POTG taking a hit?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ainsley Harriott

I saw this thing on itv the other week
Reaction score
Considering how poor we are on the pitch, how will this affect walk ups? It's anything from £21-47 for Man U. I know we take the piss out of that lot, but our attendances will be hampered simply by those refusing to pay to watch garbage. Stick a few more points on the table - changes things. But as we stand, do we think POTG prices take a hit too?

Just a little thought I had that's all. I'm still here, just. 😊❤️❤️

Considering how poor we are on the pitch, how will this affect walk ups? It's anything from £21-47 for Man U. I know we take the piss out of that lot, but our attendances will be hampered simply by those refusing to pay to watch garbage. Stick a few more points on the table - changes things. But as we stand, do we think POTG prices take a hit too?

Just a little thought I had that's all. I'm still here, just. 😊❤️❤️
Man Utd game is almost a sell out. Just a scattering of single seats available 🤔

(
Man Utd game is almost a sell out. Just a scattering of single seats available 🤔
They've also been on sale a while. Probable the NU game. Going forward, if things don't improve, there'll be fewer&fewer bothering. My mate took his daughter to the Everton game. Just can't just justify paying out to watch us get hammered. I'm surprised I've not added an adultery emoji yet

(

They've also been on sale a while. Probable the NU game. Going forward, if things don't improve, there'll be fewer&fewer bothering. My mate took his daughter to the Everton game. Just can't just justify paying out to watch us get hammered. I'm surprised I've not added an adultery emoji yet
Maybe a wakeup call for those in charge.

Even though we like a moan, we have some of the most loyal and passionate fans around in my opinion. But I was at Fulham on Saturday and it was a miserable trek back to South London where I live. Can't imagine what it must have been like coming from Sheffield and back to watch that limp display. Lad next to me said he'd spent £450 on train tickets alone so far this season. With everything going on with cost of living and the like, combined with just how depressing the last three games have been, I'm really not surprised if some people are deciding it's not worth it.

I just tried to get a ticket for Bournemouth at home , but because I didn't renew my membership my loyalty points are void, so I have to wait until general sale or pay an extra £45 to be a member in addition to the £35 match ticket it's crazy really how the loyalty points works for home games ,

The gate for the Man U game won’t be affected. Man U’s name will always be the biggest draw in English football and with 11 days to go there are just 60 single seats left, including restricted view. It will in all likelihood be the largest gate of the season at the Lane. Home tickets sold out for the Palace game, but Palace didn’t quite sell their full allocation.

The subsequent games against Wolves and Bournemouth will tell us more.

Even though we like a moan, we have some of the most loyal and passionate fans around in my opinion. But I was at Fulham on Saturday and it was a miserable trek back to South London where I live. Can't imagine what it must have been like coming from Sheffield and back to watch that limp display. Lad next to me said he'd spent £450 on train tickets alone so far this season. With everything going on with cost of living and the like, combined with just how depressing the last three games have been, I'm really not surprised if some people are deciding it's not worth it.
The journey back from Fulham wasn't great, plus the coach full of young uns on back pissed up 😟

I just tried to get a ticket for Bournemouth at home , but because I didn't renew my membership my loyalty points are void, so I have to wait until general sale or pay an extra £45 to be a member in addition to the £35 match ticket it's crazy really how the loyalty points works for home games ,
Just wait till general sale mate, no point wasting £45.

If this last 3 games is indicative of what's to come, crowds will be nearer 20k than 30k soon enough

I bet they're not.
Come the end of the January transfer window, if relegation is basically confirmed, there's no new signings and we are out of the FA Cup I think we'll see crowds of 23/24k for the non-big team home games. And even for the "big" games I don't think it'll be a sell out anymore. Losing is miserable

Come the end of the January transfer window, if relegation is basically confirmed, there's no new signings and we are out of the FA Cup I think we'll see crowds of 23/24k for the non-big team home games. And even for the "big" games I don't think it'll be a sell out anymore. Losing is miserable
Correct, it is miserable, but only time will tell if you or me are right.

Will never be a problem against the likes of man utd as they will always have fans buying in our areas.

I can’t get to many games living overseas, so to buy a membership (or 2) does not really make sense. I managed to get some tickets for Wolves but I don’t understand why they insisted on 110 loyalty points for a priority sale when another home game was 100.

Will never be a problem against the likes of man utd as they will always have fans buying in our areas.
Doubt it , the seating plan is showing just 9 single seats remaining , with tickets not due to go on general sale until tomorrow .

It’s not the performances for me, it’s the price.

As a long time POTG this is the first season I’ve been priced out. I’ve been to one so far, took the sprog to Everton, £50+.

I can’t justify that cost on football.

I usually do 10-15 games a season, this season it will likely be closer to 5.

I know a season ticket works out cheaper, but I don’t have the ability to go to every game, so would still be losing money.

Doubt it , the seating plan is showing just 9 single seats remaining , with tickets not due to go on general sale until tomorrow .
Surprised that one's selling as well as it is - apart from anything else who wants to go to football on a Saturday night? Was a hard pass from me as soon as they said this KO time was on the cards

I can assure you we won't be getting anywhere near that low. 28k possibly but that's only for a game against Bournemouth or Luton, everyone else will fill it.

I can’t get to many games living overseas, so to buy a membership (or 2) does not really make sense. I managed to get some tickets for Wolves but I don’t understand why they insisted on 110 loyalty points for a priority sale when another home game was 100.

Yeah I know a few new fans looking to go to the Man Utd game to watch the Blades but they can't due to the points restriction on general sale tickets.

I can assure you we won't be getting anywhere near that low. 28k possibly but that's only for a game against Bournemouth or Luton, everyone else will fill it.
We'll see. If we are on 5 points in February and nothing is changing I really don't think people will be rocking up to watch another beating

Hopefully, the team improves and it doesn't matter

We'll see. If we are on 5 points in February and nothing is changing I really don't think people will be rocking up to watch another beating

Hopefully, the team improves and it doesn't matter
No you're right but it definitely can't be that low. There's pretty much that amount of season ticket holders. I'm not sure we'll have made 5 points either haha.

(

We got pulverised 2-2

Back
Top Bottom