Victim mentality

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Genuine question, is it the on field ref who keeps the time added on, I've always assumed so, or is there some one off field who does it?
I ask as. if it's the on field ref., I don't believe it's humanly possible to properly ref. a game and properly keep a record of time stoppages in the hustle and bustle of a game.

It’s the on field ref that keeps time. You could see him pointing to his watch to indicate he had stopped it.

I personally think football should have a timekeeper who stops and restarts an official clock. It should be a case of when the clock hits 90 minutes the match is over, no added time bollocks.

Those clubs you mention aren’t going to be wasting time when they are winning at home. When Man City go 1-0 up, they keep attacking to get more goals, they don’t waste time to hang on for the 1-0.

That’s the reason there is less added on time, there is no conspiracy.
Can’t agree I’m afraid. I grant you that City kerp going but the others have shown that they are as nervous as anyone else whilst trying to close out a one goal lead.

It would have been easier if it were a straightforward 3-0 loss that many were expecting against a very good team who I reckon will be right up there come the end of the season given the smart recruitment with likes of Maddison, a good manager and not having the European competition distractions/fatigue that their peer clubs have. It was just the nature of the defeat was hard to take, getting so close and losing it so quickly (very similar setup to City where no-one realistically thought we had much of a chance into the game).

Spurs fans do definitely want us down though, they are making that very clear on all of our social media that they are a little rattled 😂

View attachment 171189
View attachment 171188
View attachment 171191
View attachment 171192
View attachment 171193
View attachment 171194
View attachment 171195
View attachment 171196
View attachment 171197

View attachment 171200
View attachment 171201
View attachment 171202
View attachment 171203
View attachment 171204
View attachment 171205
'Even Burnley followed instructions and let us dry bum them. Get back to the championship for having the audacity to try and get a result against us.'

There's a pattern developing here.

Both City and Spurs fans turn up expecting their team to turn us over about 6 or 7 nil.

It doesn't happen. They both have to accept close victories with late goals.

Of course they are delighted but their frustratioins remain. They take their fustrations out on us .....

We are anti-football. We don't deserve to be in the Premier league. Get back to the Champioinship. Never been a Premier league club.

This will happen many times this season. Even when we win matches (and we will) Roy's View From will be predictable.

I think I agree with this. If Spurs had scored a well worked goal that we couldn’t have prevented, I’d be more pissed off with the refereeing.

But, both goals were entirely our own making.

Control the controllables, because that’s all we can do. There’s lots of uncontrollables against us, but there’s nothing we can really do about those.

Can’t agree I’m afraid. I grant you that City kerp going but the others have shown that they are as nervous as anyone else whilst trying to close out a one goal lead.

How often did we waste time at home last season? It was only very late in matches, not the entire second half.

The best teams in any division don’t waste time because they don’t need to. They keep attacking to get more goals, just like we did last season. We didn’t go 1-0 then defend for our lives and waste time against a team worse than us, especially at home.

The time wasting argument falls flat for me because it's conjecture. We don't know that the officials wouldn't have put up 12 minutes if spurs had been winning just like we don't know 12 minutes wouldn't have been put up were it spurs vs city, we just suspect we do.

They are clamping down on time wasting and seem to be doing it somewhat consistently. But I still think it'll be something they stop doing as the season continues. There'll be a high profile game where there's a shit ton of stoppage and some star player picks up a fatigue related injury, or some big team will fall victim to a smash and grab goal from a little team (hope its us) and the Klopps or Peps will lose their shit and then pundits will all sagely nod their heads and say it's a problem. Then by pure coincidence, stoppage time will start to go down, PGMOL will say the clampdown has worked. It'll go back to normal. In that sense we will be the victims, just like we were last time when we got dicked over by stupid new rules at the start that the powers that be didn't see a problem with until someone bigger whinged about it.

The more obvious issue for me yesterday wasn't the stoppage but the McBurnie incident. With that there was a clear example of inconsistent rules being applied. McBurnie is sent off for dissent because that's another thing to be stamped on. Okay, it's a bit crap for us but fair enough.

Yet Son and Maddison were in the refs face all game, calling for cards and generally being odious little pricks, far more than McBurnie was so why are they getting off so lightly? Who knew a player getting their own endorsement deal also gave them carte blanche to ignore rules? Why aren't the pundits loudly calling this out?

Refs do favour the big teams, unconsciously or otherwise. A high profile game will come along and you can imagine there'll be a lot worse than what McBurnie did getting completely ignored with some pretty extreme dissent being necessary before a red card is brandished. Or the ref will actually be inconsistent again, send off someone's star player and THEN it'll magically become an issue that needs addressing with the PGMOL apologising and hurriedly changing their guidelines.

