The Return Of Len De Goey

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think it depends on your personality.

If you're a moaner by trade then you see no problem with moaning endlessly. If you hate moaners and more of a do-er then it grates. IMHO.

At work I'm consistently told in my annual salary reviews I'm one of the few positive people and how appreciated it is (never mind that show me the fucking money)

None of my friends in life would describe me a moaning c*** nor would my family

So it's just the Blades that bring it out in me.

What agenda do I have?

Well on the "clapper" to "slasher" scale which Alcoblade described, I'd say you couldn't get too much closer to slasher.

And again, I'm not saying that it isn't sometimes justified.

If you honestly belive that you are completely fair minded and have no agenda, then I think you're deluded.

A bit harsh and unfair there in your criticism of LS26BLADE

I'm a bit biased because I know him, and sit at all the matches with him, but generally he is often absolutely bang on the money when it comes to assessing the failures of the club, and all he is doing is calling it how it is.

Personally we are at our lowest ebb in the clubs entire history, nobody can't dispute that, and I don't think anyone with hand on heart can see any way out of this at the current moment in time. However be it the players, manager, or the board, I think that criticism is warranted and deserved,

I remember Len way back on BladesUnited, reminded me of Brian the Blade.

A bit harsh and unfair there in your criticism of LS26BLADE

I'm a bit biased because I know him, and sit at all the matches with him, but generally he is often absolutely bang on the money when it comes to assessing the failures of the club, and all he is doing is calling it how it is.

Personally we are at our lowest ebb in the clubs entire history, nobody can't dispute that, and I don't think anyone with hand on heart can see any way out of this at the current moment in time. However be it the players, manager, or the board, I think that criticism is warranted and deserved,

I don't think asserting that someone isn't completely fair minded or has an agenda is necessarily a criticsm, I think we all have our own predispositions that dictate how we live our lives.

I'd be the first to admit that on the previously quoted scale, I'm in the clapper camp, and I think we can all position ourselves somewhere on that scale.

Maybe I'm being unfair to LS26BLADE? Maybe your biased because you know him personally?

Either way, I'm convinced that most of us familar with the forum would be able to identify a 'theme' in his posts.

I don't think asserting that someone isn't completely fair minded or has an agenda is necessarily a criticsm, I think we all have our own predispositions that dictate how we live our lives.

I'd be the first to admit that on the previously quoted scale, I'm in the clapper camp, and I think we can all position ourselves somewhere on that scale.

Maybe I'm being unfair to LS26BLADE? Maybe your biased because you know him personally?

Either way, I'm convinced that most of us familar with the forum would be able to identify a 'theme' in his posts.

There's a 'theme' running through the club to be fair.

I think the theme with his posts is that he doesn't hold the board in the highest regard or particularly trust them to steer the club in the right direction, I don't think he criticises because he enjoys being critical for the sake of it, I think it is more a case that speaks his mind about what he feels is wrong.

At the minute it is a struggle to be able to put a positive spin on anything happening at the Lane, surely someone who self identifies as a clapper on the general scale would be able to see that

I think the theme with his posts is that he doesn't hold the board in the highest regard or particularly trust them to steer the club in the right direction, I don't think he criticises because he enjoys being critical for the sake of it, I think it is more a case that speaks his mind about what he feels is wrong.

At the minute it is a struggle to be able to put a positive spin on anything happening at the Lane, surely someone who self identifies as a clapper on the general scale would be able to see that

Yes, I do understand that the club is certainly struggling at the moment. In fact, I'm only 22 so the club has struggled (bar a couple of good seasons) throughout the entire time I've been watching.

But again, I'm not arguing about that: my original point was that Len and LS26BLADE, are/were extremely negative whether it was seemingly justified or not and I still believe that.

There's no quantifiable way to measure negativity, it's all subjective, so maybe we should (excuse the tired cliché) agree to disagree?

Think it depends on your personality.

If you're a moaner by trade then you see no problem with moaning endlessly. If you hate moaners and more of a do-er then it grates. IMHO.

I think we all see it differently and I know people who have a positive outlook on life (myself being one) but I see nothing about our club to be positive about right now.

If you speak to the management team where I work they will tell you I have infectious enthusiasm and see positives where others cannot. That's because I believe. With SUFC there has been such an erosion of belief I struggle.

I think we all see it differently and I know people who have a positive outlook on life (myself being one) but I see nothing about our club to be positive about right now.

If you speak to the management team where I work they will tell you I have infectious enthusiasm and see positives where others cannot. That's because I believe. With SUFC there has been such an erosion of belief I struggle.

It's not even so much about positive or negative. It's just going over and over and over the same ground. Actively seeking out negative aspects of all and any news. Unless you enjoy moaning, why on earth would you do it?

No one likes a moaner.

At work I'm consistently told in my annual salary reviews I'm one of the few positive people and how appreciated it is (never mind that show me the fucking money)

None of my friends in life would describe me a moaning c*** nor would my family

So it's just the Blades that bring it out in me.
This Club is a Leech on your negativity .............. you have nowt -ve left for anyone else

He was a weapons grade, titanium jacketed, cockwomble of the highest order.
He wasn't right most of the time, he simply took a negative position and then harked back to it whenever things turned south.
He never had a solution to anything and wouldn't get into a debate about what he had said rather just pointing out that everything wasnt amazing and should be better. It's easy to do, on any subject and takes zero intelligence or foresight.
Even when we were being promoted to the Premiership something was wrong, and Warnock couldn't do anything right.
Plus the fact that all his bitterness around the club was purely self interest because he felt he was hard done to by them was pathetic.
Good riddance, although he'll get a twitch in his pants seeing this thread dedicated to him.

