Pommpey.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

disagree completely hes 23 , a baby in goalkeeping terms
hes unfairly pilloried by people with no clue on how to do the job
he suffered under adkins behind a very badly set up defence
If CW reckons hes a substantial number
it pisses on your moaning

Baby Shilton had collected a lot of England caps by the age of 23. I haven't the time or inclination to check but the same will apply to quite a few other keepers.

Of course keepers tend to improve with age but, By Pele, young Calamity is starting from an exceedingly low baseline.

Ah. So we give Long a 20 year contract and hope by around the 40 mark he's learnt how to command his area,bollock his defenders and smash big centre forwards who challenge him for high balls.
Why isn't this amazing idea standard practice?

You should patent it, make a fortune....

Funny that. I'd have thought it easier for a person to develop their character as they grow older than it is to learn professional standard football skills.
I think that under pressure though one tends to revert to type.

That said, I think he was exposed too much at too young an age. We shouldn't have relied on him as much as we did under Wilson and Weir as I think it made him more nervous.
All part of our confused aims of playing nice football, getting promoted and developing the kids whilst trying to cut costs.

I think larkymasher or Baw Heid said recently that he's a lot more vocal these days, playing for the u23s so he could still be decent.

And who's a better back up keeper in L1?

You don't just suggest incompetence.

So where do I suggest fraud, or McCabe lining his pockets?

Oh, I see. In your mind. Great.

You continually question the accounts and snigger at those who reference them. As an example, I'll refer you to your attempt to recalculate the gate receipts, already covered in the accounts.

No (once again ... you're good at this, aren't you?) I question player sales and that in juxtaposition with acquiring chattels which have no tangible effect. But we have been here before, haven't we? It just ends up with you waving your maggot about in a Bigger Billy Fucking Bigger Bastard Blade demonstration, missing the point, and looking like a dick.

I won't go over your numbers again, for fear of splitting my sides.

Please do. Then show me your working out. You can't, can you?

"us fans"....snigger.

Yeah. 'Us fans'. People who go, and who don't. You do realise you are effectively calling everyone else who doesn't pour millions upon millions of hard earned pounds (like you do) a cunt also? No? Didn't think so.

Grow up son.

pommpey

So where do I suggest fraud, or McCabe lining his pockets?

Oh, I see. In your mind. Great.

No (once again ... you're good at this, aren't you?) I question player sales and that in juxtaposition with acquiring chattels which have no tangible effect. But we have been here before, haven't we? It just ends up with you waving your maggot about in a Bigger Billy Fucking Bigger Bastard Blade demonstration, missing the point, and looking like a dick.

Please do. Then show me your working out. You can't, can you?

Yeah. 'Us fans'. People who go, and who don't. You do realise you are effectively calling everyone else who doesn't pour millions upon millions of hard earned pounds (like you do) a cunt also? No? Didn't think so.

Grow up son.

pommpey

As ever, our pompous nautical numpty, lot's of words, zero substance.

Great comeback. Serious. I am humbled.

pommpey
Apologies. Your posts fall in to two categories, usually dependant on the time of day;

1. Intensely annoying, based on your complete pomposity.

2. Utterly boring, so much so that I can't get past the first few hundred words (usually a tenth of the content).

This was the second. You might be a shit football "fan", but you can be an excellent pre cursor to a good nap.

Apologies. Your posts fall in to two categories, usually dependant on the time of day;

1. Intensely annoying, based on your complete pomposity.

2. Utterly boring, so much so that I can't get past the first few hundred words (usually a tenth of the content).

This was the second. You might be a shit football "fan", but you can be an excellent pre cursor to a good nap.

Good. Glad to be of service. Anyone with the correct level of maturity would ignore them.

You seem intent on trolling me, for whatever reason. The only thing you have, is that you go to more games than me.

Cheerio.

pommpey

You seem intent on trolling me, for whatever reason. The only thing you have, is that you go to more games than me.
Yes. That, and that you continually spout utter bile towards Sheffield United, and I'm amongst a group of posters who're sick to death of your armchair shite.

Yes. That, and that you continually spout utter bile towards Sheffield United, and I'm amongst a group of posters who're sick to death of your armchair shite.

And they have asked you to vocalize your crossness? So this has changed from a debate about transfers and incompetence toward an irrational vendetta pursued on behalf of an as-yet undefined legion of people who have elected you to chase me all over the board with your billy big blade bollocks?

I represent no one, except me. Take it or leave it. Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one. You however are acting like one.

I am frankly unconcerned what your opinion of my opinion is. Either ignore it or sit there in your well of loathing. I disagree with many on here. Bert, as persistent as he is, does the honour of backing up his bile with facts and the occasional bit of truth. Sean Thornton seems to know what he is talking about. Top Cat ... is clearly a deluded Walter Mitty. You are like a pathetic, spoiled elder sibling who lacks the attention of his parents. The argument is lost in your braggadocio and your point is, as ever, not there. You go to more games. That's a given. Well done. Your opinion and your right to voice it is no greater than mine. I'll continue to voice it and you can't stop me. Either accept that or stick me on ignore.

Dry your eyes. Man up. Live with it, lovey.

pommpey

And they have asked you to vocalize your crossness? So this has changed from a debate about transfers and incompetence toward an irrational vendetta pursued on behalf of an as-yet undefined legion of people who have elected you to chase me all over the board with your billy big blade bollocks?

I represent no one, except me. Take it or leave it. Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one. You however are acting like one.

I am frankly unconcerned what your opinion of my opinion is. Either ignore it or sit there in your well of loathing. I disagree with many on here. Bert, as persistent as he is, does the honour of backing up his bile with facts and the occasional bit of truth. Sean Thornton seems to know what he is talking about. Top Cat ... is clearly a deluded Walter Mitty. You are like a pathetic, spoiled elder sibling who lacks the attention of his parents. The argument is lost in your braggadocio and your point is, as ever, not there. You go to more games. That's a given. Well done. Your opinion and your right to voice it is no greater than mine. I'll continue to voice it and you can't stop me. Either accept that or stick me on ignore.

Dry your eyes. Man up. Live with it, lovey.

pommpey
Definitely category 2.

Zzzzzzxx

Back
Top Bottom