United 1 Notts County 1 - report

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I went on Friday and iv'e just watched cooperblade 's extended highlights and i have to say JCR is being harshly treeted imo,just watch it back and see how many crosses JCR actually put in and how many corners he won,sitwell has already referred to this,infact i'd go as far to say people don't watch the match and have their own agenda on specific players.The slagging he has got has been way over the top,it's people in the box what is needed as others have already alluded to.Don't get me wrong he can be frustrating at times but he does a fair amount of good things in a game to not get as much stick every fucking weak.We have far worse players 'atm'

P.s thanks for the look back at the game 'btw' cooperblade .

It's true to say you always see things in the highlights which you miss at the game. It's also true that JCR did some good things.

However it's also true that having to watch him for 90 minutes faffing about, beating the same man twice or three times, wasting opportunities time after time and not finding a man when he does cross the ball, is damned hard to bear. Last Friday I could have run on and throttled the man, especially after the previous game when he did just that on the left wing remember. ( that was Clough's fault actually).

Then I hear in Clough's interview that they had been practising near post crossing and that amazed me. If that was so then why did not one single player go near post for JCR's four/ five crosses which apparently were planned and not fluffed.? I definitely saw Higdon complain to the bench first half when one cross went near post and wasn't tossed over to him at the far post. How come?

Maybe it will all come together soon. If Clough tells O'Grady to go near and Higdon stays far then we've got it sorted!;)

It's true to say you always see things in the highlights which you miss at the game. It's also true that JCR did some good things.

However it's also true that having to watch him for 90 minutes faffing about, beating the same man twice or three times, wasting opportunities time after time and not finding a man when he does cross the ball, is damned hard to bear. Last Friday I could have run on and throttled the man, especially after the previous game when he did just that on the left wing remember. ( that was Clough's fault actually).

Then I hear in Clough's interview that they had been practising near post crossing and that amazed me. If that was so then why did not one single player go near post for JCR's four/ five crosses which apparently were planned and not fluffed.? I definitely saw Higdon complain to the bench first half when one cross went near post and wasn't tossed over to him at the far post. How come?

Maybe it will all come together soon. If Clough tells O'Grady to go near and Higdon stays far then we've got it sorted!;)
The thing is Woodwardfan ,people are asking us for high tempo in games and to start taking the game to the opposition from the start more.Well,he is one of,if not thee only player who can do this for us.

In most first halves when he gets up the pitch to do whatever he's going to do,whether that be a cross,a cut back or simply a ball out of play,hardly anybody is there to get on the end of what he does because they're either not quick enough to keep up or they're being told to stay back,now this pure and simply needs sorting and funnily enough,like you say at the end of your post we could be in buisness if done so.

Higdon - watched the tape. Five times with somebody on his back we hit the ball to him (4 at head height), this led to three fouls, two in his favour and one against, a fourth ball bounced off to a blade, and the only one at chest height he calmly brought down and passed off to a Blade. At no time was anybody running off him for him to flick on, so he took his hits and made of it what he could. Its the computer adage of garbage in and garbage out, if you want him to produce it has to start with good service. Just hope they will try harder with O'Grady. It was his two well-taken goals that got us in the cup, he does not deserve the insults and was not awful DB.

Back
Top Bottom