Skinny Fit Kits?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sorry for dragging up a kit thread (I've left the 59-pager alone!). I've just been down for my new home shirt and had a real problem settling on the best size.

I'm quite short and slim build so recently I've been enjoying the benefit of fitting into the XL junior/youth size and paying £10 less. So that's where I started this time. It fit fine around the middle but was a bit too short, so I moved onto the adult S. This was a tighter fit than the XLJ yet much much longer, so this was clinging to my legs which isn't a great look. I swapped between the two trying to decided which was more important, the fit around the middle or the length, and eventually discounted both. I went for M so it was long enough, and would also fit layers under it in winter. If I'm an M then most people of regular height and build are at least XXL.

So I had to pay £10 more than I'd hoped. Oh well. But having to pay more (£40.50 with ST discount) meant I was more disappointed that it then turned into a game of 'find your favourite imperfection'. I'm not keen on how the sponsor is stuck on (the away kit is much better in this respect), but when faced with how the sponsor needed to be stuck on, why has the person sticking them on made such a mess of it on 95% of the shirts? Most of them left the shirt wonky underneath (not as if it were wrinkled when it was applied, more that either the shirt of logo had been stretched disproportionately to the other when applied), a lot had the logo massively creased, and some had the logo looking damaged or dirty. Some had a combination of all three issues. One sponsor logo was almost fine with a bit of a shadow over one corner, but had a small pull near the top of a white stripe on the front, and one sponsor logo was fine (yes, of all the Ms on display, ONE was ok), but had a small black dot near the bottom of a red stripe on the back. I opted for this one being the only one that looked perfect on the front. This may sound trivial and trust me I don't enjoy spending half an hour trying to find a shirt I actually want to wear, but when priced at £45 any damage to it should be caused by my carelessness or through the enjoyment of wearing it, not caused before it's put on the rack.

The one other thing that disappointed me was the weird white backing to the club crest and Adidas logo resulting in strange shadows on the stripes surrounding them.

Despite all this, now I've seen it up close and studied it in more detail, I really do like the new shirt as one of the finest we've had. And the more I look at it, the more it looks like a Blades shirt rather than Stoke/Sunderland/Brentford.

Sorry for dragging up a kit thread (I've left the 59-pager alone!). I've just been down for my new home shirt and had a real problem settling on the best size.

I'm quite short and slim build so recently I've been enjoying the benefit of fitting into the XL junior/youth size and paying £10 less. So that's where I started this time. It fit fine around the middle but was a bit too short, so I moved onto the adult S. This was a tighter fit than the XLJ yet much much longer, so this was clinging to my legs which isn't a great look. I swapped between the two trying to decided which was more important, the fit around the middle or the length, and eventually discounted both. I went for M so it was long enough, and would also fit layers under it in winter. If I'm an M then most people of regular height and build are at least XXL.

So I had to pay £10 more than I'd hoped. Oh well. But having to pay more (£40.50 with ST discount) meant I was more disappointed that it then turned into a game of 'find your favourite imperfection'. I'm not keen on how the sponsor is stuck on (the away kit is much better in this respect), but when faced with how the sponsor needed to be stuck on, why has the person sticking them on made such a mess of it on 95% of the shirts? Most of them left the shirt wonky underneath (not as if it were wrinkled when it was applied, more that either the shirt of logo had been stretched disproportionately to the other when applied), a lot had the logo massively creased, and some had the logo looking damaged or dirty. Some had a combination of all three issues. One sponsor logo was almost fine with a bit of a shadow over one corner, but had a small pull near the top of a white stripe on the front, and one sponsor logo was fine (yes, of all the Ms on display, ONE was ok), but had a small black dot near the bottom of a red stripe on the back. I opted for this one being the only one that looked perfect on the front. This may sound trivial and trust me I don't enjoy spending half an hour trying to find a shirt I actually want to wear, but when priced at £45 any damage to it should be caused by my carelessness or through the enjoyment of wearing it, not caused before it's put on the rack.

The one other thing that disappointed me was the weird white backing to the club crest and Adidas logo resulting in strange shadows on the stripes surrounding them.

Despite all this, now I've seen it up close and studied it in more detail, I really do like the new shirt as one of the finest we've had. And the more I look at it, the more it looks like a Blades shirt rather than Stoke/Sunderland/Brentford.

I'd completely agree with you. I went back and swapped mine for the bigger size and on both occasions I had to sift through multiple shirts to find one that didn't have creased sponsors, pulls, pen marks, etc. I appreciate I'm paying £45.00 for something that probably costs about £2 to manufacture but like punk, I want a perfect one not one that looks like they've cleaned the stockroom floor with it and then hung it up.

I remember the days when they used to come all nicely sealed in individual packets and used to come out perfectly folded and pristine. Now they mostly look like they've all been made, screwed up and thrown in a box and then sent to Bramall Lane and hung up. I do sometimes go into the shop and feel slightly embarrassed at the standard of the kits on offer, you'd think they'd want to use them as the showpiece of the shop and have them in good condition. If recent seasons are to go by, I guess not!!!

If anyone has feedback on the kit, please send it to [email protected] marked FAO the club shop.

Lisa, the shop manager was in the SLO meeting last night and indicated that she hadn't received any negative feedback on the kit... And the owner of the shirt whose back sponsor had started cracking was merely unlucky than it being a defect.

Last edited:
If anyone has feedback on the kit, please send it to [email protected] marked FAO the club shop.
Lisa, the shop manager was in the SLO meeting last night and indicated that she hadn't receiv
ed any negative feedback on the kit... And the owner of the shirt whose back sponsor had started cracking was merely unlucky than it being a defect.
Fair play to the shop manager making herself available, but do the things listed of screwed up badges, pulls etc need to be pointed out by customers before they get noticed? If a high street fashion shop got a supply of knackered stock, they'd be on the phone to the manufacturers straight away.

Back
Top Bottom