Retained list 2023/24

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We'll be here till next season if we give everyone who's currently down to be elsewhere next season a clap!

Adam Davies
Ben Brereton Díaz
Ben Osborn
Chris Basham
Daniel Jebbison
George Baldock
James McAtee
Jayden Bogle
John Egan
Jordan Amissah
Mason Holgate
Max Lowe
Oli McBurnie
Oliver Norwood
Rhys Norrington-Davies
Wes Foderingham
Yasser Larouci
When you put it like that, it makes for grim reading. Despite current opinions, there's 6 or 7 in there that would be in our strongest XI....

When you put it like that, it makes for grin reading. Despite current opinions, there's 6 or 7 in there that would be in our strongest XI....
I do think the "get rid of them all" opinion is a bit strong. Especially when the club has recent struggles in getting any deals across the line before the start of the season.

|It's one thing adding a few flair players at the end of the window, 4 or 5 games in. It's another thing adding 4 or 5 starters

I do think the "get rid of them all" opinion is a bit strong. Especially when the club has recent struggles in getting any deals across the line before the start of the season.

|It's one thing adding a few flair players at the end of the window, 4 or 5 games in. It's another thing adding 4 or 5 starters
That's exactly my point. Whatever we may think right now, having Bogle/Baldock & RND/Lowe would mean we don't have to consider doing anything at full back and Foderingham/Davies have proved to be extremely serviceable at Championship Level...

Similar to McBurnie. Not a fan myself, but will happily admit at Championship Level him with any one of Brewster/Jebbison/Osula/One/Marsh looks like a decent front pairing.

As it is, we're not just having to look at new fullbacks and GKs but backups too ... Ridiculously scary position to be in.

Sorry front pairing of brewster/jebbison/osula?One/Marsh does not look like a decent pairing How many games has brewster played in the last two seasons?
Not many so I'd take him off that list and when possible let him go

I wish people would stop slagging off Norwood. He has been a great player for the club. Ok physically he can't handle the Premier League and maybe even all football anymore. But he does not owe the club anything.
unfortunately mate a lot on here have a very short memory Norwood was a first rate signing for us and we should not forget what he has done for the club.

Sorry front pairing of brewster/jebbison/osula?One/Marsh does not look like a decent pairing How many games has brewster played in the last two seasons?
Not many so I'd take him off that list and when possible let him go
Read the post again my pedigree chum....

Any one of those with McBurnie and we create chances - which is the point I'm making.

Right now everything is screaming out to let McBurnie/Egan/Norwood go. But with them in the squad, the others around them suddenly don't look as young/raw/inexperienced...

FFS there's still people round these parts saying we should have kept Billy Sharp for one more year, yet want Norwood burnt at the stake....

Speed on stuff like this doesn't happen in Sufc, last year it was mid June when we released it and as ever we were fucking about with signings in August at end of window.
Can’t wait for the ‘Be patient’ threads this summer when we’re 10 points behind the pigs after 5 games.

Can someone tell me if there is any reason we should think about keeping Lowe? I am not sure I can remember a game where I thought, he is a good player for us?
He's a 6/10 calibre LB in the Championship and the chances of our recruitment team finding a similar standard player are zero... See Exhibit A Luke Thomas, see Exhibit B Yasser Larouchi....

He's a 6/10 calibre LB in the Championship and the chances of our recruitment team finding a similar standard player are zero... See Exhibit A Luke Thomas, see Exhibit B Yasser Larouchi....
But even Larouchi, I at least could get a bit optimistic that he was good at something... going forward, he seemed... entertaining?!

Lowe just seems 6/10 at everything, apart from his smile according to Houston_Blade 😂

He once made a face that looked like he’d rather be back on loan at Forest though, you have to remember to knock a point off every week for that 👍🏼

We'll be here till next season if we give everyone who's currently down to be elsewhere next season a clap!

Adam Davies
Ben Brereton Díaz
Ben Osborn
Chris Basham
Daniel Jebbison
George Baldock
James McAtee
Jayden Bogle
John Egan
Jordan Amissah
Mason Holgate
Max Lowe
Oli McBurnie
Oliver Norwood
Rhys Norrington-Davies
Wes Foderingham
Yasser Larouci
Is Bogle OOC ?

I think it's a great idea for the club to decide early & publish the list asap.
But experience tells you that we'll fanny about till the deadline (is it mid-June ?) , perhaps claiming that we're checking on recovery from injury or seeing what replacements might be available.
And if course we'll still not know any better by then.

He once made a face that looked like he’d rather be back on loan at Forest though, you have to remember to knock a point off every week for that 👍🏼
True, but has he ever had a full pre season and done a League One Loan???

If so, he'll get full acceptance round these parts!

if we go with wingbacks in the championship i think larruci would be ok with osborn as back up but neither would be any good as left backs in a back 4

He may be a 6/10 calibre LB at Championship level but he's another one who's seemingly made of biscuits and cheesestrings. We need players capable of 30+ starts and Lowe isn't one of them.

Back
Top Bottom