progress

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think the biggest concern for failure in the Playoffs will be the appearance of Burton Albion comming over the Horizon

First game of the Season for Albion at Bramall Lane, their first away win in League one, will see a Summer of Clough Planning going up in smoke in Car Park

anyone who thinks us getting promoted is a waste isnt then

sorry can you explain what promotions about then

Id call any closet wednesday fan pretending to be a blade a cunt

BTL, I also heard the 'thick cunt/closet Wednesday fan' :rolleyes: on RS and admit that - from afar - to slag off a team that has just secured a place in the play-offs seems bizarre. However. Anybody who has watched us regularly this season knows why. It's tedious. It has no direction. It has no future.

Can I explain what promotion is? Well it's sure more than limping towards the line in the poorest Division Three in memory. It's about winning more than three on the trot. It's about not being ritually humiliated by the likes of Fleetwood, Crewe, Yeovil. What it is about is marching forward with strength and confidence that the higher level awaiting us will not see us come straight back down.

It will be the crowd that wins the playoffs

More than Huddersfield in 2012, I can see our magnificent crowd - so worn down over the past months and years - wanting to just get back on the North Circular.

no matter how you look at it , being as negative as you want

last season 7th , missed the play offs

this season , in the play offs

Progress , now lets go forward together in the play offs
lets try and get 100% behind the team for those 3 games

give ourselves the best possible chance by pulling in the same direction
forget any personal petty hatreds of individuals
and get out of this league

Finally something we can agree on. :eek:)

For me its a great chance to salvage the season, i'm trying to believe we will do it.

UTB!

no matter how you look at it , being as negative as you want

Progress , now lets go forward together in the play offs
lets try and get 100% behind the team for those 3 games

give ourselves the best possible chance by pulling in the same direction
forget any personal petty hatreds of individuals
and get out of this league
11173582_1555166748057928_889140696_n.jpg

Arghhh some football fans drive me up the wall...
We have dropped really far in recent years too the point some fans are happy with the half hearted home performances and just beating a newly promoted team to a playoff place....
god just get us out of this league...

BTL, I also heard the 'thick cunt/closet Wednesday fan' :rolleyes: on RS and admit that - from afar - to slag off a team that has just secured a place in the play-offs seems bizarre. However. Anybody who has watched us regularly this season knows why. It's tedious. It has no direction. It has no future.

Can I explain what promotion is? Well it's sure more than limping towards the line in the poorest Division Three in memory. It's about winning more than three on the trot. It's about not being ritually humiliated by the likes of Fleetwood, Crewe, Yeovil. What it is about is marching forward with strength and confidence that the higher level awaiting us will not see us come straight back down.

More than Huddersfield in 2012, I can see our magnificent crowd - so worn down over the past months and years - wanting to just get back on the North Circular.

grafikhaus , although pro Clough , i don't think anyone could really argue against your post , who has actually seen matches both home and away . The thing we are all clutching on , is eternal optimism not Clough management skills.

Who ever we play , the home game will not be a crowd of the size we think it will be . Why - because the floating blade fans will not go , due to nerves , expectations , and the dread of watching a poor performance , and being let down. It could be the same at Wembley , as deep down , we do , at some point think of failure , and this time , just cannot face it,

I think this time the floating fan will not be bothered about turning up. Hope i am totally wrong , although my own eternal optimism says we will do it.

UTB

And if he doesn't, no problem. Imagine the open topped bus parade if next season he leads us to our first EVER home win against Fleetwood Town. You've got to have a dream.

Beating Fleetwood, your having a giraffe aren't you? The five year plan never had that in it.

And if he doesn't, no problem. Imagine the open topped bus parade if next season he leads us to our first EVER home win against Fleetwood Town. You've got to have a dream.
Judge us in the afterlife

We really do set the "legend" bar low don't we?

If we gain promotion , Clough or none of the players will become legends . They will gain respect , that they have achieved the task , they are all being paid to do . A couple of players may also redeem themselves , in the process .

There is no monkey on our back . We have been tactically out manoeuvred , going all the way back to the Palace game.

UTB

If we gain promotion , Clough or none of the players will become legends

UTB

They will be cos the Blades fans who went to Wembley will be telling their grandkids "I saw us win at Wembley, something no Blade team has done that for 90 years, and for the first time in 7th attempt! "

They will be cos the Blades fans who went to Wembley will be telling their grandkids "I saw us win at Wembley, something no Blade team has done that for 90 years, and for the first time in 7th attempt! "

If you base your logic on that we should get ourselves relegated to the Conference then we have a better chance of winning a final. I'm sorry but as much as I will be celebrating if we get promoted if I have to tell my future grandkids I remember winning the league one play off, we really will have gone down the pan.

Seeing as this is all the fans fault I would suggest playing a play off final at Wembley with 6000 blades there would be to our benefit no?

Bladesway , none of this is any fans fault at all . Off the mark . I just cannot see floating fans turning up for obvious reasons . Do i blame them - No , not at all.

UTB

Bladesway , none of this is any fans fault at all . Off the mark . I just cannot see floating fans turning up for obvious reasons . Do i blame them - No , not at all.

UTB

I hoped I didn't have to add a smiley for you to know I was being sarcastic. I was wrong.

Yes , FA Cup , League Cup , Champions League , YES .

League 1 play off final. NO

UTB

UTB

Floating fans? I just can't understand how a person can be a floating fan of The Blades. I fell in love, I keep forgiving them when I am disappointed. And I keep coming back to them no matter what.

Perhaps I am too emotional and should carry out a cost benefit analysis (by crikey, just how sobering could that turn out to be...)

Floating fans? I just can't understand how a person can be a floating fan of The Blades. I fell in love, I keep forgiving them when I am disappointed. And I keep coming back to them no matter what.

Perhaps I am too emotional and should carry out a cost benefit analysis (by crikey, just how sobering could that turn out to be...)

I think for us who go , it proves we are heavily into S and M.:D

UTB

Here is the extent of our progress this season:

League matches under Clough:

2013/2014 - 58 Points - 33 Games: 1.76 points per game

2014/2015 - 70 Points - 45 Games: 1.56 points per game

If we win the playoffs then all will be forgotten of course. If we don't then there will be some serious questions to answer as to whether the best use has been made of the Prince's investment.

Think of Southampton, spurs, then think of Yeovil that's how

When I think of games like Spurs and Southampton I think of the energy provided by Cuvellier, Reed, McNulty and Adams. Players, with the exception of Adams we are unlikely to see in the play offs. We were literally a different team in those cup games.

The fans and players need each other equally, however the players need to get the fans back on board. Not the other way round. We have seen some poor performances lacking any energy this season. Clough should have them bouncing off walls before the playoffs and tell those players to win us back. Then we can think Southampton or Spurs.

When I think of games like Spurs and Southampton I think of the energy provided by Cuvellier, Reed, McNulty and Adams. Players, with the exception of Adams we are unlikely to see in the play offs. We were literally a different team in those cup games.

The fans and players need each other equally, however the players need to get the fans back on board. Not the other way round. We have seen some poor performances lacking any energy this season. Clough should have them bouncing off walls before the playoffs and tell those players to win us back. Then we can think Southampton or Spurs.
I stand corrected

winning , even scoring in a play off final , itd be our first wembley win in 90 years

legend doesnt begin to cover it
Gather round the sports bar with some other ex pats and you'll be the only one who gives a fuck.
Stop talking bollocks about how well Clough has done cause the bottom line is we are a poor side under him and I shudder to think what will happen with him in charge in the Championship.

Back
Top Bottom