So!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The best two teams over 46 games will go up. I find it difficult to rule out Scunthorpe from second place, but on balance I see them third or fourth. I don't get the Bolton fuss. Top six, yes.

As Nuddy says, the current top six are not the top six to be. If anyone wants a big bet on that, name your odds. I'll take it.

The best two teams over 46 games will go up. I find it difficult to rule out Scunthorpe from second place, but on balance I see them third or fourth. I don't get the Bolton fuss. Top six, yes.

As Nuddy says, the current top six are not the top six to be. If anyone wants a big bet on that, name your odds. I'll take it.
1p at 10,000 : 1
Done
:)

... a needle pulling thread ..... :D

I would have been very disappointed with this forum if someone hadn't posted this. Thankfully you've kept our reputation for shit jokes intact. Have a like. :D

But it didn't say, "sew" did it SV

BoS has been on the Barley Wine at lunch time, again, I suspect.

Scunny will be thereabouts.

Solid enough in defence. Solid in central midfield. Enough goals from wide and up front. They've been together a while. They have a good manager. They're particularly strong at home.

I don't think Bradford will get in the top 2. I don't think they can be consistent enough to play like they did against us regularly.

Bolton are strong and should only get better.

Peterborough, Millwall and MK Dons are strong enough on paper to challenge but they all need new managers.

There's always one! :) I had hoped the word "realistic" would be taken as implied. How about a pound at 50/1? Winnings donated to the site. First five takers only....
So if the top six are the same at the end of the season I donate a quid to the site and if they're not you'll donate £50?
OK but I'll make it £5 to your £50.

I just wonder if Scunthorpe have the strength in depth to attain auto, and can keep getting good results.
I cant imagine they will be top for the rest of the season. They will need luck with injuries and there players will need to play well day in day out.
The same applies to us of course, but look at our team, we have some excellent players to choose from when all fit.
We of course don't have a clue who will be top 6 in 3 months time, but I think Scunny, Bolton and Bradford will be thereabouts. Time will tell, but I am very very optimistic that this could be our season.

Mainly because the lion's share of their goals have been provided by Josh Morris, a midfielder who up until this season had only scored 11 career league goals (he has 13 in 15 this year)

I think a lot of people are assuming that he can't replicate this kind of form across the full season, and his current spell is just a purple patch: I haven't seen enough of him this season to confidently agree one way of the other.

Looking at their results from this season as well, I'd also suggest that they have had an easier start than ourselves.

You are indeed correct about Scunthorpe.

If anyone is concerned about Scunthorpe, then go and take a look at their fixtures in Nov, Dec AND Jan. If they are top come the end of January then they might as well be given the title - I doubt they will be in the top 3 - but if they somehow are then all the best to them as that list of games is very difficult.

UTB

So, I don't really get that many are saying that Scunthorpe will falter.........why should they? People thought that Burton would falter last season..........and Leicester for that matter.

Scunthorpe are up there because they are playing well and scoring lots of goals. Who knows whether or not they will carry on like this but I can't see any reason to suggest that they will falter.

What about the JTW when the big fish come knocking on their door with money to spend on their top striker

My Scunny-supporting mate says their fans in general aren't surprised by their form this season because they finished last season strongly and (apparently) they had League One's biggest budget this summer

played 8 of the top ten, getting 15 points in the process.

Only played 6 of the bottom 14, getting 10 points in the process

No real difference then.

500,000 to one. I'll put a pound on it? :)

That's the spirit....
I'll donate £5 to the site if the top 6 stay the same. BUT IF THEY DONT".......................................
I'll still donate £5 to the site. So that's £10 to your £50 Pinchy, only fair.

What about the JTW when the big fish come knocking on their door with money to spend on their top striker

It's a fair point Hodgy but in reality no one knows what the JTW will bring - it could affect us as well if Wolves decide to sell EEL, or Clough comes in for a resurgent Coutts or Fleck.

The point is that Scunthorpe are on a great run, which has carried on from last season, they have goal scorers other than Morris, and at this moment there is nothing to suggest that they will falter.

It's a fair point Hodgy but in reality no one knows what the JTW will bring - it could affect us as well if Wolves decide to sell EEL, or Clough comes in for a resurgent Coutts or Fleck.

The point is that Scunthorpe are on a great run, which has carried on from last season, they have goal scorers other than Morris, and at this moment there is nothing to suggest that they will falter.

I thought we were supposed to take it one game at a time? How quickly times change.:)

Those players can score goals, but none are anything special. I'd sooner have Clarke, Done and Sharp.

I'm of the opinion that they won't be in the top 2 at the end of the season.

Fancy a £10 bet with the loser paying a charity of the victor's choice?

I should point out that your point about Burton is a bit of a fallacy. I'm fairly certain that Clough's points/games ratio was better than Hasselbank's.

Yes, sometimes it just clicks and a player truly finds his feet, and like I say I don't know enough about Morris to make any real conclusion either way. I'm hoping that it's just a rich vein of form as opposed to him suddenly becoming a world beater.

I don’t think Clough’s was better. Think it was something like 2.1 per game for JFH and about 1.8 or so per game under the funny little one.

I don’t think all of the top 6 will stay there. I do think the current top 4 will finish in the top 6 though. Can still see at least one of MK/Charlton/Millwall/Posh sorting themselves out a bit and getting in the top 6.

There rarely is when you're on a great run! It's when you aren't that the reasons you might falter emerge...

There rarely is when you're on a great run! It's when you aren't that the reasons you might falter emerge...

No shit! I'm just trying to point out that I don't see any reason right now why some people think that Scunthorpe will falter - it's as if "well it's them, they are bound to and that there's always teams that start well that fade away".......well maybe that's true but why should it be them? And anyway, it's fuckin October, all kinds of weird shit could happen this season!

Back
Top Bottom