S24SU - Last Man Standing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'll have a look at it all tomorrow and get something set up. I'll probably start the actual competition in a couple of weeks to give everyone chance to get involved.

Not familiar either, but count me in if it funds this place.

I'm in, I've won every competition I've ever entered. The downside of that is that I had to lie about my age to a Radio 1 DJ as a kid to be old enough to go to a West End film premier and be on his breakfast show. Luckily he wasn't a paedo.

Good morning all.

After the healthy response to the idea of Last Man Standing competiton, I've decided to organise this competition. With a 50/50 split. 50% of the pot to go to the winner and 50% of the pot to go towards the running costs of this site.

The rules will be as follows.

S24SU
Last Man Standing Competition
Entry £10
Prize fund will be 50% of the total entry fees. The rules are simple, each weekend pick a team. If your team doesn’t win, you’re out. Last Man Standing, winner takes all!

Email your weekly entry to [email protected]
Rules;
1. Pay your £10 entry fee either in cash to myself in person, or by PayPal, please email [email protected] for paypal details. Payments need to be in place with your first weeks entry by Wednesday 7th December
2. The first weekend of the Competition will be 10th/11th December.
3. You only need to pay once, then all entries are free until the end of the competition, or until you are knocked out.
4. You pick ONE team per week. If your team wins, you go through to the next week; draw or lose and you’re out!
5. English Premiership, Championship, League 1 and League 2 Fixtures apply. Only Saturday and Sunday matches are eligible.
6. If your team’s game is postponed, you automatically proceed to the next round.
7. You cannot pick the same team twice – if you pick Manchester City on Week 1, you cannot pick them again during the competition.
8. If every player left in any round loses, then all the players involved in that round remain in the competition.The competition will not be rolled over
9. All entries are to be E-mailed to [email protected] by 5pm on the Wednesday before each round. Entries after this time will not be valid, and there will be no chasing up or reminders!
10. Please put your name and selection in the Email Subject Box. (Eg. Blademan69 – Aston Villa)
11. Duplicated Entries will be deemed invalid. (If you’ve already picked a team previously in the competition)
12. All Email Entries will be saved until after the competition has ended.
13. The organiser’s decision is final.
14. The Entry Money will be spilt 50/50. 50% to the Prize Pot and 50% to the running costs of S24SU.
15. The weekly selections will be posted on the Thursday/Friday before the weekend they apply to.
16. The weekly results will be posted on the following Monday/Tuesday

Foxy Linz can you pin this. Cheers

Last edited:
Must've missed something. Off to review other thread.

£10 for me to go out in week 1 is a bit steep I think. (appreciate the sentiment of supporting the costs of this site though)

Good morning all.

After the healthy response to the idea of Last Man Standing competiton, I've decided to organise this competition. With a 50/50 split. 50% of the pot to go to the winner and 50% of the pot to go towards the running costs of this site.

The rules will be as follows.

S24SU
Last Man Standing Competition
Entry £10
Prize fund will be 50% of the total entry fees. The rules are simple, each weekend pick a team. If your team doesn’t win, you’re out. Last Man Standing, winner takes all!

Email your weekly entry to [email protected]
Rules;
1. Pay your £10 entry fee either in cash to myself in person, or by PayPal, please email [email protected] for paypal details. Payments need to be in place with your first weeks entry by Wednesday 7th December
2. The first weekend of the Competition will be 10th/11th December.
3. You only need to pay once, then all entries are free until the end of the competition, or until you are knocked out.
4. You pick ONE team per week. If your team wins, you go through to the next week; draw or lose and you’re out!
5. English Premiership, Championship, League 1 and League 2 Fixtures apply. Only Saturday and Sunday matches are eligible.
6. If your team’s game is postponed, you automatically proceed to the next round.
7. You cannot pick the same team twice – if you pick Manchester City on Week 1, you cannot pick them again during the competition.
8. If every player left in any round loses, then all the players involved in that round remain in the competition.The competition will not be rolled over
9. All entries are to be E-mailed to [email protected] by 5pm on the Wednesday before each round. Entries after this time will not be valid, and there will be no chasing up or reminders!
10. Please put your name and selection in the Email Subject Box. (Eg. Blademan69 – Aston Villa)
11. Duplicated Entries will be deemed invalid. (If you’ve already picked a team previously in the competition)
12. All Email Entries will be saved until after the competition has ended.
13. The organiser’s decision is final.
14. The Entry Money will be spilt 50/50. 50% to the Prize Pot and 50% to the running costs of S24SU.
15. The weekly selections will be posted on the Thursday/Friday before the weekend they apply to.
16. The weekly results will be posted on the following Monday/Tuesday

Foxy Linz can you pin this. Cheers

Is it ok if I pay you in person? I don't do Paypal.

