Team spirit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Harris would have done what Bassett, Beck et al, couldn't. Adapt. That's why they all became extinct many many years ago. You are arguing up a very steep slope here, Hercules...

View attachment 20029

Which of these attempts at Harris adapting did you enjoy more in 1971-2?

The 5-0 beating at home to Arsenal?

The 4-0 beating at home to Derby?

The gutless 5-1 surrender to Palace?

Or the 5-0 beating at West Ham in the League Cup?

Whilst I was gutted at the outcomes of all the games you mention,I was entranced by the quality of football and the flair on show at our games in that era.
Fast forward to DB and I was swept along on the irresistable tide of collectivity and the bond between players and fans.
Different strokes. Different times. Both priceless.

Harris would have done what Bassett, Beck et al, couldn't. Adapt. That's why they all became extinct many many years ago. You are arguing up a very steep slope here, Hercules...

View attachment 20029
I loved Harris for obvious reasons , but football was way different then, pre money , before we sold birchenall jones and currie we were as good as any on our day, but Leeds for instance got the financial clout to move forward when we with our scrooge and sons board trod water for a couple of years then started to sink after 74, once players started getting more than 150 quid a week we died a slow death

what Bassett achieved with plasters and stick back plastic funding was nothing short of miraculous , and stands up to scrutiny , in a much changed unlevel playing field

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom