Pre-Match View From Swindon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Close. We do hold the record for highest number of final failures (4: 1997, 2003, 2009, 2012) and we're second on the list of unsuccessful campaigns with 6 (as before plus 1998 and 2013). Preston have a spectacular 9 failures (out on their own!), with 3 final defeats (in bold):

Championship equivalent: 2001, 2005, 2006, 2009*
League 1 equivalent: 1989, 1999, 2014
League 2 equivalent: 1994, 1995

*lost to United!

We have had 7 unsuccessful play off attempts, not 6.

4 final defeats - Huddersfield Town (2012), Burnley (2009), Wolverhampton Wanderers (2003) and Crystal Palace (1997).

3 semi final defeats Yeovil Town (2013), Sunderland (1998) and Bristol City (1988).

We have had 7 unsuccessful play off attempts, not 6.

4 final defeats - Huddersfield Town (2012), Burnley (2009), Wolverhampton Wanderers (2003) and Crystal Palace (1997).

3 semi final defeats Yeovil Town (2013), Sunderland (1998) and Bristol City (1988).

Sorry, should have made it more clear that I was talking about the promotion play offs rather than the disaster that was Bristol City.

Sorry, should have made it more clear that I was talking about the promotion play offs rather than the disaster that was Bristol City.

In hindsight, losing to Bristol City was the best thing that could have happened to us. Plus that cunt Paul Williams fucked off. Win win!!!

“I was up there for the Sheffield away match this year and they just kicked lumps out of us all 2nd half.”

I don't remember that. Checking the stats from the match I see they received 6 yellow cards, which is quite a lot.

I remember their bizarre tactic of spending the first 45 minutes trying to get Higdon sent off and not participating in a football match at all. It backfired massively when we forced to bring Murphy on, and his pace, sharpness and finishing resulted in the two goals.
Have we got someone who can kick lumps out of people have we signed Trevor Hockeys son in disguise :rolleyes:

Yes but that score means we will have failed again :oops:

Ah yes, but on the plus side, at first glance it at least looks like we've won. Do we at least score a goal to get to -2?

Talking of which, have Preston scored in any of their 3 final defeats?

Ah yes, but on the plus side, at first glance it at least looks like we've won. Do we at least score a goal to get to -2?

Talking of which, have Preston scored in any of their 3 final defeats?

Yes but only in the fourth tier:

1994: Wycombe 4-2 Preston North End
2001: Bolton 3-0 Preston North End
2005: Preston North End 0-1 West Ham United

Back
Top Bottom