Team for tomorrow

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tynemouth Blade

International Pan Fighting Judge at the EU
Reaction score
so assuming that (injuries or not) Cloughie will again 'tinker' with the team again tomorrow, what do you think the starting line up will be?
Porter or Higdon?
Wallace?
McGinn?
Reed to start?
Diego????

Hopefully Doyle & Wallace in central mid with Reed on the bench assuming that Scougall starts in front of them.

Diego is nowhere near the first team - currently 5th choice striker, soon to be 6th.

Assuming no further injuries, Doyle for McGinn, Scougall for Reed. The only other change maybe at left-back, but Harris may stay in the team.

Clough might shake up the bench a bit!

Need to win this one but it won't be easy, they are on reasonable form, undefeated in 3 and we haven't beaten them at Bramall Lane in the last 5 attempts, 4 draws and a 2-1 reverse last season. They are going to park the bus and they have pace in attack, keep the faith Blades. If we score early we'll be fine the longer it goes ......

Beleagured by dreams of scorpions last night, huge ones. Woke up at 2-30 and started ti pick the team by way of distraction. Cncluded that I'd rather have Porter up front so:

Howard
Alcock, Collins, Mc Gahey Hmm ..McEveley

Davies, Doyle, Wallace,Scougall Murphy
Porter

But I really want to play Flynn, then I dozed off, scorpions everywhere......

Beleagured by dreams of scorpions last night, huge ones. Woke up at 2-30 and started ti pick the team by way of distraction. Cncluded that I'd rather have Porter up front so:

Howard
Alcock, Collins, Mc Gahey Hmm ..McEveley

Davies, Doyle, Wallace,Scougall Murphy
Porter

But I really want to play Flynn, then I dozed off, scorpions everywhere......
Yes,I wouldn't mind Flynn given a start,but happy with Davies.I think a similar team to that with maybe Harris in at LB,and Mcnulty up front...I fancy this kid to come good with a run in the team.We could do with Murphy hitting a bit of form aswell.
Remember last season they mugged us off a bit,they were a big physical side..Coady McDonald always seems to score,or cause a few problems,and was it Peter Taylor's first game in charge?

Can't leave Davies out. He's been our player of the season so far.
I'd leave the attacking wingers in there and play him in Central midfield with Wallace and Scougall.

My Team (assuming Baxter and JCR are still unfit):-

Howard
Alcock Collins McEvley Harris
...Davies Wallace Scougall
Flynn.........................Murphy
..............Higdon.....................

Subs:- Turner, McGahey, Doyle, Reed, De Girolamo, McNulty, Porter

I've not been at the games and others have, but the idea of playing with Porter by choice as first-choice striker two months into the season is scarey.

Imagine what that selection would say about Higdon's form, and do to his confidence.

From what I've been reading, they're going to come and pack the midfield and basically tell us to break them down.

With our style of sitting back, I don't this game is going to be easy on the eye. WIth the way it usually goes against Gillingham at The Lane I'd take a scrappy 1-0 every day of the week. Is it six unbeaten here for them?

Need to win this one but it won't be easy, they are on reasonable form, undefeated in 3 and we haven't beaten them at Bramall Lane in the last 5 attempts, 4 draws and a 2-1 reverse last season. They are going to park the bus and they have pace in attack, keep the faith Blades. If we score early we'll be fine the longer it goes ......

Very much agree with the scoring early. We did that on Tuesday, and it worked out well for us. All the games I've seen this season, Blades have been lethargic until they score, then light up. An early goal will set us up for a big win. Higdon needs to start, he'll be buzzing after that crucial goal on Tuesday and will want to prove himself at the Lane. I'd really like to see us ping someone 3/4-0, but this might be a few weeks early for that. Once Baxter and JCR return to the squad we'll see an improvement.

Take it JCR and Baxter are defo out injured tomorrow.

I'd go

Howard

Alcock - McGahey - Collins - McEveley

Flynn - Davies - Doyle - Wallace - Murphy
Scougal
(no out-and-out striker)

We have no decent strikers, why bother with 'um when we play better without them. If Baxter was fit he'd be in for Scougal, Scougal back to where Davies is, Davies to right back. If JCR is fit he's in for Flynn.

Think Flynn seems to be chomping at the bit recently so expecting him to start tomorrow.

Take it JCR and Baxter are defo out injured tomorrow.

I'd go

Howard

Flynn - Davies - Doyle - Wallace - Murphy
Scougal
(no out-and-out striker)
While I don't mind your team, I do mind where you placed them, it just didn't look right to me. :p - no disrespect mate!
So I've reorganized it for you, for a laugh.
Murphy can play the front man, with Scougal behind, Davis is a wing player not a central player and Flynn can play the left wing.
So....
Howard

Davies - Doyle - Wallace - Flynn

Scougal

Murphy

:cool:

Oh great another right back ,that should smash the goals for column into oblivion

wasn't it freeman's wage demands that scuppered his transfer to us in the summer ( and cost us the loan for Mason Bennett cos umbrella man saw his bum) ? Unless he's lowered his demands I doubt its freeman.

wasn't it freeman's wage demands that scuppered his transfer to us in the summer ( and cost us the loan for Mason Bennett cos umbrella man saw his bum) ? Unless he's lowered his demands I doubt its freeman.
I think it became an issue of principles. Apparently a deal was agreed with Freeman, so he got invited up to sign. In the meantime Harry was sold and when freeman got to shirecliffe, his wages demands had increased. So no I doubt freeman will be back.

As for the team

Howard

Alcock McGahey Collins Harris
Doyle
Flynn Wallace McGinn Murphy
Higdon

Feel with our style of play we need pace down the wing so Davies can't play there. Would go:

Howard
Alcock McGahey Collins McEveley
Doyle Davies
Flynn Scougall Murphy
McNulty

Back
Top Bottom