Team Vs Doncaster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Coutts-basham-Hammond-woolford

that has to be the least threatening midfield four I think I've ever seen as a blade. We'd have more of a goal threat with monty in there :eek:

Adkins has to change it if he has any hopes of us getting in the playoffs.

that has to be the least threatening midfield four I think I've ever seen as a blade. We'd have more of a goal threat with monty in there :eek:

And 3 out of 4 are under contract next year, and the other is Adkins' special buddy.

We are in for another year of this yet.

Gotta change things around and we have to start, in my opinion, getting more creative and mobile players in there:

4-2-3-1

-------------Long-----------

Brayford Edgar McEv Harris

-----Hammond--Bash-----

Cuvelier--Scougall--Adams

--------------Sharp-----------

as others have written there aren't two players at the club that can make an effective 2 man centre midfield and the centre backs aren't good enough to cope without extra protection. With the players he's got, every team suggested so far has weaknesses and until re-enforcements arrive that will always be the case. FWIW my team would be

Long

Brayfrod - edgar - Basham - Harris
Coutts Hammond
JCR Done Cuvellier
Sharp

howard, Flynn, DCL, Reed, Adams, McEv, Collins

K wallace, Scougall perhaps a bit unlucky to miss out

No point in signing anyone for another 2 weeks but desperately need a strong CB and a mobile midfielder who can get beyond the forwards when the opportunity arises.

Don't think you'd get past Health and Safety with that.

Pretty sure you've got a duty of care to get the medical attention started within 10 minutes of the player being injured. If Hammond could do it with his "invisibility" cloak on we might get away with it.
I've just woke the street up laughing at this, quality, mate!

Laugh or you'll cry can't be any more apt for this bunch at the moment.

As if we weren't up against it enough already..... Mike Dean is referee today!

Is Cuvillier as good as we hope he is? Or is it a case of- the longer he's been away the better he was?
Something has to change in that midfield. No width, no crosses,no creativity, no presence and absolutely zero goal threat.

He also mentioned 'it's all about winning games' more than once so I'm not expecting any changes. Maybe DCL on the bench and the odd start for Adams but mainly grinding it out.

Grinding it out worked for a few games and teams adapt. Anymore grinding it out style teams and I will lose my patience with him next time I see him strolling through endcliffe

Nobody has got it right yet :)

Nobody has got it right yet :)

I have Foxy, I just haven't posted it. Pace, academy, no goals in 2 games, no over emphasis on consistency (in his interview). The clues are all there! :)

Surely what ever else he does, Adkins HAS to drop Sharpy.

His work rate, commitment and determination are completely out of kilter with the rest of them.

We desperately need a consistent approach. All he does is make the rest of them look like twats. It's so unfair.

Think he will go similar to what started last week except Woolford may start instead of Baxter and Done instead of Sammon.

Probably look to play a similar style too unfortunately for those going.

---------------------Long
Brayford - Edgar - Collins - K. Wallace
------------------Hammond
Coutts----------------------------------Done
--------------Baxter------Adams
---------------------Sharp
With respect, that team would get hammered. Mind you most of the others would lose. New midfield desperately needed.

Go on then, if we are to change things up, I'll go crazy..

Long

Brayford - Edgar - Basham - McEv

Cuvelier-Coutts-Hammond-Adams

Sharp-DCL

Very unlikely...but summat to think on..

I think he might go with

Long
Brayford Edgar Collins McEveley
Coutts Hammond Basham Adams
Done Sharp

No idea really though.

I prefer managing u9s, giving everyone a game and keeping the parents happy.

I think he might go with

Long
Brayford Edgar Collins McEveley
Coutts Hammond Basham Adams
Done Sharp

No idea really though.

I prefer managing u9s, giving everyone a game and keeping the parents happy.

He's done that..

I envisage one honest hard working professional in goal, four honest hard working professionals at the back, four honest hard working professionals in midfield and two honest hard working professionals up front.

I also think they'll be United together with everyone else working hard behind the scenes while the game is going on. We don't need anyone else, they're no better than what we've got.

There is a real spirit about your post mate

Does anyone actually think we can still make the play offs? Surely only a miracle can do this now? I just don't see any way we can, unless we win every game from now to the end of the season....

Can someone explain to me the diamond?
Are any of the players out wide actually expected to play as wingers?

Can someone explain to me the diamond?
Are any of the players out wide actually expected to play as wingers?

Good breakdown here. Can't post the content from my phone. Like a lot of modern football it requires flexibility, awareness, and decision making.

It doesn't read a lot like we play - especially all the stuff about athleticism but it gives some sense of that type of formation.

We often play asymmetrically with the Beard pushing on but McEveley staying back, unless we're behind.

One thing that was really noticeable to me earlier in the season (not necessarily in a diamond) was how often a wide left player would move over into an inside right position. Another indication that players play multiple roles, and one reason why eg McNulty needs to develop his all round game if he wants to advance.

Football has evolved a lot in the last ten or fifteen years. I used to understand it. Now I stick to simple stuff like General Relativity.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...balls-in-vogue-formation-the-midfield-diamond

That's a good read, I might be old fashioned screaming out for wingers but as soon as I saw the term "wing-lame" I knew the diamond wasn't for me.
That said you've got to play to you're strengths and we aren't really over run with out and out wingers.

We have one good one. Adkins won't play him.

I just don't think we have the personnel to go with a 442. I would try giving 532 a go (or 352 whatever) with either Brayford/Flynn and Woolford/Wallace/Harris as wing backs. Coutts and Basham in the centre and either Scougall/Baxter just in front, Sharp with either Done/Adams up front. Time to try something different i reckon.

Back
Top Bottom