The worst ever cup season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My dream as a blade is to see United in the FA Cup final and to win it. Any season we don't achieve it is a disappointment. That said I couldn't give a monkeys about the League cup and that other abomination. I would trade a final appearance, in the FA Cup,for any promotion or relegation.

I'd normally agree with this 100% but we need to be out of this league in order to keep our talented players, I'm sick of them being sold to bigger clubs and the board having the excuse of a lifetime, yeah we'll still get the odd premier league club tapping em up, but we won't lose players like Murphy to Brighton "etc"..

We need to get up at all costs so we can see the game changing investment promised when we hit the championship....or find out the new bullshit excuses.. I'm way too curious now as what they will be..

We need to get up at all costs so we can see the game changing investment promised when we hit the championship....or find out the new bullshit excuses.. I'm way too curious now as what they will be..

It's been spent on the new generation of laser guided computer controlled fax machines?

I'll get my coat.....

My dream as a blade is to see United in the FA Cup final and to win it. Any season we don't achieve it is a disappointment. That said I couldn't give a monkeys about the League cup and that other abomination. I would trade a final appearance, in the FA Cup,for any promotion or relegation.

Any United fan of a certain age will agree with this.

For a start, us old-uns still revere the FA Cup. Secondly, we're never going to win the premiership but seeing as we can get to the semis on a regular(ish) basis, then a cup win is distinctly feasible.

I'm in the final third (in football terminology) of my life and would be terribly disappointed never to see us win anything during a lifetime support. You can keep the modern-day notion of mid-table premiership survival as being a "success" story a la Swansea, Stoke or WBA. Give us a Cup win any day.

Back
Top Bottom