Robinson gone

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Que is Spanish for 'what'. A queue is a line of something, a cue is a signal that leads to an action.

You were after the latter. :)

Sorry to be uber pedantic HB but I believe where more than two things are mentioned it`s last.
Can`t let little things like attention to detail slip where forum police issues are at stake old chap.

Indeed.

Über has an umlaut by the way ;)

I know it does. What I do not know is how to post one .
I`ll take your "Indeed" to mean "Good point,you`ve corrected me after my smarmy "correction" which you`ve corrected me on".
Thanks.;)

Sorry to be uber pedantic HB but I believe where more than two things are mentioned it`s last.
Can`t let little things like attention to detail slip where forum police issues are at stake old chap.

Actually, given the use of a minor sentence to define "que", the second sentence contains only two relevant articles for comparison. The former can then be considered "queue", and the latter "cue" if we take the reading that the third sentence is using only the second as its referent (which makes sense, as the English terms should be considered separately from a foreign one). Semantically, this creates no incoherence in our interpretation and should be taken as a fair reading.

The real concern ought to be the presumption that it was a call to action rather than an indication that the forum police would be queuing up to take turns in the thread. That much we cannot ordain from the structure of the initial post in this exchange.

You'll be pleased to know that uber, in spite of the objection, as an anglicisation of a German term, does not necessitate the use of an umlaut.

I'm sorry for nothing.

Actually, given the use of a minor sentence to define "que", the second sentence contains only two relevant articles for comparison. The former can then be considered "queue", and the latter "cue" if we take the reading that the third sentence is using only the second as its referent (which makes sense, as the English terms should be considered separately from a foreign one). Semantically, this creates no incoherence in our interpretation and should be taken as a fair reading.

The real concern ought to be the presumption that it was a call to action rather than an indication that the forum police would be queuing up to take turns in the thread. That much we cannot ordain from the structure of the initial post in this exchange.

You'll be pleased to know that uber, in spite of the objection, as an anglicisation of a German term, does not necessitate the use of an umlaut.

I'm sorry for nothing.

I`m claiming moral victory as I think it`s clear that the OP intended major not minor.
The umlaut issue clinches it.

I'm sorry for nothing.

Never mind that shit. Sacking the smarmy git has no direct relevance to us, so the whole thread needs to do one.

Never mind that shit. Sacking the smarmy git has no direct relevance to us, so the whole thread needs to do one.

It's only relevant to us if you believe the new manager resurgence thing. Which I don't until I see some statistical evidence.

Given his former team are our next opponents I would say his departure is hugely relevant to us. It could result in the players continuing in their poor vein of form or becoming resurgent.

It's only relevant to us if you believe the new manager resurgence thing. Which I don't until I see some statistical evidence.

"Match discussion, team and players - this is the on-the-field forum"

Recognise this? It's the descriptive notes attached to the General Blades Chat that this has been posted in. Call it what you like but the manager of MK Dons getting the push doesn't have a scrap of relevance to any of that descriptor. Good news is that there is another section into which it fits perfectly.

Recognise this? It's the descriptive notes attached to the General Blades Chat that this has been posted in. Call it what you like but the manager of MK Dons getting the push doesn't have a scrap of relevance to any of that descriptor. Good news is that there is another section into which it fits perfectly.

Using that descriptor about 20% of the current threads would be culled.

Don't read the thread then?

It directly concerns United, it's getting so nobody can mention another clubs name....
A club sacking their manager has nothing to do with United. You might as well say Rovrum sacking Stubbs is United related as we might be playing them next season

Back
Top Bottom