Streaming...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Compared to a season ticket, travel, etc. costing .........

Glad I've got my season ticket, value of attending in person = PRICELESS

Compared to a season ticket, travel, etc. costing .........

Glad I've got my season ticket, value of attending in person = PRICELESS

yes i know it's cheap compared to the cost of travel etc, but i don't think the value proposition is that good compared to the cost of say watching the games a couple of days later on bladesplayer for £35 a season. I would certainly pay a tenner to stream a game every so often if i was travelling, but if i was going to watch every game via streaming then i would be looking at a considerably cheaper deal than a tenner per day. Maybe a couple of hundred quid per season tops to stream all blades games.

yes i know it's cheap compared to the cost of travel etc, but i don't think the value proposition is that good compared to the cost of say watching the games a couple of days later on bladesplayer for £35 a season. I would certainly pay a tenner to stream a game every so often if i was travelling, but if i was going to watch every game via streaming then i would be looking at a considerably cheaper deal than a tenner per day. Maybe a couple of hundred quid per season tops to stream all blades games.

£10/match or £20/month.

But by god they'd have to make sure the stream was reliable, which would be somewhat of a sea change from the Radio streaming...

All good in terms of exiles, but make it cheaper to everyone (which might be difficult with the rights) and how much do you dilute demand for the core product (actually attending fixtures) and then addons like BladesPlayer?

I'd love to get stuck into a project of setting up streaming and live match content, but it's not going to be possible without big changes to the way clubs/the league look at things and the rights issues.

I paid £3 for the Scottish friendly we had last year, (can't even remember who it was against) but I'm not parting with a tenner....s24su tweets and the next episode of Fargo on the planner for me..

You'd spend £500 a season on streaming Blades games?

Personally I would yes. Including the build up I usually spend three hours listening to our games live. Then, a day or two later I spend another two hours watching it on BP, and then some more if I write some stuff on the blog. So that's 5 or 6 hours each game. (I don't have time to watch all our games, in full at least, and there are some that BP don't show). Live streamed games would be fantastic.

I asked the Scandinavian Blades if they'd be willing to buy a season ticket at a £10 price per match, and 11 people quickly said they would. 19 have seen the question (on our fb group), we have about 85 members.

I might pay £200, like Dundee, but not £500.

Does anyone know if, after you've paid your tenner, you can watch the match anytime, or is it live stream only? Mrs is away and there's no chance of me watching it before the kids are in bed.

Personally I would yes. Including the build up I usually spend three hours listening to our games live. Then, a day or two later I spend another two hours watching it on BP, and then some more if I write some stuff on the blog. So that's 5 or 6 hours each game.

Shit - that must have been a labour of love over the last 4 years Bergers - Match sticks propping up your eyelids, perchance?

I might pay £200, like Dundee, but not £500.

Does anyone know if, after you've paid your tenner, you can watch the match anytime, or is it live stream only? Mrs is away and there's no chance of me watching it before the kids are in bed.

Pretty sure it's just the stream. Stream will start just 5 minutes before the match kicks off I believe.

Never used it myself but I think we have one of our fans who runs the Dundee website commentating too so that should be interesting from a Blades point of view.

Back
Top Bottom