PREMIER LEAGUE, CORRUPT AS FUCK

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Coventry should be in the final another big toe job. VAR. wasn’t bright in for that. Premier League will destroy itself sooner the better
Exactly that, you really couldn't call it and i actually thought the Ref's gave the doubt to the forward? Not if its against a Manc team thou eh

Coventry should be in the final another big toe job. VAR. wasn’t bright in for that. Premier League will destroy itself sooner the better
Trouble is, it won’t destroy itself. It’s too valuable to the money men to allow that. It will eventually reduce the teams and exclude those without funding. Fuck em. Simply not my game any more. I used to be bothered about it. But I’d rather an honest competition now.

Don’t tell me that after that VAR this is not CORRUPT AS FUCK

Assuming you’re referring to the offside decision.

If Coventry score a ‘winning’ goal against us in the semi-final and their player is in an offside position, are you saying the same thing if it isn’t given as offside?

That this is from the official Forest twitter account (x account, whatever we say now), is amazing. It probably won't be around for long.

That this is from the official Forest twitter account (x account, whatever we say now), is amazing. It probably won't be around for long.

There would be no point in them removing it. Everyone has seen it now.

Exactly that, you really couldn't call it and i actually thought the Ref's gave the doubt to the forward? Not if its against a Manc team thou eh
The point is that according to VAR's best, but possibly wrong, estimate, the Coventry man's big toe was an inch or two off. It would have been the same the other way round.

VAR did exactly what it was designed for. It disallowed a goal that would once have been legal, it caused a long delay, it killed the excitement, it made the linesman irrelevant, and it meant that we are talking about VAR instead of talking about football. The people who designed this system are sitting happily knowing that they have changed the game. They probably think they have improved things.

The point is that according to VAR's best, but possibly wrong, estimate, the Coventry man's big toe was an inch or two off. It would have been the same the other way round.

VAR did exactly what it was designed for. It disallowed a goal that would once have been legal, it caused a long delay, it killed the excitement, it made the linesman irrelevant, and it meant that we are talking about VAR instead of talking about football. The people who designed this system are sitting happily knowing that they have changed the game. They probably think they have improved things.
We played Palace in the cup and Peschidolido scored a goal and it must have been a yard off and the linesman missed it.

This is what VAR was for.

Not A level geometry.

It all works on the basis that the lines are perfect and the release of the ball is perfect.

Then what about the measurement of the pitch? Suppose one side is 110m and the other side is 111m. Ok maybe less differential but wheeler do you draw the line, literally? Distance from the goal? Which goal? Distance from the centre line?

What about the frame of when it is kicked? At which point can you be sure the ball is struck and has fully left the foot, from the angle you have? Maybe you just don’t have that frame? Maybe the per second isn’t number of frames isn’t accurate enough?

One way around this is thicker lines though you will always get the on the line aspect. But at least a thicker line makes you realise the difference isn’t negligible. It was yesterday.

its so obviously bent

the fa cup semi held at Wembley , the pride and joy of the FA , yet the VAR cameras which should be in 4k UHD quality look like they were taken on a 1975 Polaroid instant camera , there's definitely room for a good video operator to make a boot look bigger through blurred lines they are offering as evidence

just like our disallowed goal at Spurs when Baldock was shown wearing size 15 boots

And how come Everton got away with 3 penalties , the handball passed over yesterday we have had 3 to my knowledge given against us
and the trips make up the rest of every penalty we have conceded in 3 seasons in the prem under VAR

I understand completely the hurt Coventry fans and Forest will be feeling severely hard done by this morning

i really hope forest go down after the antics of their fans in the play off semi but having watched the game on motd2 i have to say they have every right to post that absolute joke of a ref and joke of a var official 2 out of the 3 were stonewall penalties but its no major suprise that everton are on the right end of the decisions the powers that be will do everything they can to keep this club in the premier league just stinks of corruption of the highest order

VAR did exactly what it was designed for. It disallowed a goal that would once have been legal,

Can't agree I'm afraid. VAR was bought in to correct "clear & obvious mistakes". When a decision has to be looked at under a microscope, lines drawn and minutes to make the decision that is not correcting a clear and obvious mistake. That "offside" is not visible with the naked eye in real time, with old fashioned slow motion or still frames.
Its beyond ridiculous. When you view the close up of the Man U players boot, the blue line is actually drawn OVER the front of his boot taking it 1 to 2 inches further back!!!!! As much as I detest Forest and find their "statement" highly embarrassing it is going to ruffle a few feathers at the FA.

