The night the atmosphere returned

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The home atmosphere need a kick up the arse.

Apart from the Charlton cup tie in the last few season we have never approached the atmospheres generated by the Forest play off or the Arsenal Premier League game.

I don't know why it's happened perhaps is it the over zealous stewarding of G and H block on the South stand that started it going down hill?

Maybe, but stewards can't stop fans singing and shouting wherever they are in the ground. If we truly had the "best fans in the land" as often wrongly claimed on here, we would find a way to create a fervent atmosphere. We aren't; We don't.

The best I've been at in recent years was the Villa Park cup tie - Tuesday at Shrewsbury was still a fair bit short of that - still onwards and upwards.

What made it for me was the completely out of the blue nature of the win. I was persuaded to go by both Trig Jnrs and had no expectation. It was really only into injury time where I believed we would win, despite us having dominated for large parts of the game.

Charlton at home a few weeks later was pretty special too.

Not sure about the atmosphere returning - it is definitely better but still short on what I would like. I sit in the south stand and find that I am the only one who sings anything around me even the GCB anthem!
unless the Kop is in full voice we seem to be a quiet lot overall !

So its you is it? keep it down mate please ;)

Back
Top Bottom