The old days

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We battered Barnsley that day, Hetherston made his debut sure he hit the post about 3 times.
Yes that is right, I thought we were going to rise up in the table and that Hetherson would score a lot of goals but his efforts still kept hitting the woodwork. He went back to Scotland cos of his homesickness (he had that problem at Watford too)

I was gutted when we sold Mick Jones to Leeds must have been about 10

I'm not questioning your recollection and I know things were different then, but that seems like a big move for someone who still had six years left at school? ;)

Last edited:
Yes that is right, I thought we were going to rise up in the table and that Hetherson would score a lot of goals but his efforts still kept hitting the woodwork. He went back to Scotland cos of his homesickness (he had that problem at Watford too)

Sounds like a fucking Fanny to me.

I'm not questioning your recollection and I know things were different then, but that seems like a big move for someone who still had six years left at school? ;)
Quick

Only a pedant would point out that the school leaving age was 15 in those days.

Wasn't that long ago that you'd turn up to a match to find that we'd signed somebody overnight and the first you'd heard of it was when they announced the teams.

You beat me to it on this except that, not regularly reading the Star, I would turn up on a Saturday to learn that a new player had been signed

several days previously.

Back
Top Bottom