The Dickhead so called "fans" are at it again then.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You've only got to walk behind the kop at half time to see some of the pond life we attract as a club. It's very disappointing.

and you've only got to look at the number who trot in 10 minutes after kick off, trot out 10 minutes before half time (even after we have just scored) and not even looking at the pitch as they go, to see how many come to games who aren't really interested in the football.

They should ID the person give him six months for common assault, and then ban him for life from all football games.

but as for punishing the club, what could they possibly do to prevent it, stop people taking money into the match?

As its us though I have no doubt the FA, who hate us, will come down hard on the club.

It's a cliche and incorrect to say that these kind of people "aren't fans". Most of them are. It's possible to be a dickhead and a big Blades fan too.

Agreed, not condoning what happened but if he's turned up for the poxy JPT must be a fairly keen Blades fan. Dito those at Vale last Saturday.

Highly likely that the person responsible is another one of those who turns from normal everyday person into raving idiot with one sniff of the bar maids apron

I'd have a hard time believing the purple-faced bloke in front of me at Gillingham screaming death threats at the family of our young - and lifelong Blade - keeper was a fan of the club. ... It's like buying a cat so you can kick it after a bad day at work and calling yourself an animal lover.

I do like that :)

Well, I think there's a few blurred lines here, firstly there's nothing connecting football to anybody who wants to throw suff at another human being because he's upset with them, that goalie was doing a job, earning a living, he doesn't need his head splitting open...

Secondly, I totally agree that you should be able to have a rant and get things off your chest at the match, be passionate, support, have a moan if you will because that's what football is for many, it's an outlet for your frustrations when we're losing, and a outlet for your joy when we're winning..

Anybody throwing coins at the players or anybody else for that matter, just don't come please, normal people don't want you near them...

Not in any way making excuses but I've been kicked/spat at/punched in front of the filth & stewards & the only action was to warn me. I'm sure others have experienced similar. The FA can fine a club but how will it stop when some numpty can do anything on spur of the moment?

While it's obviously impossible to condone this behaviour, we've hardly got a monopoly of idiot fans. This country is filling up with dickheads rapidly.

I read a letter in the paper this morning where, at the England v Wales rugger match, a friend was helping his elderly, wheelchair-bound friend. Leaving the ground, he accidently clipped a bloke on the back of the ankle with the wheelchair. This bloke turned round and punched the wheel-chair-pusher in the face. Other fans nabbed this cunt and handed him over to the police and he was arrested.

He was let off with a caution because 'he apologised and promised not to do it again.' :rolleyes:
The it been at football the twat would have been sentenced to three months and been given a banning order.

What happened to toilet rolls ,did that become a health and safety tissue ?
In my younger days, after we'd trashed the football special the toilet rolls went out of the windows. They made great streamers especially if the sparks from the engine caught them.

Reactions: Dkc
I blame admission prices. If they were higher, people wouldn't be able to afford to lob their loose change away. Conversely, if they were much lower, the dickheads would be reduced to making paper airplanes out of fivers and tenners and launching them. Doesn't hurt as much as a coin and would be much more warmly received by goalies.
especially if hans segars was playing :rolleyes:

Secondly, I totally agree that you should be able to have a rant and get things off your chest at the match, be passionate, support, have a moan if you will because that's what football is for many, it's an outlet for your frustrations when we're losing, and a outlet for your joy when we're winning..

I totally disagree. I spend all week working. Match day is my leisure and pleasure time. I want to be entertained, enjoy the day, and support my team for 90 minutes. I don't want the day spoiled by some drunken saliva-spitting, eye-bulging, vein-throbbing, single-celled Neanderthal lout "letting out his frustrations" and exercising his "right to rant" in the next row. The rant is always vile and targeted abuse at players and the manager. It is invariably ill-informed, uneducated drivel. It is delivered without any thought for the discomfort or disagreement of anyone else in the vicinity. It starts from the first seconds of the game and continues relentlessly. It's one of the reasons I very rarely go to away games these days. You think the rest of us should pay the price for some ignorant, brainless twat having an unfulfilled existence?

I totally disagree. I spend all week working. Match day is my leisure and pleasure time. I want to be entertained, enjoy the day, and support my team for 90 minutes. I don't want the day spoiled by some drunken saliva-spitting, eye-bulging, vein-throbbing, single-celled Neanderthal lout "letting out his frustrations" and exercising his "right to rant" in the next row. The rant is always vile and targeted abuse at players and the manager. It is invariably ill-informed, uneducated drivel. It is delivered without any thought for the discomfort or disagreement of anyone else in the vicinity. It starts from the first seconds of the game and continues relentlessly. It's one of the reasons I very rarely go to away games these days. You think the rest of us should pay the price for some ignorant, brainless twat having an unfulfilled existence?

