The most crucial question to answer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ReeceofBDTBL

Reaction score
When considering an offer for your star player, two weeks before the start of the Premier League.

Does this amount of money increase our chances of staying up this season?

I don’t know what amount it is the club has accepted, but i sincerely doubt it gets anywhere fulfilling the aforementioned criteria.

Can’t believe they’ve done it, not to mention giving the management and recruitment team 2 weeks to rebuild and completely remodel the attack.

Shite

I honestly think , if its confirmed, Ndiaye has dropped a right bollock , missing out on the prem
but more than that we took a non league player and under hecky and co hes developed into the best player in last seasons championship
without the nurturing of our staff I think it can arrest his development, he wasnt the finished article hes still got to compete at prem levels
And will still need guidance

I honestly think , if its confirmed, Ndiaye has dropped a right bollock , missing out on the prem
but more than that we took a non league player and under hecky and co hes developed into the best player in last seasons championship
without the nurturing of our staff I think it can arrest his development, he wasnt the finished article hes still got to compete at prem levels
And will still need guidance
Who says he's not going to get good coaching and development at Marseille? How do you know he's not going to get better over there? What do you know about their manager, coaches and coaching that makes you so certain he won't get better there? Do you think anyone in French top flight football knows who Paul Heckingbottom is?

Who says he's not going to get good coaching and development at Marseille? How do you know he's not going to get better over there? What do you know about their manager, coaches and coaching that makes you so certain he won't get better there? Do you think anyone in French top flight football knows who Paul Heckingbottom is?
hes given up playing in the worlds best league to tackle le havre and clermont and 14 other shite sides

because look what hecky and mccall have got out of him in 12 months

waddle went to marseille then his career imploded and he ended up at wednesday;)

hes given up playing in the worlds best league to tackle le havre and clermont and 14 other shite sides

because look what hecky and mccall have got out of him in 12 months
Only time will tell whether he has made the right choice.

I can already see one hypothetical potential. Ndiaye goes to Marseille and becomes their best player. After one or two seasons he is sold to a Champions League big hitter and our fans immediately go on the attack

"See, it had nothing to do with wanting to play for his boyhood club. He left us for the money just he's leaving them too. I hope he rots and his career goes downhill. Greedy so and so."

You say he'll be playing against the likes of La Havre. The idea of playing against Luton, Forest, Fulham, Burnley and Bournemouth must really wet his appetite. What a poor argument. Every league has crap teams.

Can’t believe they’ve done it, not to mention giving the management and recruitment team 2 weeks to rebuild and completely remodel the attack.

It's not going to be a surprise to the management.

I was told by an insider back in May that Illie's agent was refusing to talk and they had zero interest in signing a contract.
They said it's not about money, he has his heart set on going Marseille.
It's like when Sharp was at Leeds United in the Championship and we can in for him in league 1, they allowed him to leave when he still had 1 year on his contract.

So Hecky was already aware he's probably leaving and loads of signings are being line up.
My ITK source (who I see once a year) insisted N'Diaye won't leave until we have replacements line up.

All I can say is watch this space and reserve judgement until when the window shuts.

I can understand him wanting to join his boyhood club , but think him passing up playing in what is globally the best league is dumb.

When considering an offer for your star player, two weeks before the start of the Premier League.

I don’t know what amount it is the club has accepted, but i sincerely doubt it gets anywhere fulfilling the aforementioned criteria.

Shite

If he was going to be sold, it should have happened earlier, but we don't know what (if anything) Marseille actually put on the table up until this point. Sounds like they have been playing silly buggers, along with Illy's agent and Dad for a while, whilst not actually putting in a proper bid.

I am sure Hecky is as pissed off as us, but he won't have only started thinking about life without Illy today. He will have a plan to re work the attack and I am sure a replacement won't be too far away. Will he be as good? Unlikely, but I don't think the management team will have been caught flat footed by what happened today.

It's not going to be a surprise to the management.

I was told by an insider back in May that Illie's agent was refusing to talk and they had zero interest in signing a contract.
They said it's not about money, he has his heart set on going Marseille.
It's like when Sharp was at Leeds United in the Championship and we can in for him in league 1, they allowed him to leave when he still had 1 year on his contract.

So Hecky was already aware he's probably leaving and loads of signings are being line up.
My ITK source (who I see once a year) insisted N'Diaye won't leave until we have replacements line up.

All I can say is watch this space and reserve judgement until when the window shuts.
Absolute bollocks.
Any Manager worth his weight in salt wouldn't player a player in Pre-Season games that he knew was going to leave.

Shite

I think the Management team will have been well aware of the potential for this move since the start of the year and will now be putting into motion well laid plans. I believe there has been talk, from within the club, of new players / contingencies being in place for weeks, should we find ourselves in this very position. Remember, as fans we only see a fraction of the tip of the Iceberg with regards to the all the work that goes on behind the scenes by the management team. I get the feeling that Hecky is actually exceptionally professional and astute when it comes to the off field side of the business. He will have plans A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H all figured out.

I think the Management team will have been well aware of the potential for this move since the start of the year and will now be putting into motion well laid plans. I believe there has been talk, from within the club, of new players / contingencies being in place for weeks, should we find ourselves in this very position. Remember, as fans we only see a fraction of the tip of the Iceberg with regards to the all the work that goes on behind the scenes by the management team. I get the feeling that Hecky is actually exceptionally professional and astute when it comes to the off field side of the business. He will have plans A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H all figured out.
I believe your post is a wet dream

I believe your post is a wet dream

I'm not saying that the board are doing a faultless job. I do think, however, that Hecky and his team are across all eventualities. As much as they won't like it, they 100% will have players in mind / lined up to replace Illy, Berg, Egan and Anel and probably every other player who'd be a starting 11, should we get our pants pulled down.

No, it lowers it. Substantially. I mean if we spend it on the magical theoretical Messi 2.0 who is somehow available for peanuts and somehow been missed by the dozens and dozens of clubs with actual scouting infrastructure that can outspend us, then maybe it gets closer to a break even transaction, but we all know that player doesn't exist

Only time will tell whether he has made the right choice.

I can already see one hypothetical potential. Ndiaye goes to Marseille and becomes their best player. After one or two seasons he is sold to a Champions League big hitter and our fans immediately go on the attack

"See, it had nothing to do with wanting to play for his boyhood club. He left us for the money just he's leaving them too. I hope he rots and his career goes downhill. Greedy so and so."

You say he'll be playing against the likes of La Havre. The idea of playing against Luton, Forest, Fulham, Burnley and Bournemouth must really wet his appetite. What a poor argument. Every league has crap teams.
burnley won the league title when i was at school forest have won the league 2 european cups and 2 league cups
Fulham got to a european final , 3 of your weak 5 have done miles better than weve seen

know your history , and level of clubs

look at the attendances in ligue 1 only 3 get 30k plus
9de8a454691cd8889808b705891887d8.jpg
12 get less than 20k 5 under 10000

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom