Positives

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
We've played the two best teams in the league are are pissed off we didn't get 4 points. We'd have written those games off at the start of the season and have thought one goal defeats decent results.

Which suggests to me we are an OK team at this level and should certainly have enough to finish above 3.

No one gets relegated by losing to Spurs and Man City..

We've played the two best teams in the league are are pissed off we didn't get 4 points. We'd have written those games off at the start of the season and have thought one goal defeats decent results.

Which suggests to me we are an OK team at this level and should certainly have enough to finish above 3.

True but you do get relegated taking an average of 1 point from: forest (a) palace (h) and Everton (h). With our upcoming fixtures we could be all but down come November unless we start taking ‘unexpected points’ such as these games.

True, but we’re 5 games in and we’ve 1 point.

Putting in respectable performances is all well and good but nobody survives relegation by getting 1 point every 5 games

True but you do get relegated taking an average of 1 point from: forest (a) palace (h) and Everton (h). With our upcoming fixtures we could be all but down come November unless we start taking ‘unexpected points’ such as these games.
Indeed, but that's with not getting our recruitment together in time . With Hamer, McAtee and Archer, I think we've got a reasonable chance of being the 4th worst team in the division.

Keep the faith Blades.
The lads gave everything today.
It’s how it’s gonna be for us this season.With 15 mins to go, we bring on free transfers, and they bring on 50 mill pound players, and ref gives home side 12 mins to get their result.
Listen to the Wednesday fans! We’re gutted losing away to Tottenham, and they are phoning the Samaritans for being bottom of the Championship.
We’ll be competitive now, this season,it might not be enough, but let’s keep behind em.

Well if another 3 teams get 10 points knocked off . We’re in for a chance

Close up shop at Forest = 1 point.
Close up shop against City = 1 point
Close up shop at Spurs = 3 points.

We could be on 6 points tonight.

Hecky, his team and the players will learn and we will get better.

Negative - Mc Burnie getting sent off.

There are some positives.

Foderingham has been superb this season. Thomas looks an improvement at LWB. Robinson was fantastic today and I think Anel looked comfortable at CB (shouldn't have moved).
McBurnie is doing some really good things at the top of the pitch and we have goalscoring quality in Archer, McAtee and Hamer. This squad has goals in it.
We will bloody some noses.

The bit in the middle is a concern.
The midfield haven't gelled, they seem incapable of stringing a handful of passes together and they're really easily bypassed off the ball and we're left defending for our lives.
We have no control in games.

At the back, we're conceding soft goals. Simple crosses into our box and not picking up men. You don't get away with it at this level.

We're better than I thought we would be but the results aren't on the board.

Keep the faith Blades.
The lads gave everything today.
It’s how it’s gonna be for us this season.With 15 mins to go, we bring on free transfers, and they bring on 50 mill pound players, and ref gives home side 12 mins to get their result.
Listen to the Wednesday fans! We’re gutted losing away to Tottenham, and they are phoning the Samaritans for being bottom of the Championship.
We’ll be competitive now, this season,it might not be enough, but let’s keep behind em.
The ref didn’t give them 12 minutes we gave them 8 /10 of those minute’s minimum

Positives:

Thomas looks a quality signing
Very happy with Robinson today
Davies looks like he could be a good signing
Bogle, whilst not being perfect, looks back to his old self and has definitely put that bizarre period last season behind him

Archer and Mcatee will only get better as they approach match fitness

I am positive in the fact that I hate referees, fourth officials and VAR.

I hope they all get arse cancer and Chansiri press conferences in the afterlife.

Struggled to find the right thread to put this in. Was corruption at play? Was I going to lament the 16 mins added time? Talk about substitutions? Wait for the View from? Instead I wanted to keep a positive mindset and reflect a little.

Firstly, that result, in the end was hard to take. If you’d asked me before the game or at half time if a 2-1 defeat to one of the most in form sides in the division, I’d have taken it. But having hung on for 97 mins having taken a smash and grab goal out of almost nothing, to see us collapse with conceding 2 goals and a red card, it leaves a bitter taste.

I thought overall Spurs were good value for the win. We sat in, rode our luck (again) and got battered for much of the game. We looked organised, hard working and parked the bus like we did against City. No shame in that when the gap is so huge.

We shithoused, no doubt, but not sure how much time really should’ve been added on, but I would be surprised if it was 16 mins.

We were solid amidst the fally-over spurs players and their first 11 couldn’t beat us, so they had to make changes. Second half they really turned the screw, but we rode out wave after wave and got a goal well against the run of play. They could say it was unjustified to be behind given the way they played, but our game plan was working and for that I can see many positives. It wasn’t about individual performances, it was a very solid team performance and it looked like we were going to take a famous victory.

The late drama and determination, whilst being very un-tottenham, show’s the character in their side, the players at their disposal and the quality they have to finish games off.

It felt like there was time added just to give spurs a chance to score and as others have said, once the first went in, the second was almost inevitable.

I can’t say that I agree that McBurnie deserved a red when they spent the game dominating the ref, but I am not about to sulk on the mistreatment by officials either.

Positive aspects is that the midfield look tidy in our set up, even with backs against the wall, I thought we very good without the ball, we had no time on it with the ball.

Proud of the majority of that performance, I’m sure I will reflect more on it over the weekend, but trying to see the positives rather than sulk.

Its possibly 3 or 1 point dropped but it won’t define our season. This division is fucking hard.

Because he's a twat and twats don't go in the book in the Premier League - as theres too many of them in the Pren so would fill the ref's book in moments?

Positives for me is despite playing two of the better teams in the premier league and the others with an undercooked side of parts only seen in jumble shops on a pier front. We haven’t been smashed. Games are close and tight encounters there’s wins in this team, you can sense it.

Only positive for me was not getting a ticket for this sickener. Safe journey home travelling Blades.

1990 gives me hope. Very minimal, but hope it is.

Newcastle didn't look fantastic from what
I just watched, get behind us next week utb

It’s alright giving these teams a game but it counts for nowt if we take fuck all. We will probably make it hard for 30/38 games but fall shot in about 25 in them.

Luton, Burnley and Bournemouth are all going to get fucked over by referees this season.

We aren’t in the bottom 3.

Our goal difference is serving us well. We are capable of scoring goals, even against the top teams, & we aren’t getting hammered by the likes of City & Spurs.

The new players are still in the process of bedding in & gelling. More players learning & getting up to speed.

If we’re not marooned by January a gamble might be taken in the transfer window (another striker, a CB who can play in a 2).

Back
Top Bottom