This is always going to be the problem of being in the league where you are pretty much making up the numbers and everything is geared toward the clubs with the biggest collection of plastic part time fans.

It would have been easier if it were a straightforward 3-0 loss that many were expecting against a very good team who I reckon will be right up there come the end of the season given the smart recruitment with likes of Maddison, a good manager and not having the European competition distractions/fatigue that their peer clubs have. It was just the nature of the defeat was hard to take, getting so close and losing it so quickly (very similar setup to City where no-one realistically thought we had much of a chance into the game).

Spurs fans do definitely want us down though, they are making that very clear on all of our social media that they are a little rattled 😂

View attachment 171189
View attachment 171188
View attachment 171191
View attachment 171192
View attachment 171193
View attachment 171194
View attachment 171195
View attachment 171196
View attachment 171197

View attachment 171200
View attachment 171201
View attachment 171202
View attachment 171203
View attachment 171204
View attachment 171205

Little old Sheffield United from the scruffy north rattling the mighty Tottenham Hotspur. You love to see it.

Both City and Spurs fans turn up expecting their team to turn us over about 6 or 7 nil.

Of course they are delighted but their frustratioins remain. They take their fustrations out on us .....

We are anti-football. We don't deserve to be in the Premier league. Get back to the Champioinship. Never been a Premier league club.

This will happen many times this season. Even when we win matches (and we will) Roy's View From will be predictable.
Exactly this,to be bitter and twisted after you've won takes a special kind of stupidity fan base,they came expecting a walk over and didn't get it,they came expecting another Burnley, didn't get it,their limitations were exposed ,their expectations turned into frustrations and no doubt a few bets got binned as well,this happens when you have a false sense of reality about your team.

I guess we didn't read the script, what we should be doing against the better teams in the Premier league is to play the game how they want us to play it, you know Burnley style open at the back and roll over to have our bellies tickled.
How dare we make life difficult for these entitled twats and their fans. I saw no time wasting worse than any other club would do, I'm not sure how they can call us dirty there wasn't a bad tackle in the game until Richarlison assaulted Bash with a elbow to the head a challenge which should have seen him Red carded (where was the VAR check?)
I'm not sure how Spuds can complain about the Ref Maddison I thought he was great for them.

Victim mentality, maybe. Corrupt league, favouring certain clubs, definitely.
Who knows, this result alone may cost us our place in the Premier League.
Last time it was the clear goal against Villa, when the goalkeeper clearly retrieved the ball from behind the post in the net. If given, we would have stayed up and Villa would have gone down.
And a few years ago, if a diving Gerrard hadn’t been given a penalty, when no contact was made, and the referee said it was given for the intent of contact(!!), we would have stayed up.
Go back a few years further, and we went down after a very dubious game and result between Everton and Wimbledon.
When Barnsley had their one season in the top flight, I would argue that there was a concerted effort to get them relegated too.
The Premier League hierarchy favour certain clubs. Always have, always will.
The Villa ghost goal was the first game back after the covid break and we finished that season 9th.

View attachment 171189
View attachment 171188
View attachment 171191
View attachment 171192
View attachment 171193
View attachment 171194
View attachment 171195
View attachment 171196
View attachment 171197

View attachment 171200
View attachment 171201
View attachment 171202
View attachment 171203
View attachment 171204
View attachment 171205

Why do you think Spurs want us down?

It's because they have some bad memories when playing us.
We tend to always beat them at Bramall Lane in the league, also knocked them out of the cup last year even though we played a very weak, semi reserve side
and in the season under Wilder we totally outplayed them at their own group and would have won if it wasn't for John Lundstrums toe nail.

Basically they'd rather no play us because they struggle.

Very well put, it must be hard to accept when you are such amazing illustrious clubs as Man City and Spurs and have spent collectively about 500 billion pounds and have upside down beer and a deli in your ground and play the beautiful "ange ball" (a little bit of sick came up then typing that). How can a championship team of tin pot cloggers who got cobbled together at the last minute run your all conquering invincibles up to 100 minutes before you rightfully put them out of their misery. Fuckin ange ball.....embarrassing cringeworthy twats.

I know the lads gave effort and did great defensively for 98 minutes but to concede 2 like that with 4 minutes to go is pretty poor. Defence need a long hard look I knew it would bite us not getting another defender as Basham I thinks past it. Victim mentality is probably right need to get out of that rut asap some tough games coming up we can’t feel sorry for ourselves.

