Streaming is killing football

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Streaming has enhanced interest along with efl ifollow and extra exposure on Sky. I know of at least half a dozen people that have started going because of exposure on Sky and these had not been to games for many years. A couple near me who have not been for years started watching United on Sky and because of the extra exposure it rekindled their appetite and had it not been for that extra exposure it wouldn’t have happened and they bought season tickets last season.

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2019/may/attendance-figures/

I remember when people told me streaming was killing attendances, when I streamed on Facebook last season. I guess when I stopped it made everyone go to games again...

I wonder what those people are saying now..
For home games, attendances would be higher without streams. I don’t think that can be argued with.
That doesn’t mean it’s killing football, it’s just not helping attendances.

Bit of bollox in that link,it says Sunderland have the record now for League 1 attendance of 46039

But in the equivalent Div 3 there was 49309 at a famous game in Sheffield,thats all i'm saying,oh and i was there.:(

Has that attendance ever been bettered in Div 3.

Screenshot_20190509-192713_Google.jpg I never knew streaming was so dangerous, someone should tell this chap, he streams daily.

Always thought that claim was bollocks, streaming doesn’t kill attendance . For me streaming is there for when I absolutely cannot make it.

If I was able to make a game I’d bloody go, not pick a stream over it as it’s not even close to the real thing.

That being said it’s a godsend for games you just can’t get to.

Streaming has enhanced interest along with efl ifollow and extra exposure on Sky. I know of at least half a dozen people that have started going because of exposure on Sky and these had not been to games for many years. A couple near me who have not been for years started watching United on Sky and because of the extra exposure it rekindled their appetite and had it not been for that extra exposure it wouldn’t have happened and they bought season tickets last season.

This is how the entertainment industry work and lets make no mistake , football is entertainment.

Being able to view games in your own home is essential for the growth of the football industry. People will still go to games., just as people will still go to see bands "live" despite having access to an ever increasing catalogue of music. at home Streaming and live screening of matches is the brochure for the "live" experience.

At the moment we play good football and so the product we have to sell is very attractive.

Our crowds are circa 1,000 down since the advent of Sky Sports red button.

Hard to pin the blame on just that though no doubt it's a consideration but so are initial disappointment from last season and annoyance at form and transfer activity at the beginning of this, increased ticket prices/number of higher category games, and moved fixtures.

1000 isn't a lot really.

Hard to pin the blame on just that though no doubt it's a consideration but so are initial disappointment from last season and annoyance at form and transfer activity at the beginning of this, increased ticket prices/number of higher category games, and moved fixtures.

1000 isn't a lot really.

I'd still expect the trend to be up rather than down due to the success of the team.

It's the same old thing though. Before Divisions 3 North and South were re-organised into just 3 & 4, the record was about 51,000 for a Division 3 South game between Cardiff and Bristol City.

Remember this?

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Anyone who is available to attend and can afford a match ticket will attend - no one would choose to watch a crappy stream rather than attend if going to the game is a viable option.
The only people who are watching streams are those who can’t afford a ticket or who can’t physically be there due to distance/work/family/health/other commitments.
If anything, streaming allows more people to feel closer to the club and keep in touch with events on the pitch.
TV coverage and the red button will have a bigger impact on attendances, but they create ££ for the clubs so will never be attacked in the same way.
Given that we’re likely to sell out every game next year, many fans will be reliant on those hardcore criminals streaming match footage to feel part of our adventure.

Recall reading once after world cups there is a boom in numbers as fans get the bug in the summer. Not sure how true that is but 22 million+ were watching England in the summer.

Villa, Leeds, Sunderland getting good crowds in the EFL and some smaller clubs like Watford, Bournemouth and palace being out of the EFL helps

You didn’t stream you blatantly ripped people off. Get fucked scamming your own

Scamming someone by streaming free in the public domain that is Facebook? Hows that work pal?

Back
Top Bottom