Team vs Everton?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sadly that line up is the best we can hope for.

Ball retention and quality will still be a huge problem while defensively weak down the left side.
Hecky has been done, and it won’t be long before he’s taking the rap for some disgraceful decision making and recruitment at board level.
Hamer and Archer bought with money from sales….the rest of them haven’t improved the squad from last season.

I agree it will probably be that side. The only change we might make is would he play Bogle at left back now that he has gained some fitness and have Larouci on the bench ?

The two that Everton will have upfront will do a similar job on us that Edouard and Ayew did on us for Palace,they will just probe and probe and wait for the inevitable mistake from within the defence.

We need everyone picked to play to be on their A game.

Anything from last night to suggest that Trusty may be challenging Robinson anytime soon?

I'm assuming the new lad hasn't played much this season or in pre-season and won't play.

lineup11-tactic (1).png

Anything from last night to suggest that Trusty may be challenging Robinson anytime soon?
The only other option is to put Jack central if Egan has another calamitous 'mare, and put Trusty left centre in Jack's place. Unfortunately for Trusty, he's got to dislogde Jack who's been pretty solid and consistent so far, which is a good thing. Jack's gone from being a walking calamity and red card in waiting, to one of our lost solid and reliable players and I'm pleased for the lad.

Davies against his former club is something I would look forward to ...off the bench?
It was strange that Davies was not on the bench last night. I get it he's had no pre-season but surely he was fit enough to play some part night

The only other option is to put Jack central if Egan has another calamitous 'mare, and put Trusty left centre in Jack's place. Unfortunately for Trusty, he's got to dislodge Jack who's been pretty solid and consistent so far, which is a good thing. Jack's gone from being a walking calamity and red card in waiting, to one of our lost solid and reliable players and I'm pleased for the lad.
I honestly don't think Robinson is droppable at the moment, he's a solid defender and more importantly he can take a long throw in, one of our few attacking threats. Imo he should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

The only other option is to put Jack central if Egan has another calamitous 'mare, and put Trusty left centre in Jack's place. Unfortunately for Trusty, he's got to dislogde Jack who's been pretty solid and consistent so far, which is a good thing. Jack's gone from being a walking calamity and red card in waiting, to one of our lost solid and reliable players and I'm pleased for the lad.

Funny isn't it because i see it completely differently, (which is why we all have opinions).

For me calamity Robbo is alive and well. 4 of the 5 goals conceded have been from the left hand side and whilst Lowe & Larouci haven't covered themselves in glory Robbo is certainly not blameless, especially for the goal v Palace, the second v Forest, (where he did some sort of strange swan dive!) and City's first at the weekend for a feeble clearance attempt.

Personally if Egan has a brain fart it is more to do with panicking over Robbo and the left hand side not being reliable than anything else.

I hope they haven't got any decent players down the right hand side if Larouci plays.

From what I saw of slimane preseason, I thought he looked good, was he injured? Reckon he might add something off the bench this weekend if available.

Nope. Looks like we've just signed 5m worth of generic centre back with no particular strengths. He looks like one of a number of our signings who needs something of a physical transformation. He needs more muscle, at least

Wes
Anel Egan Robinson
Baldock Hamer Souza Thomas
Traore
McBurnie Archer

And let's waste no time getting McAtee on the pitch if he signs. Same goes for anyone else we bring in who is ready

From what I saw of slimane preseason, I thought he looked good, was he injured? Reckon he might add something off the bench this weekend if available.
He had a minor injury, now fit & back in contention but needing minutes. I expect to see him on the bench on Saturday.

Starting Baldock on the left with Bogle on the right is a good shout. Maybe on 65mins subbing Bogle off for Luke Thomas and Baldock reverting to the right.

Back
Top Bottom