RUNNING WILD

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd be amazed if any club in the Championship or above takes Wilder on as manager. He's now had two absolutely disastrous back-to-back stints at clubs where he failed abysmally. Fans have now seen that he's tactically one dimensional and doesn’t really have a plan B. That and his shenanigans at the Lane towards the end of his time here, and his stock as a manager has taken a real battering and so owners will be very wary of employing him now.

His only way back is to start again in L1 or L2, prove his loyalty to one club and try to get them promoted. There are no quick fixes to the damage he's done to his own career.

I'd be amazed if any club in the Championship or above takes Wilder on as manager. He's now had two absolutely disastrous back-to-back stints at clubs where he failed abysmally. Fans have now seen that he's tactically one dimensional and doesn’t really have a plan B. That and his shenanigans at the Lane towards the end of his time here, and his stock as a manager has taken a real battering and so owners will be very wary of employing him now.

His only way back is to start again in L1 or L2, prove his loyalty to one club and try to get them promoted. There are no quick fixes to the damage he's done to his own career.

Tbf, I love a good Widler bash, but to say he's had 2 disasterous seasons is a bit of a stretch, and unfair.

Only tuned in because I believed this thread to be a homage to the 1922 song of the same title and made famous in popular culture by the much lamented Marylin Monroe during a rehearsal scene in the 1959 film Some Like It Hot.

It's fair to say my hopes are well and truly dashed now.

Two disastrous stints 😂😂 give yer head a wobble

Thread hijacked. Please leave a large pack of Cadbury's giant chocolate buttons under the window seat of the Costas in Orchard Square if you want to see it again. Come alone and remember, no police, particularly that Sting as his voice is too whiny.
download.jpeg-1.jpg

I think he'll do alright at QPR if they don't give him money to spend.

Apart from Egan and Norwood anyone he spent over £1m on has been pretty disappointing.

Wilder would never take a L1 or L2 job , his new found ego wouldn’t stand it plus the money is relatively crap. It’s also hard work with no guarantees.
He might be able to get a Championship job ,but given his poor overall Managerial skills it wouldn’t come to anything

he will probably take Egan and Norwood at the end of the season

we will be buying prem replacements
If we get promoted I very much doubt that Egan and Norwood will be anywhere near the top of the list with regard to necessary replacements.

Only tuned in because I believed this thread to be a homage to the 1922 song of the same title and made famous in popular culture by the much lamented Marylin Monroe during a rehearsal scene in the 1959 film Some Like It Hot.

It's fair to say my hopes are well and truly dashed now.

I'm here because I thought it was the Iron Maiden song, but thats Running Free.

wrong thread, wrong song and 30 years to late 🤷‍♂️

I'm here because I thought it was the Iron Maiden song, but thats Running Free.

wrong thread, wrong song and 30 years to late 🤷‍♂️
Great, great song though.. they had some other great tunes..

“Run to the hills”

“The man who would be king”

“Journeyman”

“Legacy”

“Coming home”?

Wow!

He's had 1 poor season in the PL after a v.good one.
And not quite 1 year in a job at Boro where they could have poss snuck into the playoffs on the final day. Fair to say started the season poorly this season.

I think you might be going a bit over the top.

I think his stock will have taken a bit of a hit for sure but he's got more left yet.

Lets not forget what he achieved with us and that he was the LMA manager of the year in 2018-19 and runner up in 2019-20.

Great, great song though.. they had some other great tunes..

“Run to the hills”

“The man who would be king”

“Journeyman”

“Legacy”

“Coming home”?
Sorry no Iron maiden list without Hallowed be Thy Name. Probably the best song, from probably the best album from probably the best heavy rock band for the last 40 years

He must seriously regret the choices he’s made. Gone from being in the conversation for some of the very top jobs and even a potential England candidate, to struggling to get a Championship job.

I think he let his ego get the better of him. He was a hero at Bramall Lane but the way he left will always tarnish the memory.

Still a lot to thank him for though. We wouldn’t be where we are now but for him. We‘re now a top end Championship club once again knocking on the door of the Premier League, that’s thanks to him.

Sorry no Iron maiden list without Hallowed be Thy Name. Probably the best song, from probably the best album from probably the best heavy rock band for the last 40 years
Love that song, but the ones I listed where a (obviously failed) reference to our recent manager..however, Hallowed be HIS name as well..

Watford to sack him doing the rounds.

It's actually getting to the point where managers and players can deliberately fail and make more money by doing so

Back
Top Bottom