Agree with lots of this - especially the lack of consideration of others, and the part about personal fulfilment - but just want to say (again) that I don't think it's about intelligence or education.

Intelligence is not compassion.

I bet it curdles your flask of Chicken Soup ...................... :rolleyes:

Agree with lots of this - especially the lack of consideration of others, and the part about personal fulfilment - but just want to say (again) that I don't think it's about intelligence or education.

Intelligence is not compassion.

You can advance that cliche as much as you like. We disagree. The notion that you seem to harbour that intelligence is pretty much an irrelevance to...well...everything is a novel one and self-evidently holds less water than a thimble with a hole in the bottom. It perhaps explains your tolerance of barely literate use of the English language?

I would introduce an intelligence test as a condition for admission to football matches.

Intelligence doesn't make you a good or a bad person.

It just makes you an intelligent person.

And even then the *type* of intelligence is generally extremely narrowly defined, and in many ways this type of intelligence just makes you a stupid (eg narrow-minded, self-centred, unimaginative, hidebound, regressive, even narcissistic) person.

In my experience intelligence tends to be vastly overrated by some intelligent people perhaps, topically, as a means to self fulfilment.

I prefer differently literate :) - a prescriptivist is just a descriptivist with an ego and all that.

To coin another cliche: Intelligence makes you stupid. :)

UTMB

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheff...ts-of-second-coin-throwing-incident-1-7506212

The club has issued a statement saying that they are working with South Yorkshire Police and ask any witnesses to come forward as well as they look to dish out lifetime bans, and rightly so!

Apparently some complete tool launched a coin at the Notts County keeper, this is the second time it has happened as somebody dickhead did the same thing at the Colchester game as reported on here. Add this to the flare incidents that we have already had this season and it doesn't look too good does it.

If I remember correctly the F.A got involved last season did they not and the club were issued a stern warning to get involved and knock it on the head before we get punished for failing to control our fans? Can't imagine they will be slow to react to this lot now if this is the case.

I have said it a few times and I will say it again. These *pondlife dickheads* aren't supporters of the club. What sort of spacker stands throwing coins? I mean the setting off flares is bad enough anyway but come on what kick do they get out of lobbing coins at a goalkeeper?. If I saw you do it I would get hold of you myself and let the old bill know what you have done because I don't want to be tarred with the same brush as nobheads like you! I love my club with a passion and I love football as a whole and I don't want arseholes like you soiling our name and ruining it for the rest of us. You are not fans of Sheffield United Football Club, you are mindless cretins who obviously don't have more than a couple of brain bells bashing around! Stay awake from our club!

Rant over!

The coin thrower was an idiot for chucking away our transfer funds.

You can advance that cliche as much as you like. We disagree. The notion that you seem to harbour that intelligence is pretty much an irrelevance to...well...everything is a novel one and self-evidently holds less water than a thimble with a hole in the bottom. It perhaps explains your tolerance of barely literate use of the English language?

I would introduce an intelligence test as a condition for admission to football matches.

We'll be playing

then.

This!
Exactly this!
Well said Pinchy.

Intelligence doesn't make you a good or a bad person.

It just makes you an intelligent person.

And even then the *type* of intelligence is generally extremely narrowly defined, and in many ways this type of intelligence just makes you a stupid (eg narrow-minded, self-centred, unimaginative, hidebound, regressive, even narcissistic) person.

In my experience intelligence tends to be vastly overrated by some intelligent people perhaps, topically, as a means to self fulfilment.

I prefer differently literate :) - a prescriptivist is just a descriptivist with an ego and all that.

To coin another cliche: Intelligence makes you stupid. :)

UTMB

You are obviously a very bright person (which is why I'm happy to engage with you) but occasionally venture down blind alleys. However, I regret to say you have also taken to using lazy and ugly text speak such as atm, bc and other such inarticulate and inelegant nonsense. It may be acceptable in texting (though I don't allow myself to stoop that low) but not when your writing is intended for a wider readership. At that point, it becomes discourteous and disrespectful. I am just about prepared to tolerate it from those who can't write In proper English, but to choose not to do so is unforgivable. Apart from anything else, it is contrary to forum rules. Please stop it. I would be genuinely sorry to stop reading your otherwise worthwhile contributions for such a reason, but you may leave me with no alternative.

Back
Top Bottom