Assuming you’re referring to the offside decision.

If Coventry score a ‘winning’ goal against us in the semi-final and their player is in an offside position, are you saying the same thing if it isn’t given as offside?
In that "exact" situation I could live with it.

Love people using the "clear and obvious mistakes" line, which was used in relation to subjective decisions like fouls, then applying it to objective decisions like offside

at least we dont have to put up with var next season but for me its quite obvious the big rich clubs get all the decisions going for them if those incidents had been in forests box at least 2 would have been given

VAR did exactly what it was designed for. It disallowed a goal that would once have been legal,

Can't agree I'm afraid. VAR was bought in to correct "clear & obvious mistakes". When a decision has to be looked at under a microscope, lines drawn and minutes to make the decision that is not correcting a clear and obvious mistake. That "offside" is not visible with the naked eye in real time, with old fashioned slow motion or still frames.
Its beyond ridiculous. When you view the close up of the Man U players boot, the blue line is actually drawn OVER the front of his boot taking it 1 to 2 inches further back!!!!! As much as I detest Forest and find their "statement" highly embarrassing it is going to ruffle a few feathers at the FA.
but why is a toe offside when other parts of the body like in this case the upper arm ie t shirt area is clearly leaning towards the goal and the chest which can be used to clear a ball, all VAR has brought is vagueness , even the nano second a ball leaves the foot is it say a toe nails length away when the video is stopped or is there a toe nails gap and from the angle of the photo when exactly is that point in time , is that a judgement call, man u defenders shoulder is several inches ahead of his foot and coventry player is leaning the other way
images.jpg

Love people using the "clear and obvious mistakes" line, which was used in relation to subjective decisions like fouls, then applying it to objective decisions like offside
The problem for me is that offside is not an objective decision when applied at that level of false accuracy. In the time taken for the ball to hit and then leave the foot of the player making the pass, the receiving player, when running through, will have travelled considerably further distance that that for which the Coventry player was adjudged offside. It’s an inaccurate measurement applied with meaningless accuracy.
If ever we needed an example of how VAR is killing the game, that semifinal was it. It was a fantastic second half that built up to be an epic climax of excitement in the last minute of extra time, only to be completely ruined by a decision that can only be guesswork ( for the reasons stated above) that could just have easily been wrong as right.
I don’t buy into the top club bias of the technology, but am fed up with it being used for purposes for which is was never designed and is not fit for. The offside rule was brought into the game to stop goal hanging, not to penalise runners for having a toenail over a perceived imaginary line.

The problem for me is that offside is not an objective decision when applied at that level of false accuracy. In the time taken for the ball to hit and then leave the foot of the player making the pass, the receiving player, when running through, will have travelled considerably further distance that that for which the Coventry player was adjudged offside. It’s an inaccurate measurement applied with meaningless accuracy.
If ever we needed an example of how VAR is killing the game, that semifinal was it. It was a fantastic second half that built up to be an epic climax of excitement in the last minute of extra time, only to be completely ruined by a decision that can only be guesswork ( for the reasons stated above) that could just have easily been wrong as right.
I don’t buy into the top club bias of the technology, but am fed up with it being used for purposes for which is was never designed and is not fit for. The offside rule was brought into the game to stop goal hanging, not to penalise runners for having a toenail over a perceived imaginary line.
its not about top club bias its about being 100 percent right which it clearly is not
there are too many variables

and it still baffles me I watch a lot of football here in Spain and VAR here all offsides are clearly sorted complete with lines within 30 seconds maximum , yet in the uk we see pictures without lines for 3 4 or even 5 minutes,then get a blurred picture with lines , and it begs the question why

Not A level geometry

Then what about the measurement of the pitch? Suppose one side is 110m and the other side is 111m. Ok maybe less differential but wheeler do you draw the line, literally? Distance from the goal? Which goal? Distance from the centre line
and I think like goal line technology there should be the width of the actual goal lines grace
if it within that its onside
With goal line technology our 3rd goal in the world cup we won would not have counted ,but that was when if the back of the ball crossed the infield side of the line , not including the back bit
When I ran the line if you lost sight of the ball behind the post it was in now it has to be 4 inches over it

and I think like offside technology there should be the width of the actual goal lines grace
if it within that its onside
With goal line technology our 3rd goal in the world cup we won would not have counted ,but that was when if the back of the ball crossed the infield side of the line , not including the back bit
When I ran the line if you lost sight of the ball behind the post it was in now it has to be 4 inches over it
10 years as a ref I cant remember ever judging an offside over the width of a toenail, the whole general lump of a defender or attacker you just knew

As much as I wanted Coventry to win he was offside.
Not supporting var but this is where we are it's not going anywhere.

