Surely we're due a break???

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Palace Play-Off final is the one final I thought we should have won. That ginger twats goal was a complete fluke.
The wolves play off final is the only one I expected to win, and we didn't even turn up!

A typical play off in recent years involves us having forwards that are crocked/sent off/jailed/on loan at Wigan* etc. One the whole this season is not following the usual script, but there is time for some if not all of the above to still happen for those believing in the football gods.

* OK not a play off game but you get the drift......

Disagree. I was sat right behind the trajectory of the ball and it was completely intentional. The most boring PO final ever. Sunderland/Charlton the year after was a bit more entertaining...
I have to agree, I was right behind Hopkins when he hit it, he knew what he was doing, I was at the end of a row, and I got up and started to walk out, before it hit the back of the net. I just knew it was going in. It was the most boring PO final ever.

I have to agree, I was right behind Hopkins when he hit it, he knew what he was doing, I was at the end of a row, and I got up and started to walk out, before it hit the back of the net. I just knew it was going in. It was the most boring PO final ever.
I had relaxed thinking we were going into extra time, when wallop!

As soon as Simonson's foot made contact, I was up, turning round and saying to my wife and granddaughter, "Let's go."

I don't think I recall it clearing the bar.

pommpey

A typical play off in recent years involves us having forwards that are crocked/sent off/jailed/on loan at Wigan* etc. One the whole this season is not following the usual script, but there is time for some if not all of the above to still happen for those believing in the football gods.

* OK not a play off game but you get the drift......

We are conspiring against ourselves this season through average performances and barely any centre backs. No off the field matters to distract us apart from the brief Ched returning nonsense.

We can't pin the blame on anyone but Clough and the players if we don't go up via the Play Offs this season.

Disagree. I was sat right behind the trajectory of the ball and it was completely intentional. The most boring PO final ever. Sunderland/Charlton the year after was a bit more entertaining...

Intentional possibly but not many footballers actually expect to score from that angle and distance. He just tried his luck and his luck was in that day.

Intentional possibly but not many footballers actually expect to score from that angle and distance. He just tried his luck and his luck was in that day.

I don't think he expected to score but it was an absolutely brilliant shot. What I didn't realise until today was just how defensive we were: all 10 outfield players are behind the ball when Hopkin hit it with 8 in the area. No surprise that Tracey didn't get anywhere near it - he'd not have seen it until too late. Clough would have been proud of those corner defending tactics.

Image not suitable for those of a nervous disposition:

Capture2.JPG

I don't think he expected to score but it was an absolutely brilliant shot. What I didn't realise until today was just how defensive we were: all 10 outfield players are behind the ball when Hopkin hit it with 8 in the area. No surprise that Tracey didn't get anywhere near it - he'd not have seen it until too late. Clough would have been proud of those corner defending tactics.

Image not suitable for those of a nervous disposition:

Tracey had a couple of players blocking his view.

Back
Top Bottom