United players, chronological numbers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
Watching cricket and they have their chronological number under the crest on their shirts.
You can check the football numbers too on the FA website.

Does anybody know a list of United players chronologically?
How many players have played for us?
What number would our next debutant be?

Anybody know?

Revolution Silent Blade

Watching cricket and they have their chronological number under the crest on their shirts.
You can check the football numbers too on the FA website.

Does anybody know a list of United players chronologically?
How many players have played for us?
What number would our next debutant be?

Anybody know?

Revolution Silent Blade
Are you just counting players who played in the league? I'll do a spreadsheet for you over the weekend if you like.

It's how I roll...

Are you just counting players who played in the league? I'll do a spreadsheet for you over the weekend if you like.

It's how I roll...
Yeah league could work, thanks.

If more than 1 player makes a debut together, how do you want to number them, alphabetically?

Just had a look in the Complete Record and to 1999 759 players had made league appearances. 21 players had just played in the FA cup mainly before United entered the Football League, 1 player had only made a League Cup appearance. So we must be well over a thousand now

Yeah league could work, thanks.

If more than 1 player makes a debut together, how do you want to number them, alphabetically?
Seems the fairest way, or shirt number maybe? If that happens in cricket with the England side it goes on batting order

I'm pretty sure one of the old books that I've got on the Blades somewhere had this in, will have a look around and see if I can find it.

I reckon by number. So on 17/8/85 for example Ken McNaught (no 6), Peter Withe (no 9) and Ray Lewington (no 10) all made league debuts and would be in that order
But what if McNaught and Lewington started and Withe didn't come on as a sub till the 63rd minute??

Back
Top Bottom