Pre-Match View From Bradford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

One of the best features on any forum, it's the bitterness I love after a defeat (for them) have to say I didn't enjoy reading this last season...

Always had soft spot for Bradford for forever being in the shadow of those horrible cunts from Bellend road. But I really hope we put a marker down today and give em right fucking good hiding.

Part of the key to recent form IMHO is that even our flair players are grafters.

It's stereotypical but often true that a lot of the supposedly quality ball players at this level rely on other more physically fit players around them to do the hard yards.

I'll throw Bradley Dack in there for one. Perhaps harsh, but he looked about half a stone overweight when we beat them. Jose Baxter is another good example.

At present, you've got Fleck who was more than happy to run 50 yards to show his determination to get us a goal against Vale and he gets stuck in. More and more you are seeing Coutts tracking back and putting himself about as well as venturing forward into shooting positions. All of which seemed optional extras to him in previous seasons. Then you've got Duffy, a very busy player. Up front, both Done and Sharp's hallmarks are hard work too.

It's very difficult to beat a team who has better players AND who work harder than you from 1 to 11. Lafferty is improving and has bought into this ethos and Freeman has also shown a new lease of life and has always had high energy to his game.

Not everything will go our way but we have somehow arrived at a formula of having all the qualities of a Warnock team's work ethic yet have also managed to get some very good footballers into the team.

Let's be fair, Chris had 4 matches where the players were adjusting but 23 points then from a possible 27 is a remarkable run of form. Going on last year's promotion on 85 points and the form of the past 9 matches, you'd be promoted by mid-March!

That's how good a job he's been doing.

Keep on keeping on!

Good point. It's great for Coutts, Fleck and a few of the other players who would necessarily have all the off the ball work in their locker.

Another great asset is the belief emanating from the players. Fantastic to see.

Interesting comments from their fans on Killa (wanting him to make way for another player) and Tony McMahon being a decent player for them... he was a fooking liability for us!

I hope Wilder gets us to press McMahon whenever he gets the ball as it'll either force the errors on the ball or he'll lose discipline.

I just can't believe that we all wanted him to fuck off in the summer! His effortless link-up play with the other forums has now made him an integral part of the squad.

He went stale for a while and wasn't putting in the graft under Adkins - I think Wilder has given him the boot up the arse that he needed

Interesting comments from their fans on Killa (wanting him to make way for another player) and Tony McMahon being a decent player for them... he was a fooking liability for us!

I hope Wilder gets us to press McMahon whenever he gets the ball as it'll either force the errors on the ball or he'll lose discipline.

Well I'm from Bradford so I hear about them all the time. They played Killa at left back, so obviously he's going to be poor! Never been a. Full back. They also have Meridith at LB normally who is probably their best player.

They're not quite the kick and rush team of previous years, unless Hanson plays and then it will be direct. I think they're a decent side but lack in front of goal, with none of their strikers looking particularly prolific.

Also, McMahon splits opinion among Bradford fans, hardly a surprise really. Everyone is aware he's a cock though!

I'll be in the home end today and have never seen our fans celebrate before (as I'm usually in it obviously) so I just hope we score so I can see it!

If this side is anything like McCall's Sevco - foul often, protest loudly and in numbers, dive, protest loudly and in numbers - then Mr Moss is in for a busy Time.

Unusual Saturday morning feeling of optimism. I don't like it, bound to backfire on me. It's years since I have looked forward so much to games.

Interesting that they are hoping we don't use the high press against them; that's been a hallmark of our recent good run. I expect we will use that tactic once more so that could be a route into a winning position. Key will be if McCall knows that and does something to prevent that; the long punt to Hanson maybe? It could come down to EEL vs. Hanson if that is the case.

I think it'll be a tight 1-1.

It's not really a "tactic" though, is it? It's a sine qua non of Tuftyball and won't change from game to game.

The same ref that has been bombed out of the Prem for his red card farce last weekend, so they dump him on our game for punishment.

True, the Football League is a dumping ground for every incompetent degenerate who can't fulfill their own basic job description. But of course they must all be "respected" and immune from professional criticism. Delicate little flowers that they are.

Back
Top Bottom