Trouble at the mill.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I always defended McCabe but in retrospect it was utterly demoralising seeing our brightest prospects leave for relative peanuts time and again. It's taken a while for the fanbase to realise the current regime isn't like that.
The thing with McCabe I always valued was a sense of stability. You see so many clubs going to the brink of existence, like Wednesday, Rotherham, Derby, Bolton, Portsmouth etc. and with McCabe I always felt however bad things got that the club itself was never under threat. That means a lot to me. In terms of football decisions, and just generally striking me as a wanker...the guy was indefensible.

The thing with McCabe I always valued was a sense of stability. You see so many clubs going to the brink of existence, like Wednesday, Rotherham, Derby, Bolton, Portsmouth etc. and with McCabe I always felt however bad things got that the club itself was never under threat. That means a lot to me. In terms of football decisions, and just generally striking me as a wanker...the guy was indefensible.
Apart from when he completely gave up after failing to get Bramall Lane into 2018 WC pitch & prior to the prince coming in.

The second season under Wilson & finished by Morgan was one of if not the worst squad of players I’d seen.

He then took all the assets away from ownership of the club & into his name. Not for me that bloke, you can tell the level of arrogance the guy possesses with the development ‘coming soon’ signs that are around the ground

There's a balance to be had, we sold Lankshear this week for a couple of million, we get to keep our best players and sell some youth at a profit. If that's the way the new regime do it I'm in.
Did it with DCL and Brooks as well really.

Although the Lankshear deal I believe is very different and we could do little to stop this.

Apart from when he completely gave up after failing to get Bramall Lane into 2018 WC pitch & prior to the prince coming in.

The second season under Wilson & finished by Morgan was one of if not the worst squad of players I’d seen.

He then took all the assets away from ownership of the club & into his name. Not for me that bloke, you can tell the level of arrogance the guy possesses with the development ‘coming soon’ signs that are around the ground

The assets went to a company that owned the club. They didn’t go to him.

Transfer window shuts at 11
Isn't that the time the paperwork has to be in by? We might yet see one of our stars announced as sold tomorrow morning, until then there is still time.

One thing I am fairly happy about is with the Prince in charge if somebody is sold we will get a fair price more likely than not. I do think the days of McCabe folding at the first bid are well and truly over. Every club is a selling club except maybe Man City and possibly Newcastle now, if the amount offered is nuts the player will go. I'll never live down the shame of McCabe phoning Steve Bruce and accepting the derisory offer that we had rejected the night before for Harry Maguire. To fucking Hull City anall :mad:
The trouble is if someone goes on the last day you can't replace them.

It’s obvious someone has unplugged the fax machine given the lack of outgoings this deadline day.

I wouldn’t like to be in their shoes when McCabe finds out and goes on the warpath.

The afternoon is young.

It means a lot to everyone that the club is stable

But in the footballing business, stability is about football and that's where everything starts and ends.

A club is built on its football foundations, without it being right, nothing else connected to a football club will succeed.

McCabe struck me as being like the boss of a corner shop.
If he pissed off Beryl who works behind the counter and she walked out, he could just go and employ somebody else instead.

It was almost as though footballers were like 1000 Beryl's and there was no difference between them.

It was like a footballer needed qualifications to be a footballer "Ahhh right laddie, it says on your CV that yer a footballer, is that right"

"Err yes"
"OK when can thar start, we've got some vacancies coming up because a couple of selfish twats don't wanna work here anymore, they've gone t'big supermarket down t'road cos they get more money or summat, can't understand em misen, they've got everything they need here, and the customers love em"

McCabe was not a bad Chairman, but he was not willing to take ANY sort of risk whatsoever, and for a succesful businessman there must have been huge risks taken in his other business ventures. I find it very strange that ranging between very average at it's best, and shockingly poor beyond belief at it's worst was considered good enough

Surely it’s “trouble at t’mill”
No self respecting yorkshireman would be aware of the existence of the word “the”
Surely “Trouble at mill” - we don’t use or recognise the word “the” in Sheff eg I’m going to Lane

It’s looking black over Sanders mothers……

Back
Top Bottom