The point is that in 1990, the law was changed so that "level" became onside so as to give the forward an edge and to increase the number of goals. That was specifically stated in the laws as the reason for change.

VAR is designed to abolish "level", which means its specific purpose is to disallow half the "extra" goals that were produced when level became onside. Disallowing goals like Coverntry's is exactly why it was brought in.

The VAR offside law has always been flawed imho.

There obviously needs to be a line somewhere between off and on but the rule that is applied is laughable for me. Make it daylight between the players or something similar.

How can any player time a run to avoid being a big toe offside. It's bad enough that it's brought down to this minute level but I'm far from convinced about the accuracy of the tools used or how it's being applied.

We played Palace in the cup and Peschidolido scored a goal and it must have been a yard off and the linesman missed it.

This is what VAR was for.

Not A level geometry.

It all works on the basis that the lines are perfect and the release of the ball is perfect.

Then what about the measurement of the pitch? Suppose one side is 110m and the other side is 111m. Ok maybe less differential but wheeler do you draw the line, literally? Distance from the goal? Which goal? Distance from the centre line?

What about the frame of when it is kicked? At which point can you be sure the ball is struck and has fully left the foot, from the angle you have? Maybe you just don’t have that frame? Maybe the per second isn’t number of frames isn’t accurate enough?

One way around this is thicker lines though you will always get the on the line aspect. But at least a thicker line makes you realise the difference isn’t negligible. It was yesterday.
Can someone pass this onto the stubborn fkers at the FA and Premier League. Common sense.

"objective, subjective" FFS. This is a game of football for christ's sake. Its a simple game, what have those two adjectives got to do with it?

"objective, subjective" FFS. This is a game of football for christ's sake. Its a simple game, what have those two adjectives got to do with it?

Fouls are subject to interpretation. Offsides are matters of fact.

I don't know how much margin for error is built into the computer system that is used to determine offsides but I saw a suggestion somewhere (could have even been on here), and was something that I agreed with, that if an offside so ridiculously tight, it should go as linesman's call, similar to what they do with cricket with umpire's call as to whether a ball is hitting the stumps for an LBW. It also protects the integrity of the technology and acknowledges that nothing is 100% foolproof.

A clear offside that has been missed should be called out by VAR straight away but if something is taking forever to decide over and there's no clear evidence to disprove the on-field officials, then go with their call and give them a reason to exist. Otherwise, we might as well do away with linesmen completely and have some high tech camera whizzing up and down the touchline to do their jobs.

Just to add to the debate…. for both Coventry penalty misses, Onana had moved well forward off his line before the ball was struck …. No VAR review though. Just underlines to me that the whole thing is there to give every chance for decisions to be reviewed favourably for the big/established clubs. How many times have we had debatable incidents this season that haven’t even been checked. Unfortunately it’s enabled further by commentary teams that continue to look at everything through “Top 6” glasses.
I‘m looking forward to having no VAR next season despite my huge disappointment at relegation.

its not about top club bias its about being 100 percent right which it clearly is not
there are too many variables

and it still baffles me I watch a lot of football here in Spain and VAR here all offsides are clearly sorted complete with lines within 30 seconds maximum , yet in the uk we see pictures without lines for 3 4 or even 5 minutes,then get a blurred picture with lines , and it begs the question why
In England, they have to eat a sandwich. In Spain they probably just have tapas.

Best solution to me would be just don't use lines at all. If you can't say with certainty by eye if they're on or off, just go with whatever the lino decided.

This also makes the decisions more relevant to the actual play, in the Coventry case, the attacker was a yard or 2 ahead of his man and the man u player the lines were comparing to is the opposite side of the pitch, what difference does an inch make there? Without the lines you can't see it. But if the man u defensive line was straight and the Coventry attacker was an inch ahead of his man, then that inch can have a feasible impact and is relevant to look at, and it would be clear without lines because they're right next to each other.

Trying to make offside an exact science is what is causing these issues with huge delays and bull shitty big toe decisions. The problem can't be solved by adding more rules/exceptions. We've seen the same with handballs, they try to make it an exact science, turns out the rules don't apply well to being black and white, so they change the rules and you get a different set of decisions that don't feel right, rinse and repeat. The rules are vague because anyone who knows football knows a handball or offside or foul when they see it, no fan can give a robust logical set of rules to apply to any situation that would match their gut feeling, there's always an exception.

Back
Top Bottom