SUFC Live

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't know why they just don't use the Rad sheff comentary, they use is it on the highlights clip they put on youtube after each game.

I complained and got a very quick ‘It’s the EFL’ reply. I also asked why they continue to charge for audio commentary, when more and more clubs appear to have it for free. Unsurprisingly, they completely ignored that bit.

I watched the Reading game, good to see Duffy, but, it was a little bit old school footballer comments - I thought Ellie Wilson was a level above - great insight, calm and composed - they should perhaps ask her to do the co-commentary too. Definitely bring her back to the studio more.
Kevin Gage does my head in!

And the guy doing the commentary just isn't very good either.

Reactions: HVR
We have had sound issues from well into last season. The sound volume is so low I have to turn my speakers up to 100% and even then it is quiet and you have to strain to hear the commentary at times, crowd noise is even lower and what noise you do hear sounds like a bumble bee in a jam jar. What with this and also vision issues this season it is a service that falls well short of being value for money. Even when they use RS commentary it is out of sync with the video I don't mind hearing Sarbs screaming and showing some passion but not before the ball has hit the net ffs.

I mute the live stream and put radio Sheffield on in the background, I'm usually a few minutes behind getting em both synced up but it's worth it in my opinion

Bert, for various reasons didn't go on Tuesday night, there was a Bert shaped space in his seat.

He watched on his Firestick and due to Kevin Gage and the lack of crowd noise he very quickly switched to the Reading stream.
Very good it was too, especially the very strong criticism of Lucas Joao.

I complained and asked for a refund. I got the standard "it's the EFL feed" response. I replied again saying that I know there's a problem, they know there's a problem, but they must feel it's within tolerance otherwise they'd have refunded me. No response.

Is Paul Walker the main commentator on Radio Sheff alongside Asaba? Whoever that is is brilliant, great energy, really enjoy listening to him
I’ve had to manage with audio commentary for the majority of the last 20 years. The commentators on Radio Sheffield are second to none. When you listen to some of the other regional commentators you realise how lucky you are. They understand that their audience cannot see where the ball is and describe accurately and accordingly. You would be amazed at how many don’t.

As I said on a previous thread, considering he has played so many games at a high level, I find Kevin Gage‘s observations naive at times. For instance declaring the match on Tuesday to be done and dusted after our second goal is one example. Two nil with nearly half of the match left is hardly ever a safe lead, thankfully this time it was, but I’ve lost count of the times I have heard him suggest that we are fancied to thump our opponents only for us to lose or draw.

Amazon do it best, no commentator and just crowd noise option should be available on every platform. Matches on Sky are always muted and Radio Sheffield audio is my preferred choice.

The problem seems like there are no ambient mics placed around the ground. The commentators disappear into a soundproofed booth, which nullifies any atmosphere reaching the commentator's mics and I'm not sure if they even watch the actual game or just the feed on a monitor. The radio commentators and the opposition's iFollow commentators are sat in the stand, amongst the crowd, so that's why the atmosphere is so good by comparison. SUTV need to sit their commentators in the stand and sling the Tandy microphones in the bin.

I mute the live stream and put radio Sheffield on in the background, I'm usually a few minutes behind getting em both synced up but it's worth it in my opinion
Good idea, I’m going to have a go at that next time I watch a match on sutv. The southern commentator really grates on me & neither him or the other one change tone / celebrate goals which I think is just weird for a club channel.

Also my (LG) TV screensaver comes on constantly when watching on the tv browser so have to keep moving the remote / changing volume, if anyone has any idea how to stop that - please let me know 😂

Good idea, I’m going to have a go at that next time I watch a match on sutv. The southern commentator really grates on me & neither him or the other one change tone / celebrate goals which I think is just weird for a club channel.

Also my (LG) TV screensaver comes on constantly when watching on the tv browser so have to keep moving the remote / changing volume, if anyone has any idea how to stop that - please let me know 😂
They'll be a setting to turn screensaver off in your TV settings menu probably

Just as bad are the co-commentators. Stop yelling during the match like a fan would. It's so amateurish it's untrue. Just put the mic down until you have some 'expert' analysis to contribute.

A few years ago I had to switch to the opposition's commentary because of some technical issues. At one point their co-commentator broke out chanting: Andy O'Brien, Andy O'Brien, Andy Andy Andy O'Brien!!

Reactions: Dkc
Kevin Gage does my head in!

And the guy doing the commentary just isn't very good either.

Must admit I'm not as bothered about commentators as most people.

Is it always the same guy doing the commentaries on SUTV? I've been impressed by his knowledge/preparation at U21/23/U18 level, also on the opposition players.

I thought it was much better today than in midweek. You could the crowd and enjoy the atmosphere. Also Duff was co-commentator and he didn't talk constantly and made some good observations. More enjoyable I thought although still not perfect. But better than Sky Red button.

Back
Top Bottom