Is it a sign that our team aren't fit enough? Competing for 93 minutes against 103 surely needs to be considered by the coaching staff.

Basham losing richarlison for the equaliser for example?

It would have been easier if it were a straightforward 3-0 loss that many were expecting against a very good team who I reckon will be right up there given the good recruitment with likes of Maddison, a good manager and not having the European competition distractions/fatigue that their peer clubs have. It was just the nature of the defeat was hard to take, getting so close and losing it so quickly (very similar setup to City where no-one realistically thought we had much of a chance into the game).

View attachment 171189
View attachment 171188
View attachment 171191
View attachment 171192
View attachment 171193
View attachment 171194
View attachment 171195
View attachment 171196
View attachment 171197

View attachment 171200
View attachment 171201
View attachment 171202
View attachment 171203
View attachment 171204
View attachment 171205
The folk who wrote this load of detritus are non football supporters who latch on any organisation that give them ability to become anonymous and able to berate other in a disgusting manner showing their mental age to be on the moronic scale.
"For Fucks sake", Tottingham, it's a game of football, not a World War:-for World War look under- Putin.

Whilst I’m not in for the full conspiracy theory and think other than using a bit to fuel us, we shouldn’t make too much of it weekly…

Anyone who thinks had roles been entirely reversed yesterday, that the added time would have been the same, simply can’t pay attention to football in the upper levels.

Hi Stegosaurus here

I get your point but, if we were losing 1-0 against Spurs or one of the big teams, there is absolutely zero chance we would get 13 minutes time added on like this, justified or not.
Because they wouldn’t waste that much time it’s pretty simple.Check our the added time yesterday across the premier league this isn’t exclusive to us.

The Villa ghost goal was the first game back after the covid break and we finished that season 9th.

Yep that's true.

He is right that Villa stayed up by the skin of their teeth though, and that result could have made all the difference. We were also eyeing a euro place, although we stank after the covid break anyway, so probably wouldn't have been good enough to finish in the top 6.

We are horrid to watch at the moment, literally a stereotype of a gritty, 90's, northern club. I'm struggling to see a style of play beyond parking the bus.
We really aren't a great watch atm. It feels like we've been set up to play to the stereotype we've lived with for years

Yep that's true.

He is right that Villa stayed up by the skin of their teeth though, and that result could have made all the difference. We were also eyeing a euro place, although we stank after the covid break anyway, so probably wouldn't have been good enough to finish in the top 6.
This is a bit of myth imo. Our points per game after the restart was very similar to what it was before.

Other teams improved and gained more points, that's for sure.

The defeat at Leicester and what was said afterwards was the sliding doors moment, if there was one.

View attachment 171189
View attachment 171188
View attachment 171191
View attachment 171192
View attachment 171193
View attachment 171194
View attachment 171195
View attachment 171196
View attachment 171197

View attachment 171200
View attachment 171201
View attachment 171202
View attachment 171203
View attachment 171204
View attachment 171205
Can't wait for them to turn on their new manager when their season nosedives into the same shit show they've been used to ever since Pochettino left.

Mardiest, two-faced, toxic fanbase ever.

This is a bit of myth imo. Our points per game after the restart was very similar to what it was before.

Other teams improved and gained more points, that's for sure.

The defeat at Leicester and what was said afterwards was the sliding doors moment, if there was one.

Fair enough. I do recall some good wins (Chelsea, Spurs?) so maybe it's the memory of empty stadiums that is tarnishing my recollection of our play?

I challenged the theory about Wilder's post Leicester rant at the time and said that I was glad we had a manager who would not accept 2nd best, ever. But in hindsight it seems that I was wrong, as it did seem to be the moment that everything started to slip.

Fair enough. I do recall some good wins (Chelsea, Spurs?) so maybe it's the memory of empty stadiums that is tarnishing my recollection of our play?

I challenged the theory about Wilder's post Leicester rant at the time and said that I was glad we had a manager who would not accept 2nd best, ever. But in hindsight it seems that I was wrong, as it did seem to be the moment that everything started to slip.
It has all merged into one, you're right, and with hindsight it seemed like that Leicester game and subsequent fallout was more the start of something bad rather than the end of something good, but it turned out to be both.

I remember reading Wilder had everyone working hard in expectation that we'd only been in lockdown a few weeks and he wanted to hit the ground running at the restart, so maybe we also ran out of steam in combination with the extra mental challenges of that period? It definitely didn't help that there was such a small gap between seasons and we were done for once we started 21/22.

I think the Cup QF Arsenal would've been a very different game in a full ground but that's more a comment about that Arsenal side that anything else.

Back
Top Bottom