Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Same people who are saying Berge is not worth much are the same people who were saying the same about Ramsdale last season and would have been happy to take 10 mill for him. Seems McCabes legacy is still alive and well

Thank Christ for this mate, I thought I'd accidentally wandered into a parallel dimension. People on the Shoutbox yesterday were just repeating the phrase "Sander Berge is the best player in the division". Well he wasn't even our best player last season, and we finished 5th. Presumably he's found the Power Sword in the last few weeks that transforms him into the all-dominating promotion-guaranteeing worth-at-least-£40M player everyone else seems to be sure he is.
As good an example of a straw man argument I’ve seen in ages.

If Berge is being compared to Phillip's why aren't Man City in for him or any of the other European giants? I think this is the first public interest there has been in Sander since we bought him. He is a good player not worth more than we paid for him.

If Berge is being compared to Phillip's why aren't Man City in for him or any of the other European giants? I think this is the first public interest there has been in Sander since we bought him. He is a good player not worth more than we paid for him.
So you'd take a loss on our best player?

So you'd take a loss on our best player?
Apparently so. We have a supposed £35m release clause. If the club decide that it makes financial sense to accept an offer lower than that, or the player makes noises then fair enough. I just don’t understand why some supporters are almost desperate for us to sell for a low price.

I think there’s a difference between the utopia of our ‘best player’ on a good day and our most valuable saleable asset. The two notions are not mutually exclusive.

I hope Berge’s suitors are wearing the same rose-tinted glasses some glass three-quarters full posters are on here.

I think the potential sale of Berge would also depend on whether we have a replacement/replacements lined up. Hecky I'm sure has already planned for this behind closed doors

Makes me laugh people people who think we are stupid for not wanting to sell our best players for a big loss. Or thinking we can easily replace them for much cheaper

In sander berge's case, I don't think he's a world beater. And I think we could easily recruit a more consistent performer for less than we take for him....

He's the makings of a good player, but he hasn't been a world beater for us.

Yep, and there are some serious bollox being spouted in this thread too.
Just for a laugh try the Khadra thread...which has developed into more Berge delusions. My opinion is that Berge is our best player, I don't want us to sell but if someone offers us our money back then you can bet your bottom Rouble that we will sell. My worry is that we will waste the funds we receive and be far worse without him.

In sander berge's case, I don't think he's a world beater. And I think we could easily recruit a more consistent performer for less than we take for him....

He's the makings of a good player, but he hasn't been a world beater for us.
Ok, but you could easily say he’s in the top 3 players in the Championship and not be a world beater. And I keep seeing this line of recruiting someone better for less. Who? From where?

Just for a laugh try the Khadra thread...which has developed into more Berge delusions. My opinion is that Berge is our best player, I don't want us to sell but if someone offers us our money back then you can bet your bottom Rouble that we will sell. My worry is that we will waste the funds we receive and be far worse without him.
That’s partly down to me I think. I need to take a day off, but can’t drop it today for some reason.

Yes, let's sell probably our most skillful player because we will get our money back. Then we can reinvest the money and get 5 new better players. Because we have got such a great history for doing that. We should keep our best players and try and move up. To many supporters Happy to be in league 2 if it means our finances are good. Have some ambition ffs.🙏

Yes, let's sell probably our most skillful player because we will get our money back. Then we can reinvest the money and get 5 new better players. Because we have got such a great history for doing that. We should keep our best players and try and move up. To many supporters Happy to be in league 2 if it means our finances are good. Have some ambition ffs.🙏

Good to see that some on here have some sense. Seriously, some United fans are so small time with their ambitions for the club it just blows my mind at times. We have a really good player on the books and all.some can think of is 'let's flog him and try and get our money back...(if we are lucky mind). They take pessimism to new levels. How about try and keep our better players unless we get a real head turning offer.... Nah, never catch on. Let's get that balance sheet on excel looking healthy instead. Dear me.

Back
Top Bottom