Slimane to start

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would like to see him start a game. What have we to lose? Sorry Ollie but you need to sit one out, the pace of this league is too quick for you. Maybe Slimane will be dire, maybe what we need. Hecky, for God's sake and ours, try him. Sorry, rant over
For a player who we were supposedly chasing last January and we finally signed in the summer it seems strange that he’s not been given more game time. I’m sure the management team know why though and us fans should just let them get on with it.

Anyone but Norwood, a Dean Hammond performance last night, sorry Ollie, you've given us 3/4 years good service, bit like the 2/3 clubs that dumped him we have to do the same. Danny Hall btw gave him a 7!, saying
" giving him the captain's armband seemed to serve up extra inspiration, started brightly,snapping into tackles and spraying the ball nicely, loses marks for set pieces, but still a very impressive display in midfield! " I question now, was Danny Hall even at the game?

For a player who we were supposedly chasing last January and we finally signed in the summer it seems strange that he’s not been given more game time. I’m sure the management team know why though and us fans should just let them get on with it.
Laughs in Trusty

Having watched Slimane if you’re hoping he might be quicker than Norwood you’ll be disappointed. The frustration for me is that he could have replaced Hamer or McAtee last night in an inverted wide position when they were tiring. But we brought Osborn on instead.

How we only make 3 changes when chasing a game just confuses me.

Having watched Slimane if you’re hoping he might be quicker than Norwood you’ll be disappointed. The frustration for me is that he could have replaced Hamer or McAtee last night in an inverted wide position when they were tiring. But we brought Osborn on instead.

How we only make 3 changes when chasing a game just confuses me.

Hecky makes a lot of decisions during games, or conversely he doesn't (when it's clear as the nose on my pretty little face that he needs to change something during the game) that often have me scratching my head in bewilderment. Unfortunately, I'm fast coming to the conclusion that he is losing the plot. Nice fella, out of his depth.

Some of Hecky's selections are puzzling and make me wonder how involved he actually is in bringing some players in. Slimane should be given a game as we've nothing to lose by it.

No disrespect to Osborn but he was hardly going to change a game we were chasing. He's a player you bring on to close a game out.

Some of Hecky's selections are puzzling and make me wonder how involved he actually is in bringing some players in. Slimane should be given a game as we've nothing to lose by it.

No disrespect to Osborn but he was hardly going to change a game we were chasing. He's a player you bring on to close a game out.
Didnt mind the Osborn substitution but Slimane should have been brought on at the same time ( and brought on around on hour mark)as both McAtee and Hamer were clearly tiring and we needed fresh legs

Last edited:
I would like to see him start a game. What have we to lose? Sorry Ollie but you need to sit one out, the pace of this league is too quick for you. Maybe Slimane will be dire, maybe what we need. Hecky, for God's sake and ours, try him. Sorry, rant over

I don't believe Slimane's pace to be all that quicker and earlier games that he played in, he did struggle to get back a little bit... but in his defence it was early days and the midfield has been very disjointed.

I agree that norwood probably needs to sit out and give somebody else a chance. The quality of Slimane's dead ball alone being much better than Norwood's, but I don't feel the lad has had a fair crack at it yet....

I would like to see Slimane get a start. Does he play in the same position as Norwood though or is he better off playing further forward.

A few more injuries and he will be starting games anyway.

You wonder how unfit/rubbish he looks in training to be not getting a look-in. But then we wondered the same about Trusty and he looks decent.
I was just about to mention the Trusty situation.
Also, he throws Osborn back in with hardly any training at all. Even Fleck makes the bench (and was probably more likely to come on than Slimane) and there's no way he's ripping it up in training.

Anyone but Norwood, a Dean Hammond performance last night, sorry Ollie, you've given us 3/4 years good service, bit like the 2/3 clubs that dumped him we have to do the same. Danny Hall btw gave him a 7!, saying
" giving him the captain's armband seemed to serve up extra inspiration, started brightly,snapping into tackles and spraying the ball nicely, loses marks for set pieces, but still a very impressive display in midfield! " I question now, was Danny Hall even at the game?
were you at the game ?

As someone else said; considering we were after him in Jan to finally sign him and then seemingly not wanting to use him is odd

Back
Top Bottom