Prince on Sheff United Way

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The risks of failure were never this high though.

Well its the downside of success. The running costs go up.

I now understand why many PL clubs have billionaires as owners or need one it's because a multimillionaire can barely afford to keep the lights on.

He’s not happy to sell us to a criminal or a bullshitter. He clearly stated that he had confidence in the due diligence processes implemented by the regulating authorities, and trusted to these. This confidence was well-placed, resulting in the failure of the criminal or the bullshitter to purchase the club.
When the names of these “buyers” were released it took about 12 hours for people to uncover they weren’t the right people to be buying us. His due diligence is none existent and he would have no issue selling us to the first person putting up the cash.
6 months ago he wanted out because it was affecting his health and his family. Now he wants to keep a share, why? Why does he want a share of something he cannot out any money into? I don’t want him anywhere near the club now or after he sells.

He’s not happy to sell us to a criminal or a bullshitter. He clearly stated that he had confidence in the due diligence processes implemented by the regulating authorities, and trusted to these. This confidence was well-placed, resulting in the failure of the criminal or the bullshitter to purchase the club.

That’s a very generous take on events. If I were selling a community asset and had promised that community that I’d leave it in good hands, I’d not rely on the EFL to keep me honest. They’ve waved through an absolute parade of charlatans and chancers over the years.

The Price always speaks well, some excellent answers from him and he does seem genuine.

The only bit that raised my eye brows that made little sense was when he spoke about due diligence regards the last 2 failed bids.
He said that his team of investigators don't have the resources that the EFL have, so that would explain possible errors of judgement.

I instantly thought.....a few fans on this forum only needed a few hours to do some google checks to smell a rat regards Dozy.

Think Al could have been a bit naughty and suggested to the Prince...regards prospective buyers he only needs to release the name to this forum
and within a matter of 24 hours we'll raise all kinds of issues if they exist.

Basically he needs to sack his due diligence team and use this forum instead.
Of course I think he lied about this bit and wasn't bothered about due diligence....he just wanted a sale and let the EFL do the checks.

So he wants praise for appointing Hecky because it was a big decision and he got it right. In fact, he always knew Hecky was the right choice. It was the bloody fans who wouldn't have accepted him, so he went for Slav instead. So despite knowing Hecky was the best man for the job, he bottled it because he was scared of the fan reaction.

He caps this rambling mess off by saying anyone can make obvious decisions, but big decisions, when the fans are against you, are when an owner really deserves credit. :oops:
He may have bottled it but his answer was plausible.
Expensive bottle cost him and the club a few million

He may have bottled it but his answer was plausible.
Expensive bottle cost him and the club a few million
If he'd brought it up as an example of an understandable mistake he'd made, it'd be impressive and he'd go up in my estimation.

It's that he brought it up to explain how he doesn't get credit for anything that I found strange. I believe him, but his conclusion is strange to say the least.

Good interview from a really good bloke. We've gone from a club that rolled over every time anyone came sniffing round our players, to a club that plays hard ball and won't let them go for peanuts. Light and dark comparing how he runs the club to how McCabe did.

He's come up with the goods when we needed signings, and he's still doing that despite the fact he has the club up for sale. Most blokes in his position would sell anything of value, offload us to the first bidder and fuck any investment but no, talks like he cares and I believe he does.

His strategy of replacing old players with young, skilful hungry players is sound and another signing or two like the last couple, we'll have a very exciting squad.

I know it makes some of you upset, he's not from Sheffield, he's a Muslim 😱 and because of that you can't see any good in him. How sad, you need to open your mind and look at what we've achieved with him at the helm, I know you won't and you're only happy when you're moaning so crack on. Must be fucking miserable getting promoted, let's hope we get battered every game so you can show the world how fucking big a Blade you are. Only happy when we're shit.

UTBFTP 👊

Are you being serious?

Good interview from a really good bloke. We've gone from a club that rolled over every time anyone came sniffing round our players, to a club that plays hard ball and won't let them go for peanuts. Light and dark comparing how he runs the club to how McCabe did.

He's come up with the goods when we needed signings, and he's still doing that despite the fact he has the club up for sale. Most blokes in his position would sell anything of value, offload us to the first bidder and fuck any investment but no, talks like he cares and I believe he does.

His strategy of replacing old players with young, skilful hungry players is sound and another signing or two like the last couple, we'll have a very exciting squad.

I know it makes some of you upset, he's not from Sheffield, he's a Muslim 😱 and because of that you can't see any good in him. How sad, you need to open your mind and look at what we've achieved with him at the helm, I know you won't and you're only happy when you're moaning so crack on. Must be fucking miserable getting promoted, let's hope we get battered every game so you can show the world how fucking big a Blade you are. Only happy when we're shit.

UTBFTP 👊
"His strategy of replacing old players with young, skilful hungry players is sound and another signing or two like the last couple, we'll have a very exciting squad."

McAtee, Doyle and Ndiaye. Ancient 😂

The last paragraph is one of the most pathetic things I've seen written in here

So no due diligence required? No responsibility on the owner/club to figure out a buyers legitimacy?
Please read my post again. Due diligence was required, and was delivered effectively via the regulating authorities, resulting in the failure of the submitted bids to reach the required standard. That was my point. The owner does have a responsibility to figure out a buyers legitimacy, and he delivered this effectively via an industry “ expert” panel.

I have a responsibility to myself and my family every time I board a flight. I don’t, however, feel the need to google the history of the specific aircraft and it’s maintenance schedule, but rely instead on expert due diligence delivered by a properly qualified third party. Life is precious, and so is time, so I will choose at this point to stop full circle where we started, and bid you goodnight.

"His strategy of replacing old players with young, skilful hungry players is sound and another signing or two like the last couple, we'll have a very exciting squad."

McAtee, Doyle and Ndiaye. Ancient 😂

The last paragraph is one of the most pathetic things I've seen written in here

Yeah but let's be honest, you're just a fucking clown so who cares what you think? Are you a pig? Serious question.

I think some of you are missing the 4d chess game that the Prince has played with Dozy.

Of course he can't admit this publicly but the only way the Prince could get the down payment for the club (which he needed for operating costs if we wanted to keep Illiman or Sander last year) was to accept that Dozy was a serious bidder based on Dozy's own claims that he has the money. He and his team have more than likely identified that Dozy was not a good fit however knowing full well the EFL would catch this - he's asked for the down payment to get some short term cash covering himself legally in the event that the EFL finds him unfit.

He gets the £11 million cash to keep us solvent (short of £2 million) and doesn't need to sell the club to Dozy using the EFL as an excuse.

Well played.

YorkBlade Ingood Nick Another excellent interview where the Prince feels comfortable to tell it how it is, up to but not beyond the point of sharing anything he shouldn't.

Once more you two get the style bang on by letting him breathe and only interjecting when he's running out of steam.

As a matter of interest were there (m)any questions you asked but had to leave out due to time constraints or other reasons? Things like the plans for the land around the Lane that Scarborough owns and what terms he's on with McCabe?

I've made this point before, but I don't get why ANYONE would have an issue with what you are doing. YouTube is like an all you can eat buffet. If you're allergic to seafood and you fill your plate with shellfish, you don't go and blame the hotel when you get an adverse reaction!

Hopefully the club can take on board the lack of comms. It is also seen that way on Chateauroux that there is an unwillingness to communicate often. Bettis does the equivalent of turning up for births, deaths and weddings and not much more. Longer terms projects like the Kop, Safe Standing, the Academy are all things that fans would like to know what the plan is and how long it may take. I would anyway.

Keep doing what you're doing and in the words of Norman Stanley Fletcher "don't let the bastards grind you down!"

When the names of these “buyers” were released it took about 12 hours for people to uncover they weren’t the right people to be buying us. His due diligence is none existent and he would have no issue selling us to the first person putting up the cash.
6 months ago he wanted out because it was affecting his health and his family. Now he wants to keep a share, why? Why does he want a share of something he cannot out any money into? I don’t want him anywhere near the club now or after he sells.
A mere 12 hours for our superslueths to piece together the legally watertight, factually validated evidence needed to invalidate the offers. Wow. Shame on the Prince, and the professional team involved in doing the job right.
I had no idea that our fan base was so replete with forensic accountants with time on their hands.

I was also a bit surprised that the Prince said he was thinking of maintaining a minority stake. Perhaps the fact that he would no longer have to stump up the cash will relieve the stress that he is feeling as sole owner. Perhaps he is concerned about the future of the club, and achieving a seamless transition during handover to the new owner. He can bring positive influence and stability without the financial pressure. All speculation on my part, of course, but just maybe he cares?

Last edited:
YorkBlade Ingood Nick Another excellent interview where the Prince feels comfortable to tell it how it is, up to but not beyond the point of sharing anything he shouldn't.

Once more you two get the style bang on by letting him breathe and only interjecting when he's running out of steam.

As a matter of interest were there (m)any questions you asked but had to leave out due to time constraints or other reasons? Things like the plans for the land around the Lane that Scarborough owns and what terms he's on with McCabe?

I've made this point before, but I don't get why ANYONE would have an issue with what you are doing. YouTube is like an all you can eat buffet. If you're allergic to seafood and you fill your plate with shellfish, you don't go and blame the hotel when you get an adverse reaction!

Hopefully the club can take on board the lack of comms. It is also seen that way on Chateauroux that there is an unwillingness to communicate often. Bettis does the equivalent of turning up for births, deaths and weddings and not much more. Longer terms projects like the Kop, Safe Standing, the Academy are all things that fans would like to know what the plan is and how long it may take. I would anyway.

