View from Boro

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Amazing, isn't it? Wendy - with 2 home games - have had a brilliant start to the season, 4pts. Us, with 2 away games have had a shocking start, 3 pts. A win v. Crawley & we're level with last season's start...:eek:

They've got 5 points, but you are right it's all small sample size at the moment.

Bring it up time and time again, but how can we be a 'rugby team'? I reckon only 3 of our players (Collins, McGahey, Basham) break the 6ft boundary? We're the smallest, most lightweight team in the world!

McEveley as well, so after we put on Higdon we had six players above 6 ft. Then we have the leap of Alcock, the nastiness of Doyle and the stocky build of Davies and Baxter, so to be fair we did have some height and strength in the team yesterday.

It was a bit disappointing that we allowed them a free header when they scored though. I think they only had two or three tall players in their starting line up.

From my seat I thought we played well in the first half and could have gone on to win 4 or 5 -1. We huffed and puffed second half, obviously unfit and we need to work on that, but now we have square opegs in square holes, we deserved the winner.

From where I was it looked like the ref was helping them more. I think it illustrates how poor the officiating is at this level.

Whilst being reasonably scathing of some of the referees we have the pleasure of, I do believe it actually illustrates how completely blinkered most football supporters are.

You don't have to play pretty football to win football games as we found out with Weir last season. I would rather us play rubbish football all season and be promoted if that what it takes.

Peterborough are the Brad Dexter of football. If I had to name all 92 league clubs, they'd be the one I'd forget.

I always remember Brad Dexter because he's the one people forget. Similarly when trying to name all 50 US states I start with Wyoming.

If you think the fans reaction was amusing you should have heard their reporter on Radio Cambridge apparently we were totally outplayed and they should have run up a cricket score in the first half. Yes they did look dangerous going forward but the attacks ended up with crap goal attempt at best.

I have this debate with a mate of mine about footie fans, we're pretty much all the same. We get defensive when we lose and look for excuses and pretend we wouldnt dream of behaving like that when the opposition does it to us.

My mate was moaning Liverpool fans were more whiny than Man U fans, that was until last season when he agreed the roles reversed.

Maybe the ref was crap last night, i've no idea, that tends to even itself out over the season, maybe we were more physical, i dont care about pretty, we won!

We cant really judge boro fans based on a few knobs on twitter

Last edited:

There is this false dichotomy of long passes/hoof/ugly vs short passes/ticky-tacka/beautiful. In fact, some long passing can be brilliant (Tony Currie, Frank de Boer setting up Bergkamp in 1998) and some short passing can be shite.

That pass that Daley Blind made for Van Persie's header in the World Cup nearly had me scratching my eyes out.

There is this false dichotomy of long passes/hoof/ugly vs short passes/ticky-tacka/beautiful. In fact, some long passing can be brilliant (Tony Currie, Frank de Boer setting up Bergkamp in 1998) and some short passing can be shite.

Spot on....

And said it before but....

Watch any good performance in the Premiership and there will be elements of both.

If you think the fans reaction was amusing you should have heard their reporter on Radio Cambridge apparently we were totally outplayed and they should have run up a cricket score in the first half. Yes they did look dangerous going forward but the attacks ended up with crap goal attempt at best.

The Boro commentator here is very bitter at the end too. They were bad losers last season too

They call us Sheffield and cant even be arsed to put our name in red and white, i hope the entire town gets washed away by a tsunami.

Last edited:
I seem to remember that back in the spring of 1982 Peterborough were one of our rivals for promotion out of the fourth division, and their manager made some pretty scathing/disrespectful comments about us. Unfortunately for him I think he made them prior to the game at London Road. Probably would have been more sensible to say nothing as great joy was had by all when we absolutely stuffed them 4-0, and then stuffed them again by an identical score some two weeks later at Bramall Lane.

They call us Sheffield and cant even be arsed to put our name in red and white, i hope the entire town gets washed away by a tsumani.

We won, they lost - if they can't live with it, they can take a running fuck at a rolling doughnut.

The Boro commentator here is very bitter at the end too. They were bad losers last season too

We had just two shots apparently? Obviously he can't count as we had more than that.

That said in the first half our defence looked all over the place and that goal of theirs was even worse than I thought.

I seem to remember that back in the spring of 1982 Peterborough were one of our rivals for promotion out of the fourth division, and their manager made some pretty scathing/disrespectful comments about us. Unfortunately for him I think he made them prior to the game at London Road. Probably would have been more sensible to say nothing as great joy was had by all when we absolutely stuffed them 4-0, and then stuffed them again by an identical score some two weeks later at Bramall Lane.

Maybe they have not forgotten and hence why they still don't like us.

I heard last night that they have only ever beaten us once in the League.

Posh's manager was Peter Morris. I went to both games

Fuck em , what's our team supposed to do allow themselves to be kicked off the park like Arsenal
used to allow themselves to be ,
I don't mind our team winning ugly , I mind our team not winning
1-0 all season for me , History books don't mention winning ugly ,
they mention who won promotion and who got relegated

but the clubs forums are full of it.

Posh's manager was Peter Morris. I went to both games

Wasn't there 20,000 at London Rd that day, or was that the home game? I remember they were our big rivals for promotion, but we ended up winning the league by a big margin

Wasn't there 20,000 at London Rd that day, or was that the home game? I remember they were our big rivals for promotion, but we ended up winning the league by a big margin
13,439 at London Road. 23,923 at BDTBL

Reactions: Dkc

Back
Top Bottom