Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v. Sheffield United - 16th September 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

TOTT
TOTT
TOTT

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1694461416935.png vs. 1694461424401.png

Premier League Matchweek 5 - Saturday 16th September 2023 - 15:00 - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/tottenham-hotspur-vs-sheffield-united.661/

Officials:

Referee: TBC
Assistants: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC
VAR: TBC
Assistant VAR: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage (TO BE UPDATED):

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 20.43.04.png

What pisses me off though is our lack of concentration 80 minutes onwards. You know we're going to fuck things up, players start having brain farts, panicking and stop forgetting their job on the pitch. Do we have a Sports Phycologist because we need one. OK, 12 minutes of injury time is a fucking joke but you know our lack of a hard mentality will cost us. It always seems to be an individual mistake that will happen, And I think it's time to finally say goodbye the the last remnants of the Chris Wilder days. This will hold us back this season.

The second half, the crowd got that time added on, booing every time Wes had the ball, so the ref thinks he is wasting time even when he isn’t.

We are going to get shit all in terms of luck and decisions this season, but we don’t half bring it on ourselves by doing stupid things.
Tbh on 80 minutes I said 8 maybe 10
So to see 12 wasn’t really a surprise
We did our best to slow the game down ( as others have done often against us) within the rules

Wow.

Harsh on you boys.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Good lad. No issue with you coming on here.

What gets most fans goats is the twitterati, gloating, giving no respect to a team who are hugely mismatched in terms of resources giving it a real go.

Fans like yourself I wish you good luck. Unfortunately some of the rest should learn a lesson in humility.

Lack of depth costing us late in games again. A reoccurring pattern that needs fixing. Feels very much like the not getting stuffed relegation season previously already

Reactions: SLB
What pisses me off though is our lack of concentration 80 minutes onwards. You know we're going to fuck things up, players start having brain farts, panicking and stop forgetting their job on the pitch. Do we have a Sports Phycologist because we need one. OK, 12 minutes of injury time is a fucking joke but you know our lack of a hard mentality will cost us. It always seems to be an individual mistake that will happen, And I think it's time to finally say goodbye the the last remnants of the Chris Wilder days. This will hold us back this season.
Galling on a set-play too. If ever there is a time to remember your roles re-set then it's one of those. Fucking hell, the same player has scored a header against us before.

Then Anel. Fucks sake man. Just hoof the fucking thing long and hard to their far corner. Take a point.

It was sickening to listen to Sherwood. He could not contain himself when Spurs scored. Sky, the PL ... the whole shitshow stacks everything in favour of the big clubs.
Totally agree with this

I just could not believe my ears listening to Sherwood on SKY . Not only was he bigging up Spurs he was condescending and insulting towards us . At one early point he said Spurs were all over us and that we would t and couldn’t threaten them , obviously . What a twatish thing to say . Why are we continually getting so called pundits reporting on games of their ex clubs ? SKY want a rocket up their arse for allowing that , and allowing the pundits to be so so
biased .

It’s all a shit show the prem - not enjoying one moment of it tbh

Wow.

Harsh on you boys.

This will seem like sour grapes but how is Madison (and others) allowed to continually ask the ref to give cards out when new rules state that is a yellow card offence? Good player but what a sneaky entitled shithouse.

Gutted that the absolute charlatan, the “you’re not my real dad” faced Richarlison actually scored against us.

God that was painful, in a bar in Shanghai, full of ManU fans (almost all the screens showing this one). The table I sat at was all West ham fans, could it get any worse?
Yes, I went for a piss when they equalised and came back to 2-1.
Where did 12 minutes come from?
Not one other Blade in the bar. I realised when I cheered at our goal and everyone laughed in the bar as I was the only one watching this game..
Painful, painful. I feel for everyone on the bus home.

It's called fatigue. Spurs players were the same until they scored they were knocking shit hopeful balls into the box with no thought. Once the goal goes in, it's nailed on they'll get a second, the uplift in adrenaline from that spurs them on (mind the pun).

Just unlucky today. We move on.

Totally agree with this

I just could not believe my ears listening to Sherwood on SKY . Not only was he bigging up Spurs he was condescending and insulting towards us . At one early point he said Spurs were all over us and that we would t and couldn’t threaten them , obviously . What a twatish thing to say . Why are we continually getting so called pundits reporting on games of their ex clubs ? SKY want a rocket up their arse for allowing that , and allowing the pundits to be so so
biased .

It’s all a shit show the prem - not enjoying one moment of it tbh
Know its hard not to get wound up listening to nonsense. I've heard Sherwood on talk sport and he's clueless. Half decent player. Woeful manager and pundit....completely clueless

Positives, we lost by 1 goal kept them out for 97 minutes against the new darlings of the premier league, although it was always going to be tough we weren't embarrassed, we can all see that with every game there's improvement and as fans you can't ask more than that

True, but remember the last relegation. It started even better and similar to the previously succesful season. The results went the other way though, heads started to drop and it was game over.

Need to start picking up results soon or it will go the same way.

The way I feel tonight, I would rather us resign from this CORRUPT sham of a league, and just play local teams in a Yorkshire league or something.
The Premier League is corrupt, and just favours a few rich clubs, and it has been fir a number of years.

True, but remember the last relegation. It started even better and similar to the previously succesful season. The results went the other way though, heads started to drop and it was game over.

Need to start picking up results soon or it will go the same way.
I see your point, I'm sure the players can see that although they're not getting the points the performances are there, today they will be fuming, their heads won't have dropped today they'll be all the more determined, plus they can see, that after 5 games there's only been 1 goal in it, heads drop when you think that you're not good enough

Wow.

Harsh on you boys.

On the balance of play it was the correct result.

On the balance of 12 minutes added time I’m rather fuming.

I’d say good luck for the rest of the season but it seems you’ve used up a bit of it today ;)

We’ll see you on here again for the return fixture, I’m sure.

On the balance of play it was the correct result.

On the balance of 12 minutes added time I’m rather fuming.

I’d say good luck for the rest of the season but it seems you’ve used up a bit of it today ;)

We’ll see you on here again for the return fixture, I’m sure.

I'll be back later this season mate.

Again, good luck.

Fuck off spurs, fuck off "Ange" and fuck off the media wanking themselves to death over them. Oh, and quadruple fuck off Peter Bankes for adding TWELVE FUCKING MINUTES you cheating bastard.
Agree with most of that , but I actually like ange he does try to get his team's playing football, sort of rich man's Steve Evans 😁😁😁

I'll be back later this season mate.

Again, good luck.
Do you think Spurs will/can keep this good form up? Had a fairly easy start to the season, and even little old us looked like we could get at you, but nevertheless good results.

I see your point, I'm sure the players can see that although they're not getting the points the performances are there, today they will be fuming, their heads won't have dropped today they'll be all the more determined, plus they can see, that after 5 games there's only been 1 goal in it, heads drop when you think that you're not good enough
Yes, but it is inevitable that no (one) points will make you feel (and prove, obviously) not good enough.

Gutting to lose it like that, in many ways I'd have preferred a 5-0 kicking to that

As an aside, Wes needs to stop fucking about wasting time. Seems like every single occasion he is in possession he's asking for the referee to remember that the six second rule exists. It'll all get added on, it achieves nothing, and is just inviting yellow cards

The "View from" is going to be unbearable. In fact, Roy, can you just not?

Back
Top Bottom