The Shred End?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

if the fans unitlaterally decide to call it the Shred End then there isn't a thing anyone can do about it and in 100 years time historians of the game will quibble about where it got the name from.. it doesn't need a bloody sign

if the fans unitlaterally decide to call it the Shred End then there isn't a thing anyone can do about it and in 100 years time historians of the game will quibble about where it got the name from.. it doesn't need a bloody sign

Exactly. I remember an arsenal mate of mine moaning about the name 'Emirates' as opposed to Highbury. I said that if they all felt that way they should just keep calling it that.

Agreed, it was fucking embarrassing for the club to name a stand after a bird whose response was "Er, oh, yeah, thanks for that".

That move had "McCabe Opportunism" wrote all over it.

I like the idea of the concourse, or the steps up to the Kop tributed to Shred - that would probably be more fitting than an actual stand.

I'm struggling to see the problem with it. It's not disrespectful and isn't making any demands.

If you don't want to sign it then fine, but why take it down? 500+ people have already signed.

The thing is Shred wouldnt want that if his family decide in their own time thats fine there is no rush let them grieve
we have lost a very good friend but they have lost a son and a brother

I didn't know the man and maybe am not the best place to comment but seems to me for a man who loved the club and shunned the limelight, the best legacy would be a fund with the proceeds going, in part or full, to provide match tickets for underprivileged kids. I can't think of a better way to spread the love. That said I fully support the consultation of his family. RIP Shred.

Agreed, it was fucking embarrassing for the club to name a stand after a bird whose response was "Er, oh, yeah, thanks for that".

Could be worse. This one's at Crewe (not Photoshopped, btw)

IMG_7108a.jpg

i reckon we should all call the kop the Shred end.. noone sponsors it anyway and it is where most of us (and Shred) stand/stood.. i'm going to start calling it the 'Shred end' informally from now on .. i reckon it could catch on

How about just having a big flag bearing his name draped over the seats in the Bramall Lane end?

Back
Top Bottom