Souza off!?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He isn't consistent enough and doesn't impose himself on games often enough.

It always looks to me as though he's playing as "sweeper" in front of the defence, he's on a hiding to nothing in that position A bit like Mont'y was back in the day, imo he's good enough to be pushed forward playing in a central position with instructions to rampage forward a bit like Ndyie did.
In my opinion he's a talented player playing in the wrong position and possibly the wrong club

It always looks to me as though he's playing as "sweeper" in front of the defence, he's on a hiding to nothing in that position A bit like Mont'y was back in the day, imo he's good enough to be pushed forward playing in a central position with instructions to rampage forward a bit like Ndyie did.
In my opinion he's a talented player playing in the wrong position and possibly the wrong club

I’d go the other way, as I don’t think his touch and speed of thought are sufficiently good to play high. He could be a good centre back.

I am actually a fan of Souza, I really like him and think he would look a completely different player in a better side......however......the thing that is puzzling me about his little rant is that how does he think he was close to a call up for Brazil?

His displays this season have been on the whole OK, (in my opinion) he's not stood out above anyone else. Prior to joining us he was relegated with Espanyol and played in the equivalent of League 2 in Belgium before that.

Genuinely puzzled as to how that equates to a national call up for one of the worlds powerhouses....?

On that basis, JLT should be banging down Southgate's door....

I’d go the other way, as I don’t think his touch and speed of thought are sufficiently good to play high. He could be a good centre back.
Ya maybe, he's certainly strong enough to take the knocks and dish a few out

I am actually a fan of Souza, I really like him and think he would look a completely different player in a better side......however......the thing that is puzzling me about his little rant is that how does he think he was close to a call up for Brazil?

His displays this season have been on the whole OK, (in my opinion) he's not stood out above anyone else. Prior to joining us he was relegated with Espanyol and played in the equivalent of League 2 in Belgium before that.

Genuinely puzzled as to how that equates to a national call up for one of the worlds powerhouses....?

On that basis, JLT should be banging down Southgate's door....
Agree, I can only think that he came to the Premier League thinking it would kick his career on and put him in the shop window, little did he know 😄.

Anyone else's telly playing up , Brazil team has 20 odd missing but Souza not in, is it a fault on the set?

i was watching him saturday. i think there are more to those brazil comments than made out. & almost certainly will not be with us in the championship as he will be the 1st jump off the sinking ship after Tottenham. because when he has the ball & are attacking he looks decent & interested. but like most players the judgement comes what are you like off the ball. i was comparing him to monty which considering she was born at similar time to his farewell to Australia is bit like when i was her age, them comparing someone to bob booker or glyn hodges 😄

but whereas monty was loved because yes he couldn't pass a ball 10yds & his shots struggled to get in between the 2 posts on the kop nevermind the goalposts. but he ran his arse off & his work rate was 1 of the best at the club. there for became a fan favourite. whereas souza everything looks laboured when we are off the ball. when he asked to press, get a tackle in, put your body on the line at set piece. he looks disinterested

Oh. That's far too believable and inconsequential to be a decent April fools joke. It would actually be good news because it would help guarantee his departure....

Back
Top Bottom