Last edited:
He was a weapons grade, titanium jacketed, cockwomble of the highest order.
He wasn't right most of the time, he simply took a negative position and then harked back to it whenever things turned south.
He never had a solution to anything and wouldn't get into a debate about what he had said rather just pointing out that everything wasnt amazing and should be better. It's easy to do, on any subject and takes zero intelligence or foresight.
Even when we were being promoted to the Premiership something was wrong, and Warnock couldn't do anything right.
Plus the fact that all his bitterness around the club was purely self interest because he felt he was hard done to by them was pathetic.
Good riddance, although he'll get a twitch in his pants seeing this thread dedicated to him.

Did you 2 not get on?

Did you 2 not get on?
He didn't want to discuss anything, just for you to accept his truth and didn't let facts get in the way of his bitter nonsense.
I thought that kind of made his place on a discussion forum redundant. I think I pretty much ignored any thread he started or comments he made towards the end, but he'd often kill interesting threads with his agenda.
Thankfully he also had a problem with respecting that he couldn't say or do whatever he wanted so was royally fucked off from this place. I'm sure the forums only just recovering from the impact and trauma of that decision although I'd be shocked if he didn't have an alias somewhere.

Last edited:
It was a tug-o'war at times on Casa Bladesmad when folks tried to unmask the crusader.

What was it again, Love Racism, Hate Football?
Keep Football Out Of Racism?

The Ecclesfield Strawberry Blond Bombshell, big pals wi' Dennis Brown, Prince Buster & Lloyd Knibb?

We dream the same dreams...
...and all that we need is to see it together.

I'd genuinely rather see a return tour of Belinda Carlise than a return of Len to this forum.
Thankfully the latter has Linz working the door so it ain't going to happen.

It was a tug-o'war at times on Casa Bladesmad when folks tried to unmask the crusader.

What was it again, Love Racism, Hate Football?
Keep Football Out Of Racism?

The Ecclesfield Strawberry Blond Bombshell, big pals wi' Dennis Brown, Prince Buster & Lloyd Knibb?
I always liked, Howard the Schmuck

There have been some fantastic posters on the Blades forums over the years. Many posting in thier own style and contributing to a community of Blades.

The downsides of forums are you get some posters who feel it is thier way of becoming a "celeb" and most of thier posts are more about "look at me" than any kind of contribution to banter or debate. Barney take note.

Those are the people who destroy threads and ultimately a forum if unchecked. It is similar to football heaven. Myself and many others have stopped listening because it is the same loudmouths ringing every night.

Len was the king of those types, but was not clever or humorous, he was nasty and opinionated. Good riddance.

Now let's move on and talk about the Blades!

Len will be here in some guise. He was an egotist who needs to spout negativity for the sake of attention. He couldn't stay away if he tried.

Most have nailed him. He was right about next to nothing, other than being endlessly critical, and pointing out where events eventually conspired with his line. The classic broken clock, accurate twice a day.

In football, if you support 85 of the 92 league clubs, it's the easiest way of being proved right. If you're a sad enough bastard to need that type of thing.

UTB

The thing is, if we were winning games and playing well no one would complain about multiple threads going on about it :)

You write as though that would be somehow reprehensible! I'm certain many of our fans, season ticket or not - that's irrelevant, are much more comfortable spitting venom. The way you express yourself rather confirms that. You'll be in your element if we don't sign any players next week. I bet you've been rehearsing your ad-lib indignation for weeks...

Len will be here in some guise. He was an egotist who needs to spout negativity for the sake of attention. He couldn't stay away if he tried.

Most have nailed him. He was right about next to nothing, other than being endlessly critical, and pointing out where events eventually conspired with his line. The classic broken clock, accurate twice a day.

In football, if you support 85 of the 92 league clubs, it's the easiest way of being proved right. If you're a sad enough bastard to need that type of thing.

UTB

Very restrained.

In truth he was/is a self-important cunt, entirely devoid of humour. Adopting contrary positions simply to amuse himself. If you want to be an arrogant, pompous fucker, you need to learn to laugh at yourself from time to time. He hadn't the wit to do that.

This, I hope, will be the last topic about the fucking nonentity.

You write as though that would be somehow reprehensible! I'm certain many of our fans, season ticket or not - that's irrelevant, are much more comfortable spitting venom. The way you express yourself rather confirms that. You'll be in your element if we don't sign any players next week. I bet you've been rehearsing your ad-lib indignation for weeks...

I'll be angry if we don't sign anyone and suspect we won't sign the required players we need.

Why would I be in my element?

I'll be angry if we don't sign anyone and suspect we won't sign the required players we need.

Why would I be in my element?

Because you enjoy knocking the club and you've nailed your colours to the 'no signings' mast. If there are signings I think you'll adopt Plan B - they're all shite. Not having a go, mate, just get the impression that's the way you are.

Just for a laugh, which of the rumoured targets would you be happy with, if any?

Because you enjoy knocking the club and you've nailed your colours to the 'no signings' mast. If there are signings I think you'll adopt Plan B - they're all shite. Not having a go, mate, just get the impression that's the way you are.

Just for a laugh, which of the rumoured targets would you be happy with, if any?

I'd be happy with the 3-4 players Wilder said we needed.

No I told you so from me.

Back
Top Bottom