Transfer Deadline Predictions

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How's my predictions coming on Houso ;)

Given the vague nature of your predictions, either really well, or really shit!

Mine on the other hand are looking solid at this juncture...

Given the vague nature of your predictions, either really well, or really shit!

Mine on the other hand are looking solid at this juncture...
That was my all point in making them,you never know.

What do we reckon will be our business tomorrow? Closest to the correct answer will get a 'like'.

IN - Steve Davies / Tom Bradshaw

OUT - Diego [perm to some Italian club, but not a big one] / Higdon [loan to Chesterfield] / Long [loan to League 2] / Collins [loan to Scotland]

NON-SUFC - Eoin Doyle [perm to Championship - prob Wigan]

BONUS - Pomps to mention flick-ons / Pinch to mention overhyped youngsters / Dimaio Snr to mention Dimaio Jnr
Looking good for your predictions mate.
Is that the Davies that you want? Or just the one you expect us to get?

Wouldn't mind him. Expected him to sign rather than my preference.

Still think there's a surprise or two to come yet.

The only thing I can confirm is that I will be heading over to Cheshire tomorrow armed with a smartphone, Ipad and DAB radio hoping for a 3G/4G signal so that I can read/hear the news that we have signed a significant striker.

These transfer deadline days are such long, laborious and often so disappointing occasions.

Make it happen for once Blades :)
Agree but I can't see it - it's Utd. Doyle's gone to Wales, COG is staying at Brighton [least for the time being]. Have we got any other 'striking' targets.

I think we could well pay for this in May when Bristol and Swindon are up and we are squaring up to the likes of MK Dons, Preston and Rochdale. That's assuming we have enough goals in us to get there and stay there?

A very disappointing day so far - as usual.

Not sure what people want out of this - who should we be in for exactly?!

I'm one of the first to bring a criticism of the club up if i see fit to,on this occasion it's not needed.This is a transfer window,not just one day,and to say it has been dissapointing would be a bit over the top and untrue.This has already been one of the best January transfer windows i can remember and if we bring in another striker that would be the icing on the cake.The January window is usually a shit one anyway as clubs normally want more money for their players than what they're worth,especially the last day of it.I want a striker just as much as anyone,lets just see what happens.

Oh FFS we're going to end up having to get Chris Porter back at this rate

My prediction if we don't sign someone......anyone!!

d4a.gif

C/O PPC.

What do we reckon will be our business tomorrow? Closest to the correct answer will get a 'like'.

IN - Steve Davies / Tom Bradshaw

OUT - Diego [perm to some Italian club, but not a big one] / Higdon [loan to Chesterfield] / Long [loan to League 2] / Collins [loan to Scotland]

NON-SUFC - Eoin Doyle [perm to Championship - prob Wigan]

BONUS - Pomps to mention flick-ons / Pinch to mention overhyped youngsters / Dimaio Snr to mention Dimaio Jnr

Pretty astute predictions I'd say Houso, given events today so far.

24 hours on from your predictions, I'd say:

IN - no one. NC will say, "We were close to few but just couldn't quite make it work. We didn't really need anyone anyway as Murph and Che have now turned out to be strikers not wingers.The loan window will open soon and we'll try to resurrect some of the deals we couldn't quite pull off today".

OUT - Higdon [loan to Peterborough], Diego [loan to Crewe]

Collins won't go today. He intends to sit tight until end of the season but NC will start telling the world he's not happy with him soon. When the loan window opens, he'll go to Mansfield until the end of the season with a view to a permanent move.

Looks like a seller's market, and I think the board are right not to pay over the odds for any player who might well be a short term fix and, even then, might not fix anything.

I blame the Academy.

Agree but I can't see it - it's Utd. Doyle's gone to Wales, COG is staying at Brighton [least for the time being]. Have we got any other 'striking' targets.

I think we could well pay for this in May when Bristol and Swindon are up and we are squaring up to the likes of MK Dons, Preston and Rochdale. That's assuming we have enough goals in us to get there and stay there?

So who's gone that you didn't want sold?

4 in who are Nigel's targets not panic buys.

Tim Cahill has just been released by New York. 35 now but could still do a job

Sorry, didn't know you'd been on the phone to him recently. My mistake

So who's gone that you didn't want sold?

4 in who are Nigel's targets not panic buys.
Haven't mentioned anyone going who I didn't want sold?
Not questioning who he's brought in either, and I am certainly not panicking.

I'm referring specifically at our striking options - or for me the lack of them. NC said before the end of last season that a striker was our priority. He repeated that in the close season, and again before the JTW opened here. I've agreed strongly with that assessment and view then, as now.

So, having failed to land a striker [COG, or Doyle, or whoever] I am saying that I am disappointed. I am also saying that [in my opinion] we might well pay for that in the second half of the season - and the play offs if we make them.

Apologies if I've pissed you off x

Haven't mentioned anyone going who I didn't want sold?
Not questioning who he's brought in either, and I am certainly not panicking.

I'm referring specifically at our striking options - or for me the lack of them. NC said before the end of last season that a striker was our priority. He repeated that in the close season, and again before the JTW opened here. I've agreed strongly with that assessment and view then, as now.

So, having failed to land a striker [COG, or Doyle, or whoever] I am saying that I am disappointed. I am also saying that [in my opinion] we might well pay for that in the second half of the season - and the play offs if we make them.

Apologies if I've pissed you off x

Not pissed me off at all, just pointing out that the transfer window is longer than one day and we've not done too bad for The Blades.

Not pissed me off at all, just pointing out that the transfer window is longer than one day and we've not done too bad for The Blades.
Yep get that totally, but we've been trying to address this 'so called' priority for over 8 months now.

I genuinely hope that we resolve it soon - before it's too late.

Back
Top Bottom