SUFC Live

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

originaltrueblade

Reaction score
I have emailed the club asking what they are going to do about the lack of crowd atmosphere at all the games that have been televised since day one. The volume is turned down so low on the crowd that you can't even hear a roar when we score. I advised them that they are killing the atmosphere because the game should not be only visual. I told them the commentators are drowning out any tiny bits of crowd all the time. One particular commentator talks all the way through the game.
When we complain they say we are looking into it....well its called a fucking volume button..I told them that its getting worse reference the recent game I am told by ones that tuned in

Maybe if we all emailed them on the following emails addresses in addition to the online form (which one wonders ever gets looked at)
addrsese

[email protected]
[email protected]

If this fails and they have plenty of time before the Hull game to get this sorted everyone will look elsewhere for the atmosphere

Last edited:

I have emailed the club asking what they are going to do about the lack of crowd atmosphere at all the games that have been televised since day one. The volume is turned down so low on the crowd that you can't even hear a roar when we score. I advised them that they are killing the atmosphere because the game should not be only visual. I told them the commentators are drowning out any tiny bits of crowd all the time. One particular commentator talks all the way through the game.
When we complain they say we are looking into it....well its called a fucking volume button..I told them that its getting worse reference the recent game I am told by ones that tuned in

Maybe if we all emailed them on the following emails addresses in addition to the online form (which one wonders ever gets looked at)
addrsese

[email protected]
[email protected]

If this fails and they have plenty of time before the Hull game to get this sorted everyone will look elsewhere for the atmosphere
Absolutely. I had to have a whinge on Twitter during the Reading massacre. The little bit of crowd noise there was, seemed to be coming from underwater - worse than ever. Even the sound in the studio was awful, with Mark Duffy grunting and breathing.

Whoever does the sound for SUTV needs some actual training, or sadly, needs replacing.

Half ruins the match. And that's for every broadcast I see.

Absolutely. I had to have a whinge on Twitter during the Reading massacre. The little bit of crowd noise there was, seemed to be coming from underwater - worse than ever. Even the sound in the studio was awful, with Mark Duffy grunting and breathing.

Whoever does the sound for SUTV needs some actual training, or sadly, needs replacing.

Half ruins the match. And that's for every broadcast I see.
They have got back to me from one source saying its all EFL's fault ......grrrrrrr

Blades one bufferd a few times the other night , so i switched to Reading, was fine and you could hear the atmosphere as well.. defo better than SUFC
Did you have to sign up for that club to watch

It was abysmal and as someone said it was like a training game, it sounded like the vuvuzelas were back in the room, horrendous 😬😬😬

They have got back to me from one source saying its all EFL's fault ......grrrrrrr
Why's it only our club having the issues then? Lies.

And the EFL are responsible for poor use of faders in the studio?! Funny that, as very similar to faders being used badly for commentary and crowd noise...

The technical footage will be from a main EFL source I suspect. They'll be doing it on a budget with hardly any crowd mics etc

addrsese

[email protected]
[email protected]

Good luck getting a response from [email protected] 🤨

The technical footage will be from a main EFL source I suspect. They'll be doing it on a budget with hardly any crowd mics etc
I also watch the oppositions ifollow stream as i simply can't put up with our commentators red & white spectacles they watch the match through, also the EFL sound is far superior and listening to the oppo's commentators views on us is a laugh.

Just as bad are the co-commentators. Stop yelling during the match like a fan would. It's so amateurish it's untrue. Just put the mic down until you have some 'expert' analysis to contribute. And because the sound is always slightly out of sync with the video, they often yell out before it has actually gone in the net. Even worse.

Honestly, with the amount they charge it's very little wonder why so many find different streams online. If they provided a half-decent service for a good price then people would pay it. But they don't.

It does feel a bit like I'm listening to two guys watching it on gogglebox. They don't really get excited when we score but the lack of crowd noise doesn't help that.

The radio sheff commentary is miles ahead, I love watching the highlights when they use that commentary

I've noticed the atmosphere is somewhat quiet, but the funny thing is if you're able to watch the opposition club's broadcast of the same match, the crowd noise is quite a lot louder. That to me would indicate that it's got fuck all to do with the EFL and it's actually down to whoever sorts out the commentary part of the broadcast.

Blades one bufferd a few times the other night , so i switched to Reading, was fine and you could hear the atmosphere as well.. defo better than SUFC
So did i. In fact i have done this before. Always a better watch using the away Follow.

Is there anything stopping the club from using radio sheff commentary? It is miles better

Money would be the obvious answer, but commentary intended where you don't have sight of the pitch doesn't work as well as that specifically made for where you do

Put a reyt dampner on game. We're buzzing with performance but it were like watching a training game..
Like watching a game when Covid was forcing no crowds and we had fake crowd noise.

They posted this on Tuesday night

That doesnt explain the awful sound coming from the Commentators they are SUTV not EFL audio !

It does feel a bit like I'm listening to two guys watching it on gogglebox. They don't really get excited when we score but the lack of crowd noise doesn't help that.

The radio sheff commentary is miles ahead, I love watching the highlights when they use that commentary
I watched the Reading game, good to see Duffy, but, it was a little bit old school footballer comments - I thought Ellie Wilson was a level above - great insight, calm and composed - they should perhaps ask her to do the co-commentary too. Definitely bring her back to the studio more.

Back
Top Bottom