Relegation battle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WF10BLADE

Reaction score
next season and 4 teams get relegated.

Who's gonna be the first to post "it will give us a chance to clear the decks and we can bounce straight back"

I'm not confident.

Also whoever buys Billy Sharp has a good striker on their hands.

We had a great chance to fucking bury the pigs into oblivion a few years ago and fucking blew it.

The cancer at this club starts with '8 million a year' man at the top when teams like fucking Burton on a quarter of the budget leap frog us, then we have those who think Mcabe is God !!! We are saddled with'mr unlucky' and his cohorts for at least the next 2 decades.

The cunts on the pitch haven't overturned going behind to win all season and they deserve sacking - but we won't.

All Blades are so desperate for success, that we cling onto any glimmer of improvement in form to convince ourselves that everything in the future will be rosy, it clearly will not be. The recent upturn in results in the last five games seems to have convinced some that we will challenge for promotion next season. Anyone who thinks this is as mad as Madkins.
Even during the recent run when the door to the play offs was slightly ajar, Adkins and the team have not delivered. We played well against Gillingham, but didn't win when nothing else would do. Likewise against Barnsley.
All the signs from McCabe are that the budget is to be reduced for next season. McCabe now has the mad idea that promotion can be won by playing a team full of young academy players. Adkins pretends to embrace this, by talking all the time about pathway for the youth, however he doesn't really believe this. He plays the usual suspects today at Coventry, such as as our useles team captain, while leaving young players on the bench or not even in the squad. He prefers to get rid of promising young players such as Freeman and McNulty, while persisting with the likes of Hammond.
Adkins is a total disaster, who if retained may well result in our involvement in a relegation battle next season, however I predict he wont last ten games. He wont be able to rely on the excuse that its not his team next season and even the Adkins supporters by this time, will have realised that he is a total fraud, who just spouts spin. His endless positivity and spin will have drained the support by that time of even his most ardent fans. Lets admit we were all wrong about Adkins and lets start next season with a new manager, who appears to at least know what he's doing.

Who's gonna be the first to post "it will give us a chance to clear the decks and we can bounce straight back"

I'm not confident.

We had a great chance to fucking bury the pigs into oblivion a few years ago and fucking blew it.

The cancer at this club starts with '8 million a year' man at the top when teams like fucking Burton on a quarter of the budget leap frog us, then we have those who think Mcabe is God !!! We are saddled with'mr unlucky' and his cohorts for at least the next 2 decades.

The cunts on the pitch haven't overturned going behind to win all season and they deserve sacking - but we won't.

We won't go down next season, it's about the one of only two things I am confident of, that and that we will be nowhere near automatic promotion.

All the signs from McCabe are that the budget is to be reduced for next season. McCabe now has the mad idea that promotion can be won by playing a team full of young academy players

McCabe is not only mad, but he's a goldfish, as he's already forgotten what happened the last time he slashed the budget to the bone under Weir.

Nobody ever learns anything at the Lane.

This "50% academy players in the first team" line. The only time to do something like that is when you're playing out a season and you want to get something worthwhile out of it. If we are genuinely deluded enough to attempt it as we look on course to be, then relegation would be far more likely than reaching the play offs. It would probably be an inevitability actually. I honestly can't believe it's even been mentioned, let alone there being the desire to go through with it. It's an absolute recipe for disaster.

If we're going to use kids next season it just says that we are totally skint and ambition less, the club needs to be honest here, I don't see where the money goes they allege that they spend, it's got to be the whole shooting match this 8 million they've spent, and they never talk about the income they receive do they..

It's called running a club, it costs money, we need new owners... Nothing is going to change until we have an owner who isn't scraping along with a wallet full of excuses and bullshit...

I think even with the mediocrity in the current squad, we won't be looking at a relegation battle next season.

We have seen improvements in performances Feb-April, but as we will lose Edgar, Baptiste and Hammond (yes even Hammond) after next week we have some big decisions and a lot of work to do. Thankfully, and I say this genuinely, we haven't had a play off campaign to prolong the season further as it now allows a full summer in which the rebuild can (in theory) commence.

If Adkins is to stay, then he needs to be honest with what is required for next season, there are no excuses.

we could dispel relegation fears with one P45 ,
Scunny and Barnsley found men to motivate them to fight for a play off spot

surely , surely we can

A lot of people saying the same things as they were saying before 2010 / 11 season about us not going to be in a relegation fight despite many of the similar problems and board room noises being made now as then.

We are at a very dangerous moment for the future of this club during the summer, make mistakes and get off to a bad start next season and the runaway steam roller could take some turning around,

I think even with the mediocrity in the current squad, we won't be looking at a relegation battle next season.

We have seen improvements in performances Feb-April, but as we will lose Edgar, Baptiste and Hammond (yes even Hammond) after next week we have some big decisions and a lot of work to do. Thankfully, and I say this genuinely, we haven't had a play off campaign to prolong the season further as it now allows a full summer in which the rebuild can (in theory) commence.

If Adkins is to stay, then he needs to be honest with what is required for next season, there are no excuses.

Completely agree. At worst we'll be mid table.

The cunts on the pitch haven't overturned going behind to win all season

In the third tier... A team that cannot recover a deficit in the third bloody tier.

