CONFIRMED Sam Curtis signs for the Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

dublin 10 blade

Reaction score
Us and a few others are supposed to be looking at this right full from St Pats , we need to get on the case sharpish this is the type of signing we need , he’s a talented baller and won our cup at the weekend
He’ll also he playing in Europe next season for Pats , Del Boy Geary needs to get on to this , and offer him a trial asap

Us and a few others are supposed to be looking at this right full from St Pats , we need to get on the case sharpish this is the type of signing we need , he’s a talented baller and won our cup at the weekend
He’ll also he playing in Europe next season for Pats , Del Boy Geary needs to get on to this , and offer him a trial asap
City are chasing him and a young midfielder from St Pats aren’t they in a double move?

City are chasing him and a young midfielder from St Pats aren’t they in a double move?
Just asked young un , he’s heard nowt about other player ,
but defo interest in full back who’s currently playing for Irelands U21 tonight ( now )
1-1 H-T
On transfer market he’s apparently valued at under 150 k
Had a steady game for a 17 year old

Just asked young un , he’s heard nowt about other player ,
but defo interest in full back who’s currently playing for Irelands U21 tonight ( now )
1-1 H-T
On transfer market he’s apparently valued at under 150 k
Had a steady game for a 17 year old
Definitely the types you’d hope we’re looking at

Looks very strong for a 18 year old. Could be able to play RCB as well.

Personally I haven't given up on Seriki to make it either. Brilliant in his last U21 game and back in the first team squad vs Luton.

Seriki looked so, so far away in that Forest game in 21/22. Coupled with how much he struggled at Rochdale and the strength in depth at that position I thought he'd have left by now.

But ai did notice in the warm ups v Luton that he seems to have grown a fair bit both height and weight wise so maybe there's still a player in there

Seriki looked so, so far away in that Forest game in 21/22. Coupled with how much he struggled at Rochdale and the strength in depth at that position I thought he'd have left by now.

But ai did notice in the warm ups v Luton that he seems to have grown a fair bit both height and weight wise so maybe there's still a player in there
He's always been in an athlete, but despite his mediocre loan spell, I don't think it's a coincidence that his performances at U21 level have been rewarded with 9 PL bench appearances so far, including 3/5 under Wilder.

As mentioned I thought he looked more mature in his last U21 match. He set up goals, beat opponents with ease, but also showed composure and calmed it down when a run wasn't on. We'll need some athleticism and running tomorrow, maybe he'll get some minutes? ;)

It shouldn’t be too much of a no brainer for the lad.
If he’s grounded, and coming from where he has suggests he likely is rather than some lad who’s been on big money in the youth set up of a big club with an ego, and wants to play football then we stand out as the most likely club to further those ambitions quicker.

Go to one of the big clubs you find yourself tied for years and going out on loan forever and limiting his development.

Hopefully he will be the player we think we are getting.

Surely this is more of a One style future prospect than anything first team focused. Irish football is hardly a top level after all.

Surely this is more of a One style future prospect than anything first team focused. Irish football is hardly a top level after all.

Youngest ever player to play in the Irish Prem.

Allegedly wanted by most of the big 6.

Some media outlets are calling him the next big thing in Irish football.

If we get relegated and he's good enough then he should be playing for us and not being developed in the U21s or farmed out on loan.

Youngest ever player to play in the Irish Prem.

Allegedly wanted by most of the big 6.

Some media outlets are calling him the next big thing in Irish football.

If we get relegated and he's good enough then he should be playing for us and not being developed in the U21s or farmed out on loan.
Even the rumoured links to big clubs say he was for their feeder clubs not squads. If he's good enough great but not expecting him to feature. Today the club took along a similar type of signing we got from Celtic in the summer for his first trip with the squad to an away game. Not even on the bench but just to experience it all. That's the level I suspect we'd be seeing

Even the rumoured links to big clubs say he was for their feeder clubs not squads. If he's good enough great but not expecting him to feature. Today the club took along a similar type of signing we got from Celtic in the summer for his first trip with the squad to an away game. Not even on the bench but just to experience it all. That's the level I suspect we'd be seeing

You could well be right.. all I'm saying is IF he is good enough he should be given a fair crack at it.

He's always been in an athlete, but despite his mediocre loan spell, I don't think it's a coincidence that his performances at U21 level have been rewarded with 9 PL bench appearances so far, including 3/5 under Wilder.

As mentioned I thought he looked more mature in his last U21 match. He set up goals, beat opponents with ease, but also showed composure and calmed it down when a run wasn't on. We'll need some athleticism and running tomorrow, maybe he'll get some minutes? ;)
I was impressed with him in pre season game v Girona,looked pacey,confident and much improved, has he not had a few niggles/injuries holding him up ?

Would’ve only been for the feeder set ups in the summer Berks now in Jan he’d have been going into their 21’s. It’s all to do with post Brexit rules applying to Irish players you can sign them on school boy terms under 16 but can’t sign them onto pro terms until they’re 18. Basically means Irish players can’t play for English clubs between the ages of 16-18 unless they signed before they were 16. So when Curtis was 17 in the summer he’d have had to go to a European feeder team but now he’s 18 he can come to England.

St Pats have a young midfielder who’d played first team football for them at 15 who had a trial at City but chose to stay there and sign a 3 year deal when he turned 16 in November. So he’ll do 2 years more with them and then presumably move to England at 18 like Curtis has.

Last edited:

Looks very strong for a 18 year old. Could be able to play RCB as well.

Personally I haven't given up on Seriki to make it either. Brilliant in his last U21 game and back in the first team squad vs Luton.

He's on the floor more often than an eighties breakdancer 🤣

Does look a decent prospect tbf 👍

Easton represented Scotland at U16. Curtis has played for Ireland at U17, U18, U19 and U21.

Easton represented Scotland at U16. Curtis has played for Ireland at U17, U18, U19 and U21.
Irish football is in the doldrums let's be fair. Hopefully he's part of a new generation but being selected for u21s at 18 doesn't mean he's ready for us. Not writing him off or saying he's crap just saying he's probably one for the future!

Irish football is in the doldrums let's be fair. Hopefully he's part of a new generation but being selected for u21s at 18 doesn't mean he's ready for us. Not writing him off or saying he's crap just saying he's probably one for the future!
From El Accounto:
“I can't leave without one last bit of transfer gossip: This Irish lad looks like he will be different gravy. Ignore the age he will be quickly knocking at the door for the first team. No idea how we have got him over other clubs that have tracked him.“

From El Accounto:
“I can't leave without one last bit of transfer gossip: This Irish lad looks like he will be different gravy. Ignore the age he will be quickly knocking at the door for the first team. No idea how we have got him over other clubs that have tracked him.“
I'm sure he's a expert on Irish football 🤷‍♂️

I ain't saying he's shite just I am not expecting much from him right away. Very few teenagers are actually ready. It is a rarity!

Back
Top Bottom