Shame , Shame , Shame.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

One of the best and most underrated exponents of authentic Rhythm and Blues . ( I refuse to use the term R and B since it is often applied to artists and material which have little or no connection to the genre .)

His vocal style , lyrical content and guitar riffs were hugely influential on any number of the performers and song writers which led to it becoming hugely popular in the ‘60s , not least of these being the Rolling Stones.

One of the best and most underrated exponents of authentic Rhythm and Blues . ( I refuse to use the term R and B since it is often applied to artists and material which have little or no connection to the genre .)

His vocal style , lyrical content and guitar riffs were hugely influential on any number of the performers and song writers which led to it becoming hugely popular in the ‘60s , not least of these being the Rolling Stones.
My dad had this on single, London American label, I think.

My dad had this on single, London American label, I think.

The very talented singer / songwriter Dion DiMucci once said that the two greatest influencers of the music of the late ‘50s / early ‘60s were Hank Williams and Jimmy Reed and I wouldn’t argue with that .

Thanks for posting the video and reminding me of that wonderful era .

The very talented singer / songwriter Dion DiMucci once said that the two greatest influencers of the music of the late ‘50s / early ‘60s were Hank Williams and Jimmy Reed and I wouldn’t argue with that .

Thanks for posting the video and reminding me of that wonderful era .
Didn't Dion go back to his blues roots regarding albums?

Sunday relegation blues😟

I’ve been briefly angry a few times this season and it’s always at the Lane
and that’s where it stays.
l count myself incredibly lucky,I’m not being bombed,driven out of my home,starved or persecuted.
Perspective does not allow me to stay angry ……..it’s football innit.
Roll on next season,
same friendly faces in same seats,same sense of humour, and hopefully some good games.

Yes he did and made a fine job of it by all accounts .
Mid to late eighties he had a bit of a resurgence. Cba to dig it out but l’ve got his CD which was excellent. Sadly passed DJ Rodger Scott really got behind it on his superb BBC late night Sunday show (Which covered music from the forties to current, then 1989, date.)

An utterly shambolic season. Poor Management, disinterested players and pathetic non - funded directorship. An insult to the hard working gullible season ticket holders. Absolute humiliation from August 23 - April 24. Hecky thrown to the baying wolves and Wilder no better. Lost for words and seething !
Totally agree! This is all down to the the owner. Little investment and selling the silverware . And now with probably having to sell or lose half the team leaving us with another relegation battle in the championship, think Derby/Sunderland 🤔 embarrassing

Mid to late eighties he had a bit of a resurgence. Cba to dig it out but l’ve got his CD which was excellent. Sadly passed DJ Rodger Scott really got behind it on his superb BBC late night Sunday show (Which covered music from the forties to current, then 1989, date.)

Like most of my generation ( the few of us that are remaining, that is ) my first introduction to Dion was as a result of his 1959 hit “ Teenager in Love” with his backing group The Belmonts , which may seem a bit cheesy now but struck a chord with us at the time since most of us were !

However , I first began to appreciate his talent on hearing their version of the Rodgers and Hart classic , “Where or When “

Over the years , this song has been covered by many of the world’s top artists including the likes of Frank Sinatra and Carly Simon , but imo none of these have even come close to his beautifully crafted version of it .

Add to that his later memorable classics such as “The Wanderer” and “Runaround Sue” and you have an artist who along with his other work , deserves serious acclaim.

Back
Top Bottom