Thank You Paul

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He leaves with my thanks and respect. Did an amazing job in difficult circumstances, and in many ways saved the club from financial armageddon.

It's all gone spectacularly tits up this season of course and his record with injuries has been appalling throughout his tenure, but we'll probably never really know how directly responsible he was for that.

Thanks Paul, you're a good un and will get another gig soon.

Good luck to him
Have McCall, Lester, & Hudson gone with him?

it was inevitable but i was sad this it came to this 12hrs ago. this like nan in hospital. doctors gathers everyone to say goodbye & you find out shes still alive 12 hrs later

but he took us from relegation battle under slav. to being a forest wonder save from an immediate return. & then dealing aftermath of forest thugs, all the off the field distractions. got us up with a club record pts total for the 2nd tier & a fa cup semi. he will always be loved for me.

Full respect to Hecky who came in and turned Wilder's last season into something slightly respectable. Did the same again after Slav failed it really was a miracle that we got so close in the play off's. Promoted in his first full season in charge despite all the troubles of no money and a transfer embargo. Utterly shafted by the Prince in the summer again no real money to spend by Premier league standards and the clubs best two players sold days before the season starts. Deserved so much more than the Prince cosying up to Wilder behind his back, The shabby way this club has treated Hecky makes me feel sick. At least Hecky isn't a quitter like Wilder. Wilder can fuck off for me the fucking 🐍

Thanks Paul, under different circumstances it might have worked out much much better. But we simply couldn’t take the serial humiliation anymore…something had to give. You’ll always be in select group of managers that took us up to the Premier league.
Good look in what you do next.

im not sure if hecky could have had us competing if he had been given a greater than pathetic budget but he deserves great credit for the way he conducted himself last season in the midst of a shit storm not many managers could have held the group together the way he did

Thanks Paul for helping the Prince fund "united world" and totally shaft the good supporters
of the wizards of Sheffield S2. Although you were found a tad tactically lacking by not having a
plan A, B and C this season it is wrong that you've had the might of the footy journos baying for
your sacking ever since the humiliating 0 - 8 thrashing by Newcastle. I feel for you for the
Tottenham & Man City results this term but you have certainly lost the dressing room as the
players have shut up shop and gone into Lundstrum mode. I hope Prince will line your pockets
with silver for being the fall guy, having first steadied the ship after Wilder left via the back
door then steadied it once again when Slav walked away. ...,all because Princy wanted the TV
money to buy more teams rather than invest in the team that gave him the money in the first
place. If by the time I've finished this post and your still in charge then please resign as you're
making This old man ill.

Wetwam

ps gud luck in Scotland or Rovram

On the BBC football website there's an article 'Heckingbottom set to face the sack'. There are over 1200 comments. Many are criticising the BBC for publishing an article before the event. But the vast, vast majority are supporting Hecky, stating that he's been sold down the river by the owners. These comments are from 'football fans' who are showing more respect and understanding than many posters on this site.

When Hecky refers to 'walking out with his head held high' I wonder if he is mainly referring to his efforts in securing the club financially.

The Prince owes him big time.

For all those giving little respect to the guy try and imagine where we'd be if he hadn't secured promotion. The city would not have been ours.

For those with the stupid argument that he didn't get us promotion but it was down to Ndiaye. Be consistent. So this season's failure is down to Hecky but last years success is down to one player.

When all the dust settles I would love to hear Hecky's side. But maybe in 2023 the freedom of speech is no longer encouraged in S2.

Good luck to him
Have McCall, Lester, & Hudson gone with him?

McCall (sadly) and Hudson (thank god) have. Lester is staying by the looks of it.

Cheers Paul , thanks for everything, you will walk into another job now , I just wonder where we would have been if illy had stopped, I think you would still be the manager !
All the best mate .

Thank you Paul for all you have done.
A lot of people are saying that if it wasn't for ndiaye we wouldn't have got promoted last year, but they have to remember who gave ndiaye his chance In the first team and who nurtured him into the talent he became, would wilder have brought the young uns through like hecky did? I have my doubts, wilder will also be able to use the talents of jebberson, rnd, osula and others who have been helped massively in their development by Paul.
Thank you again Paul

He did a great job all in all. Last season we wernt brilliant but got over the line in difficult circumstances (we have to actually accept PA had the balls to not sell IN and SB in Jan also had a huge factor) and got given an almost impossible job this year. Unfortunately, in football being a nice bloke doesnt get you to the top and the loyalty to certain players (who may i add have let him down massively) is the reason we are the worst team in the league. We can blame budgets but he decided how to spend it, there were free signings out there we decided to ignore for some very poor choices.

Remind me of his last season with us
Never lost by 8 goals let alone 5, but hey every player and manager is only judged on a game by game basis.
The history books however don't show such bias.

Massive thank you to Hecky, dealt a bad hand and didn't moan, just did his best. All we can ask.

Both my daughters wear their Heckingbottom's Army (from Wembley) scarfs proudly and I couldn't ask for more than that.

I hope the players take a hard look at themselves as I don't feel they have been giving their best, hope a new manager can bring that out of them.

Never lost by 8 goals let alone 5, but hey every player and manager is only judged on a game by game basis.
The history books however don't show such bias.

History also shows he was fucking shit in his last year with us and walked out the back door.

He was that bad that hecky got more points than him when he walked, the same hecky whose team just lost 8-0 5-0....

Also what did he manage after us.

If he wasn't shit he wouldn't be out on his arse would he, someone would have employed him.

Hope he proves me fucking wrong but I'm sorry if I can't see it happening.

History also shows he was fucking shit in his last year with us and walked out the back door.

He was that bad that hecky got more points than him when he walked, the same hecky whose team just lost 8-0 5-0....

Also what did he manage after us.

If he wasn't shit he wouldn't be out on his arse would he, someone would have employed him.

Hope he proves me fucking wrong but I'm sorry if I can't see it happening.
Word for word 👍

Back
Top Bottom