That is staggeringly inept. A pox on their households.

In the third tier... A team that cannot recover a deficit in the third bloody tier.

That is staggeringly inept. A pox on their households.
I wonder when the last season was that this happened? unbelievable really, well, probably not in all honesty.

Then again. If Sharp gets a season long injury ?
o_O

McNulty will probably be recalled and bag a dozen goals again. ;)
Nah.
He'll join Pompey on a free to help spearhead their promotion challenge from the 4th division.
It will have been arranged and confirmed a week before Billy gets an ACL and is out for 18 months.
Then we will wave to each other as we pass on the promo / relly highway.

All Blades are so desperate for success, that we cling onto any glimmer of improvement in form to convince ourselves that everything in the future will be rosy, it clearly will not be. The recent upturn in results in the last five games seems to have convinced some that we will challenge for promotion next season. Anyone who thinks this is as mad as Madkins.
Even during the recent run when the door to the play offs was slightly ajar, Adkins and the team have not delivered. We played well against Gillingham, but didn't win when nothing else would do. Likewise against Barnsley.
All the signs from McCabe are that the budget is to be reduced for next season. McCabe now has the mad idea that promotion can be won by playing a team full of young academy players. Adkins pretends to embrace this, by talking all the time about pathway for the youth, however he doesn't really believe this. He plays the usual suspects today at Coventry, such as as our useles team captain, while leaving young players on the bench or not even in the squad. He prefers to get rid of promising young players such as Freeman and McNulty, while persisting with the likes of Hammond.
Adkins is a total disaster, who if retained may well result in our involvement in a relegation battle next season, however I predict he wont last ten games. He wont be able to rely on the excuse that its not his team next season and even the Adkins supporters by this time, will have realised that he is a total fraud, who just spouts spin. His endless positivity and spin will have drained the support by that time of even his most ardent fans. Lets admit we were all wrong about Adkins and lets start next season with a new manager, who appears to at least know what he's doing.

He didn't play the kids yesterday because they aren't good enough. The first team squad being substandard doesn't alter that.

And there's no better manager coming, whatever we do with Adkins.

Blame Clough, and lack of residual funds to change things.

UTB

McCabe is not only mad, but he's a goldfish, as he's already forgotten what happened the last time he slashed the budget to the bone under Weir.

Nobody ever learns anything at the Lane.
Not to mention when Robson didn't work out. "We have to live within our means" not having the nouse to realise that if we did we'd just be about the only football club that tried to.

Hence we find ourselves where we are today and fast forward another five years god help us.

I'm not confident.

He didn't play the kids yesterday because they aren't good enough. The first team squad being substandard doesn't alter that.

And there's no better manager coming, whatever we do with Adkins.

Blame Clough, and lack of residual funds to change things.

UTB

Blame Clough? Are you mad? Clough took us from relegation certainties to play off contenders and TWO major cup semi-finals. What do you expect ffs!! And what has Adkins done? Fuck all in the cups and upper mid table mediocrity.

Clough's fault was he had run ins over the one thing that stopped us going up, his centre halves. But he is no chump and I suspect he would have modified his attitude quietly over the summer. Sadly he wasn't given the chance. Getting rid of Clough will be McCabe's biggest mistake since the bust up with Neil Warnock.

Blame Clough? Are you mad? Clough took us from relegation certainties to play off contenders and TWO major cup semi-finals. What do you expect ffs!! And what has Adkins done? Fuck all in the cups and upper mid table mediocrity.

Clough's fault was he had run ins over the one thing that stopped us going up, his centre halves. But he is no chump and I suspect he would have modified his attitude quietly over the summer. Sadly he wasn't given the chance. Getting rid of Clough will be McCabe's biggest mistake since the bust up with Neil Warnock.
You, I or a monkey would have saved us from that "certain relegation". I'll credit him with the cup runs which were fantastic - but that ultra defensive counter attacking style isn't one we should have been adopting in England's third division. It was terribly painful to watch.

We've offloaded half a squad and will finish about 3 points worse off than last year. But the damage was done when we built a 45 man squad without a centre half, none of which could fight it's way out of a paper bag.

The budget was blown, leaving the next man with nothing to build a squad. I find it utterly amazing that this is lost on some.

UTB

You, I or a monkey would have saved us from that "certain relegation". I'll credit him with the cup runs which were fantastic - but that ultra defensive counter attacking style isn't one we should have been adopting in England's third division. It was terribly painful to watch.

We've offloaded half a squad and will finish about 3 points worse off than last year. But the damage was done when we built a 45 man squad without a centre half, none of which could fight it's way out of a paper bag.

The budget was blown, leaving the next man with nothing to build a squad. I find it utterly amazing that this is lost on some.

UTB

We 'may' finish about 3 points worse off than last year and what 4, 5, 6, places further below in what most call a worse league? C'mon, we were promotion favourites ffs with the bookies. We've been shite!

I like how we've now graduated into "relegation certainties" as it makes Clough look better.

We 'may' finish about 3 points worse off than last year and what 4, 5, 6, places further below in what most call a worse league? C'mon, we were promotion favourites ffs with the bookies. We've been shite!

We've been promotion favourites every single season since we've been down here.

Back
Top Bottom