The fight we showed in the 2nd half

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hard work being right all the time isnt it Silent Blade

For the record I thought West Ham just coasted 2nd half and just saw out the game. It was a comfortable 2-0 win. It was not about them not trying but they changed lots of key players and just sat in a solidn shape and did what they had to. We had one proper effort all game. We never looked like coming back. The BBC report says as much.

We did our best but it was not good enough by a long way as we are mismatched at this level. I'm not sure it's as simple as whether the players are giving up/not giving up. They are just not at the level required on the evidence so far.

It's not about quitting - but being realistic. The top league was nowhere near the standard it is now for power, athleticism and skill back in 1990-91 in my opinion so hard to compare - there were some really ordinary sides back then and now a days each team is packed full of talent/deeper squads. That season we went on a big unbeaten run post Xmas and soared up the league. That is not going to happen this time.

We lost a pile of games in our relegation season by a 1 goal margin.

It had nothing to do with us being in games and everything to do with teams realising the game was won and they were better off conserving energy and just seeing it out. Same happened Saturday. We were never in the West Ham game and any perceived improvement was down to the home side taking their foot off the gas.

I was complimentary of our efforts in the first 5 games. But since we threw the points away at Tottenham we've not laid a glove on anyone.
The Guardian reporter summised it well.

Just watched the game and i also think we were poor sadly. West Ham found that such an easy game. There was definitely an improvement when Slimane, Davies, Brewster and trusty came on but at that point west ham were just seeing out the game.

We are just not good enough for this level of football at the moment sadly. Its not just 1 or 2 things but a handful. Very poor in possession, not particularly technically gifted, defensively fragile, not winning the 2nd balls, no real pace, no real strength, no obvious style of play, limited creativity, little goal threat, little aggression. We really are in a bad way.

Apart from mcburnie and wes i’m struggling to see any consistent quality for this level.

Hard work being right all the time isnt it Silent Blade

It's not about quitting - but being realistic. The top league was nowhere near the standard it is now for power, athleticism and skill back in 1990-91 in my opinion so hard to compare - there were some really ordinary sides back then and now a days each team is packed full of talent/deeper squads. That season we went on a big unbeaten run post Xmas and soared up the league. That is not going to happen this time.
Last night I was talking to someone about sir Alex Ferguson Vs Pep in terms of dominating the league. When Manchester United got going in the 90s most sides were pretty much all British bar one or two overseas players. The standard has increased incredibly since then so it's impossible to compare either manager. There's still the occasional freak run like Leicester but they are few and far between.

Agree. Brewster and McBurnie upfront might score goals. Davies brought running and energy to the midfield. And I'd like to see more of Slimane. Souza then either McAtee or Hamer in midfield but not both.

For Fulham
Wes

Bogle/Baldock
Trusty
Anel
JLT

Davies
Slimane
Souza
McAtee

Oli
Brewster

I'd dispense with the three centre backs. It doesn't make us more solid. It seems to mean we are continually on the back foot.
know a lot on here wont here of us playing a back 4 because it hasnt worked in the past but surely weve nothing to lose by trying it again but this time pack midfield and play souza and davies as protectors were just inviting teams on to us playing a 3 and being 1 short in midfield

Last night I was talking to someone about sir Alex Ferguson Vs Pep in terms of dominating the league. When Manchester United got going in the 90s most sides were pretty much all British bar one or two overseas players. The standard has increased incredibly since then so it's impossible to compare either manager. There's still the occasional freak run like Leicester but they are few and far between.

What are you on about? Amatch in November 1990 has every bearing on this season. 🤔

I recall that in 1990/91 season the supporters remained 100% behind Bassett.

I saw last night that Forest were bottom of the Premier league last October and gave Cooper a new contract. I am sure the Forest fans kept their faith in Cooper.

Now we see a 'new Blade' syndrome, who feels entitled. Almost like our 'massive' neighbours.

Sad to think that Forest fans have more about them than we have.

Back
Top Bottom