Robin Koch

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

NerdyBlade

Reaction score
On a free due to a clause in his deal (that my Leeds fan mate says is the fault of their old board). 26, CB or Defensive Midfielder with prem experience - worth a shot or leave well alone?

Attachments

• 348390055_1330067464573762_670016535657422695_n.jpg
    348390055_1330067464573762_670016535657422695_n.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 85

He's a good player and has been a German international quite recently, I know I seem to say it to a lot of these suggestions but he's not in the same league as the people we will be looking to sign.

The only reason he might sign is if he likes where he lives and wants a fairly commutable club to move to. I don't think he'll want to play for what we'll be able to pay him though.

If this and the Rodrigo shambles had happened to us I'd be furious but seen as its Leeds I find it totally hilarious 😂

He's a good player and has been a German international quite recently, I know I seem to say it to a lot of these suggestions but he's not in the same league as the people we will be looking to sign.

The only reason he might sign is if he likes where he lives and wants a fairly commutable club to move to. I don't think he'll want to play for what we'll be able to pay him though.
I think that's probably the biggest issue we'll face all window - the market we will be looking in compared to rivals isn't going to be fantastic. Think we need a lot of luck unearthing some hidden gems and then pray we get the results.
Doesn't hurt to be wishful though when it comes to players like this!

I think that's probably the biggest issue we'll face all window - the market we will be looking in compared to rivals isn't going to be fantastic. Think we need a lot of luck unearthing some hidden gems and then pray we get the results.
Doesn't hurt to be wishful though when it comes to players like this!
I think if people realign their expectations with reality then they have a lot less chance of being disappointed with who we end up signing.

I think if people realign their expectations with reality then they have a lot less chance of being disappointed with who we end up signing.
See my expectations are at Higdon and Hammond so I can't really complain over anyone we sign

100% sign him if possible. Could be the next Basham

Wages and being too lowly and shit will probably stymie us though

He’s a defensive midfielder in the way that Johnny Ertl was a defensive midfielder.

German international who’d only be here to replace one of our two best defenders, and for big wages.

No

If your left foot is that bad that you can't play LCB when you are a centre back you're a shit excuse of a professional footballer
Comments like this are a bit naive.

Think Guardiola... Does he ever play a right footed LCB? He does not.

Due to angles of passing available to and from the LCB, amongst other reasons that I probably can't remember and/or don't know.

I know Man City are echelons above us due to over a decade of financial cheating. However, we can "strive" to recruit a left footer to play a left footers position.

Which scares you more - Ertl or McEvely?
Ertl. McEvely at least had a decent run until he handballed against spurs.

Every single game that Ertl was involved in, even in the 2 appearances in the 90 point Danny Wilson season were absolute disasters. Everything he touched turned to shit

Ertl was a symbol of how lucky Blackwell was that he got sacked before having to deal with the crumbling disaster of a squad he'd overseen the disintegration of.

Excruciatingly bad signing

Ertl. McEvely at least had a decent run until he handballed against spurs.

Every single game that Ertl was involved in, even in the 2 appearances in the 90 point Danny Wilson season were absolute disasters. Everything he touched turned to shit

Ertl was a symbol of how lucky Blackwell was that he got sacked before having to deal with the crumbling disaster of a squad he'd overseen the disintegration of.

Excruciatingly bad signing
See I'd say Ertl purely because I love the McEvely foul that made him famous 😂

On a free due to a clause in his deal (that my Leeds fan mate says is the fault of their old board). 26, CB or Defensive Midfielder with prem experience - worth a shot or leave well alone?
Surely this can’t be correct. They were newly promoted when they signed Koch and even by Leeds standards it would be a remarkable display of arrogance to completely dismiss the possibility they could be relegated during his contract.

Regardless of his contract status, is he not really poor? I don't think I've watched a Leeds game over the last 2 seasons in which he's not dropped a clanger. If there is actually a choice between him and someone like Coady, then it should be a no-brainer!

I assume he'll head back to Germany next season, signing for someone like Wolfsberg

Due to angles of passing available to and from the LCB, amongst other reasons that I probably can't remember and/or don't know.

I know Man City are echelons above us due to over a decade of financial cheating. However, we can "strive" to recruit a left footer to play a left footers position.
He played right footed Cancelo as a left back most of his city career.

All of their players can use both feet, as can 99% of the Premier League. Shutting out greater than half of potential transfer targets for arbitrary reasons is very silly.

He played right footed Cancelo as a left back most of his city career.
That is true but also a relative anomaly. Also he's absolutely class. Also not a centre back.

Back
Top Bottom