You need a default team in case of postponement and is it all four divisions?

My bad just seen the postponed rule!

Just had a train of thought. With Foxy and Linz recently having some good news, and bearing in mind that this forum can't be cheap to run, how about helping to contribute some money to the running a last man standing competition with half the prize pot going to the winner, and the other half going towards the running of this site.

I would be happy to organize run the competition, and it would be a great way to help raise some running costs, as well as providing a good, healthy competition for all to enjoy?
Just a thought, is it worth considering asking some company like a brewery to sponsor S24SU and to give them a small strip at the top of the main page where there name is displayed but to have no editorial influence. If google, faceb*ll*cks and instagram are worth billions then the many thousands of views S24SU gets per day must be worth something to someone. Maybe this could be auctioned to the highest bidder.

Up and running. Please see the other man standing for more info

I am really interested in this but I am keeping my powder dry as the response so far appears lukewarm (at this admittedly early stage).

Or maybe everyone's emailed you but nobody's posted in here? How many entries so far?

Apologies, I have now seen the other thread which must be the original one that seems to have garnered some interest. I'll drop you an email.

There has been a few entities so far. I'm hoping to get it up at least 50 before the first weekend it is running to ensure a healthy prize for a winner and a healthy donation to the site costs.

Yeah, the rules we're copied and pasted from a different competition that one of my mates was running in aid of a junior football club. So many thanks to the eagle eyed Sean Thornton may'be you would also like to join in now seeing as you have shown an interest in the original post.

As it stands in the first 24 hours it has been a slow start, and there have only been a handful of enteries, but I'm hopeful of at least 50 entries before the competiton begins.

Foxy Can you merge the threads please. Cheers.

Super idea. I'm in

Sheffield united won it for me last season, andgot me through last week.

Ive heard that the naming rights of the new baby are also up for auction to support the running of the site.

yep Im in ,other one Im in is away teams only now ,love the barcodes this weekend :)

I haven't got a clue what " last man standing " is , but to keep this place going you can count me in .

After the sad demise of BM ..... I can't even post on there any more ..... This place has been a godsend . If it helps the cyber geeks aka linz and foxy all the better . They ant even carded me ....... yet :cool:;)

Great idea. I'm up for it.

Which cheeky bugger put "Carlos Fernando Owlerton" in the pot?! :eek:

Sounds good. What's last man standing about please?!!

How do we pay'?

More importantly, how do you get my winnings to me? :)

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cheers ST. Can I have Sheffield United please? :)

I try to donate to the site as often as I can anyway but regardless, count me in.

Good Idea Brownie, I'll make one.

I'll have some of that

Good shout... I'd be up for it :)

Whatever. But someone will have to teach me what to do and which buttons to press.

Happy to chip in :)

There's one active at the moment - Survivor.

Along with Sitwell and Fat Lad, I'm well placed to win it. Can I have some dosh, please?

When do we start?

I'll give it a bash.

Not familiar either, but count me in if it funds this place.

I'm in, I've won every competition I've ever entered. The downside of that is that I had to lie about my age to a Radio 1 DJ as a kid to be old enough to go to a West End film premier and be on his breakfast show. Luckily he wasn't a paedo.

Count me in

The man from Del Monte, he says goo on den.

Just a thought, is it worth considering asking some company like a brewery to sponsor S24SU and to give them a small strip at the top of the main page where there name is displayed but to have no editorial influence. If google, faceb*ll*cks and instagram are worth billions then the many thousands of views S24SU gets per day must be worth something to someone. Maybe this could be auctioned to the highest bidder.

Good news is that it is all up and running and all the information is on this sticky thread.

http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/s24su-last-man-standing.50452/

There has been a few entities so far. I'm hoping to get it up at least 50 before the first weekend it is running to ensure a healthy prize for a winner and a healthy donation to the site costs.

I'll have a punt.

No, I said 'have' and 'punt'. Listen more carefully, please....

I'm too busy sponsoring injury time. Sorry...

When do we need to be joining it by please? Im a bit skinflint jim at the moment and dont get paid till a week friday but will join it then if possible. :)

Hah tharall teach me to skim read the rules and stuff.. bags of time , i'll be fine then

I'm in Brownie lad will email you for pay pal details. And I'll pay but wait to see what weather forecast is on wednesday 7th before i pick a team. If it's snowing up north I'll have Carlisle at home :)

Back
Top Bottom