Keep doing what you're doing and in the words of Norman Stanley Fletcher "don't let the bastards grind you down!"

I asked about the plans for the land around the Lane that Scarborough owns but that wasn't something he could talk about at the moment but it's a question ready for next time.

Why does everyone know the club isn't worth 170 million except the man who's selling it?

Wonder how much he'd get on Dragons den.

Anyway our 3 best players have left from last season and according to people on here the new signings are shit.

Roll on Saturday

I asked about the plans for the land around the Lane that Scarborough owns but that wasn't something he could talk about at the moment but it's a question ready for next time.
Good to know this was asked as it could be a huge issue for the growth of the club. I wonder if we'll glean anything from this? : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mucky-Boots-Triumphs-Tragedies-Football/dp/1801504253/ref=sr_1_2?crid=TDA021JHH1DM&keywords=kevin+mccabe&qid=1691386504&sprefix=kevin+mccabe,aps,156&sr=8-2

It seems to me the Prince's further involvement might hinder getting this land back as McCabe may not want to sell to an SUFC with him involved. Hope I'm wrong.

I think different questions would be asked if this took place now as we are now looking at a club with the Prince probs still involved. Questions about the vision he has and how a new owner fits into that. Infrastructure etc etc. When he's basically got his coat people are naturally more focused on the here and now.

Good to know this was asked as it could be a huge issue for the growth of the club. I wonder if we'll glean anything from this? : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mucky-Boots-Triumphs-Tragedies-Football/dp/1801504253/ref=sr_1_2?crid=TDA021JHH1DM&keywords=kevin+mccabe&qid=1691386504&sprefix=kevin+mccabe,aps,156&sr=8-2

It seems to me the Prince's further involvement might hinder getting this land back as McCabe may not want to sell to an SUFC with him involved. Hope I'm wrong.
Looks like Mccabe going to put his take on what happened with him losing control of the Blades.
Not enough for a book is there or is there!?

Where do people get the perception now that the Prince wants £170m for less than 100% of the club? As far as I'm concerned £170m is the starting price, now if the Prince wants to hold in to a 20% stake in the club then surely the asking price will drop by 20% nowhere has he asked for £170m for 80% of the club.
I don't think the interview tells us much and I never expected it to, he was never going to divulge sensitive information on budgets and finances or possible transfer targets. What he did do was give us his reason for some of his decisions but also a fair amount of bullshit for example AFCON being a consideration with Iliman to be away for five games. Senegal would have to go to the final as half the tournament is in the Premier League winter break. As an asides to that he has just bought a couple of African players who could figure in the same tournament.
What it does tell me is he is desperate for either investment or a complete sale, I think he has pulled a blinder with the con man Dozy getting a non refundable deposit surely he knew the guy was a con man anyone spending 15mins on Google would come to that conclusion even then Dozy could only come up with £9m of the £11m agreed......... Tingo Airlines think D Taxi's 🤣

Realise you’re fielding as many questions as HRH so apologies
From this answer would I be correct in assuming he had sight of the (proposed) questions aforehand ?
If so, what ‘preparation’ time did he have & did he ‘reject’ any (other) ‘topics’ , & if so, are yous at liberty to disclose- what they were (& any explanation as to why they were / are ‘off limits’

Not a ‘dig’ in any way shape or form - just interested in (wider) context

Cheers ?

I think some of you are missing the 4d chess game that the Prince has played with Dozy.

Of course he can't admit this publicly but the only way the Prince could get the down payment for the club (which he needed for operating costs if we wanted to keep Illiman or Sander last year) was to accept that Dozy was a serious bidder based on Dozy's own claims that he has the money. He and his team have more than likely identified that Dozy was not a good fit however knowing full well the EFL would catch this - he's asked for the down payment to get some short term cash covering himself legally in the event that the EFL finds him unfit.

He gets the £11 million cash to keep us solvent (short of £2 million) and doesn't need to sell the club to Dozy using the EFL as an excuse.

Well played.
I think Phipsy alluded to this at the time didn't he? But couldn't say much...

Realise you’re fielding as many questions as HRH so apologies
From this answer would I be correct in assuming he had sight of the (proposed) questions aforehand ?
If so, what ‘preparation’ time did he have & did he ‘reject’ any (other) ‘topics’ , & if so, are yous at liberty to disclose- what they were (& any explanation as to why they were / are ‘off limits’

Not a ‘dig’ in any way shape or form - just interested in (wider) context

Cheers ?
No he couldn't give the answer because he didn't have sight of it and he was unprepared for it and my understanding was he wanted to give a very clear and accurate response to such an important issue but couldn't at this time. I know nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom