Transfer Centre

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And there's a section in boots where you can get something for your dry virgina.

I actually laughed out loud at that! Just like the thread on TV shows for Blades players, some great stuff on that as well

How about the lad who was on loan at Southend when we played down there ....... can't remember his name ......

Caused us all sorts of trouble with his pace, strength and wasn't bad in the air either ....

UTB & FTP

Think you're referring to Tyrone Bennett? He only got 5 in 20 so not so sure, but maybe half of those were sub appearances. We certainly need some presence up there with Sharp and to give Adams some more competition. Just not many target men around that are decent at our level any more. Where's Chris Guthrie when you need him! Joke!

Updated (1 additional rumour)

Confirmed Ins: -

Confirmed Outs: Mark Howard, Bob Harris, Callum McFadzean, Terry Kennedy, Harrison McGahey, Jay McEveley, Florent Cuvelier, Ryan Flynn, Jose Baxter and Jamal Campbell-Ryce.

Transfer listed: Kieron Freeman, Kieran Wallace, James Wallace, Dean Hammond, Paul Coutts, Martyn Woolford and Diego De Girolamo.

Rumours In: Aaron Phillips (Coventry - right back), James Hanson (Bradford - striker), Leon Clarke (Bury - Striker), Ryan Tafazolli (Mansfield - centre half), Gordon Greer (Brighton - Centre half), Jay Simpson (Leyton Orient - striker)

Rumours Out: Dean Hammond (Doncaster - Source: Twitter), George Long (WBA and M'boro - Source: Various)

Lol .... remember him mate !!! Shit that's a long time ago ........

No I meant last season .... was it Tyrone Barnett ??

UTB & FTP

Southend ! Strikers ! FFS Have you no memory (and not being old enough is no excuse :))? The financial ghosts of dealing with Roots Hall (and crap forwards).

1. Chris Guthrie 1975 £110k? P 60 G 15
2. Richard Cadette 1987 £135k P 33 G 7

Nooooooo. :eek:

Southend ! Strikers ! FFS Have you no memory (and not being old enough is no excuse :))? The financial ghosts of dealing with Roots Hall (and crap forwards).

Wasn't Richard Cadette the first player we bought with the help of the Blades Revival fund?

Could have been. Fund originally called Blades Resuscitation Fund. Clearly we failed with that one.:)

Once won a £250 Arnold Laver voucher. I was only about 18 and didn't give a shite about gardening (still don't if i'm honest) so I sold it my Uncle for £150.

Updated (1 additional rumour)

Confirmed Ins: -

Confirmed Outs: Mark Howard, Bob Harris, Callum McFadzean, Terry Kennedy, Harrison McGahey, Jay McEveley, Florent Cuvelier, Ryan Flynn, Jose Baxter and Jamal Campbell-Ryce.

Transfer listed: Kieron Freeman, Kieran Wallace, James Wallace, Dean Hammond, Paul Coutts, Martyn Woolford and Diego De Girolamo.

Rumours In: Aaron Phillips (Coventry - right back), James Hanson (Bradford - striker), Leon Clarke (Bury - Striker), Ryan Tafazolli (Mansfield - centre half), Gordon Greer (Brighton - Centre half), Jay Simpson (Leyton Orient - striker), Matt Kilgallon (Free - centre half)

Rumours Out: Dean Hammond (Doncaster - Source: Twitter), George Long (WBA and M'boro - Source: Various)

Where has the kilgallon rumour come from?
Let's hope wilder does not consider him to be the type we need, we have moved on from hairdressers, we need real blades

Not sure this is the right thread but i really like the sound of signing Ben Turner who has been released by Cardiff.

28 years old, big, strong and a leader at center back

Has had injury problems last season but played towards the end of the season with no issues.

Can we really gamble on someone who's had injury problems?

To me, we need to fill the team with physically strong, mobile players capable of keeping up a high tempo game for 100 minutes. That is something I do agree with Adkins.
Then, and only then can we look at getting a few bargains....in other words players who might be coming back from some injury or other who have time to get themselves right and provide cover from the bench and then push for a starting berth.

Clough did this with Wallace....look how that turned out. He was constantly hoping his marquee midfield player was going to get fit.

He's not their player ...... he's only on loan. ;)

UTB & FTP

Can we really gamble on someone who's had injury problems?

We need to distinguish the difference between a player who has injury problems and a player who's had an injury.

James Wallace, Terry Kennedy...that's injury problems.

But people were saying Baptiste had injury problems when he arrived, when really he just needed to get back in the game after a bad injury.

Likewise with Brayford; a bloke who had a bad injury who was then labelled by some as being 'injury prone'. Granted he hasn't quite been up to scratch since his injury, but injury prone? I wouldn't say so.

I know nothing about Turner, but if it's a released Champ player who is over the worst of a bad injury, I'd say it's worth a punt.

We need to distinguish the difference between a player who has injury problems and a player who's had an injury.

James Wallace, Terry Kennedy...that's injury problems.

But people were saying Baptiste had injury problems when he arrived, when really he just needed to get back in the game after a bad injury.

Likewise with Brayford; a bloke who had a bad injury who was then labelled by some as being 'injury prone'. Granted he hasn't quite been up to scratch since his injury, but injury prone? I wouldn't say so.

I know nothing about Turner, but if it's a released Champ player who is over the worst of a bad injury, I'd say it's worth a punt.
6ft 4" powerhouse defender.

A really strong performer.

Not seen anything about Dan Burn recently. I hope we're still in for him. I don't see why we wouldn't be if we could afford his wages.

Updated - 2 x Ins, 1 x Rumoured out

Confirmed Ins: Mark Duffy (Free), Chris Hussey (Bury - undisclosed)

Rumours In: Aaron Phillips (Coventry - right back), James Hanson (Bradford - striker), Leon Clarke (Bury - Striker), Ryan Tafazolli (Mansfield - centre half), Gordon Greer (Brighton - Centre half), Jay Simpson (Leyton Orient - striker), Matt Kilgallon (Free - centre half)

Rumours Out: Dean Hammond (Doncaster - Source: Twitter), George Long (WBA and M'boro - Source: Various), Kieron Freeman (Portsmouth)

Back
Top Bottom