The Prince is Mugging Us Off and We’re Happy to Get Shafted

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ive been a blade since division 4 and i can tell you now this fan base has no problem voicing its concerns especially compared to the ones you mention who by the way still have the same problems they had before they started moaning
Agreed, United fans have always been pretty vocal against ownership and poor management. Far more so than that lot over the city.

I'm actually not at that point where I think we need coordinated protests. I think PA has made some poor decisions for this season that I do disagree with but conversely I think they're decisions that he thinks protect the club in the medium term. I don't particularly like the way the club is being run (United World, outsourcing major departments, recruitment, allegedly shorting suppliers etc) but it's clear he just doesn't have the clout to push us on.

What he can do is be reasonable in his valuation. If it's true that he's in for £60-£70 million then he can still make a very tidy profit without being greedy. Sadly I feel he'll hold out for upwards of £120m or so but that valuation will hold no weight soon (if it does at all now). We need him to sell up if we're ever to become a PL mainstay but of course you need a willing mug to come in. Until then we're stuck in limbo.

By some amazing fluke with this team we say got to Wembley in the cup…he would pop out of hibernation

The trouble is, our fanbase is one of the most passive in English football.

This why, over the years, we roll from one bad owner to another and meekly accept lack of investment in the club and perpetual mediocrity.

People go on about Man Utd fans - glory supporters, prawn sandwich brigade and all that.

But look at how a hard-core of Man United fans have mobilised against the Glazers.

It's not not just them, other fanbases have done it, Birmingham City a recent example. Even the pig fans have stood up and had a go at Chansiri. (albeit a typically pathetic attempt).

But we're just mugs, we just lie down and let the likes of PA walk all over us and take the piss out of our club.
The fans have become pathetic.
Siddarn, Shurrup is all most of them can summon up if somebody cheers loudly or heaven forbid stands up, they'd even fight with their own and justify it by providing a safe environment to watch the football.
So standing up to cheer and shout is unsafe, but scrambling over seats to deck someone who has stood up to shout and cheer is enforcing the safety.
What a bunch of pricks.

The rest of the fan base are just typical Sheffielders, third or fourth rate is good enough, if we have a brief period as being second rate it is seen as exceptional, but they can't assume that second rate will last, their brains won't accept something being exceptional (even though it isn't exceptional) for long.
Those lofty expectations can only realised and expected from fans of Brentford, Bournemouth, Fulham, Crystal Palace, Brighton

Why don’t we all inbox him on instagram asking him to get out of our club!! POLITELY!
This man needs to sell up ASAP!!

Why don’t we all inbox him on instagram asking him to get out of our club!! POLITELY!
This man needs to sell up ASAP!!
He'll sell by 6.30pm tonight if somebody gave him the money to buy the club.
Nobody has, and nobody will.

There's a lot of talk about him wanting £170 million, but nobody knows if this is true or not
Most of our fanbase being the way they are can't comprehend numbers that are more than their weekly wage so they just dismiss the owners asking price as ridiculous.
I'm not sure what price would be considered "not ridiculous" for a Premier League club.

I'm sick of hearing all this "bought half the club for a pound and then beat McCabe in court bollocks"
He beat McCabe in court but then had to buy McCabe out, including the stadium and all of the other property.

Truth is if he reduced his asking price to £50 million he'd still not get a buyer.
And if his family members higher up the royalty food chain in Saudi didn't see an opportunity to build something wonderful at Bramall Lane with one of their own men already in, then there's very little chance anybody else will.

Makes you wonder if PIF having something to do with how we are being mismanaged. Perhaps he has been told not to invest in the club anymore thus leaving us in this horrendous state. Might be wrong but does make you wonder why nothing is coming out of the club

The only protest that'll be noticed is to stop going, stop buying merchandise, stop interacting with club social media. Even then, it may not make a difference.

The only protest that'll be noticed is to stop going, stop buying merchandise, stop interacting with club social media. Even then, it may not make a difference.
They just dont give 2 shits about the fans. That includes Hecky after repeatedly feeding us absolute garbage.

Makes you wonder if PIF having something to do with how we are being mismanaged. Perhaps he has been told not to invest in the club anymore thus leaving us in this horrendous state. Might be wrong but does make you wonder why nothing is coming out of the club
Errr No

Agreed, United fans have always been pretty vocal against ownership and poor management. Far more so than that lot over the city.

I'm actually not at that point where I think we need coordinated protests. I think PA has made some poor decisions for this season that I do disagree with but conversely I think they're decisions that he thinks protect the club in the medium term. I don't particularly like the way the club is being run (United World, outsourcing major departments, recruitment, allegedly shorting suppliers etc) but it's clear he just doesn't have the clout to push us on.

What he can do is be reasonable in his valuation. If it's true that he's in for £60-£70 million then he can still make a very tidy profit without being greedy. Sadly I feel he'll hold out for upwards of £120m or so but that valuation will hold no weight soon (if it does at all now). We need him to sell up if we're ever to become a PL mainstay but of course you need a willing mug to come in. Until then we're stuck in limbo.
Can’t believe I am in the same company as Frank n Nick in liking this post

Back
Top Bottom