POLL: Do you have faith in Wilder?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Do you have faith in Wilder?

• Yes, did all along

Votes: 90 37.8%
  • Yes, but I was wary until the retained list came out

Votes: 48 20.2%
  • No, done nothing to change my mind

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • No, I did at first but he's trying too much too soon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too soon to say as yet despite the work he's done

Votes: 96 40.3%

• Total voters

He's done nothing other than release a load of players who would have been released anyway.

There's been somewhat of an overreaction so far.

This isn't me slagging him off, far from it, I really like the bloke and think we'll have s great chance with a proper lower league manager in charge.

A lot will depend on how much he's hindered by our car crash ownership.

As for the phallacy of us needing a 'straight-talker', this is quite frankly rubbish.

Warnock was a straight talker, and loads of people got their knickers in a twist when he said something they didn't like. Same with Clough. To some extent same with Adkins.

I hope against hope that's he's the one, the perfect fit, snd the right man fur us. But then I hoped the same thing last season.

2 weeks into his reign, before a balls been kicked, a signing has been linked, and just a few players released, is far too early to form any kind of proper opinion.

He's done what he's done because he KNOWS what needs to be done because he knows SUFC.

Who from? Kevin McMorpheus?

Take the blue pill, and you become a giddy part-time pig who's spunked his kegs over watching the Trampions League final at Champs.

Take the red pill, you enter a nightmare, where a well-supported city club endures 6 seasons in the third division.

How deep does the rabbit hole go?...

Too soon to say....he's done nothing that 90% of us wouldn't have done!

Proof will be in his recruitment....as with any manager. And then how he gets them playing.....ask again in September. We shall know by then if his squad has the makings of a good side.

Strictly speaking and in my opinion, judging him on the proof of his recruitment could be deemed a little unfair if he has both hands tied behind his back by the board not giving him the support he needs to turn what was a complete and utter lack lustre squad around

Let's just hope he gets the support he needs and then yes, he can be judged on his recruitment

So, we've had time to hear every angle of the stories from the Adkins sacking and Wilder headhunt. He's come in, shaken a few heads together, and booted out a lot of the shit. A clean sweep with a new brush. I know we've done no transfer business IN yet but we can still judge what we know thus far.

A lower league manager who's earned his stripes and earned a crack at HIS job the hard way. Make no bones about it this bloke has worked his socks off to get where he is now.

The first soundbites were the ones from Northampton fans and their general guttedness (is that a word) about Wilder going. Must say they were very classy though and didn't show any anger towards him, from the chairman to the fans. The video of him on the pitch at Notts county telling the chairman to sell the club as no one was getting paid was brilliant, spoke like a football man. Was it Foxy who told us about seeing him at Wrexham away in the cup years and years ago? Says a lot about his love for us. That's not on his doorstep is it...

Then he was unveiled and we all felt a bit 'same owd' about it. Another press conference, another new face, more talk of doing the right things and little action being done to do it. But then the retained list came out. No second/third/fourth chances, the players that failed us were out. And the ones that he couldn't release he made them know in no uncertain terms they weren't wanted by transfer listing them. Can't say fairer than that.

At first I was sceptical I'll happily admit he's changed my mind completely. Words don't count for a lot but actions do, and he's restored a lot of peoples faith and hope in this club. Time for a fresh ethos and a new team to be proud of. Something feels different to the rest of the appointments in this division, he's one of us, he gets it. I don't care how fucking 'bladey blade' that sounds, fuck it, it's true.

He loves SUFC like we do. And I have the firmest belief that he's going to bring us back where we belong.

I'm sure there was a similar poll when Adkins arrived, it'd be interesting to see how the results compare?

Wilder left 17 years ago! If you returned to a company 17 years after leaving would you say you knew the place?

He knows how it feels to be part of a Blades team that had spunk, Adams was only ever a fan.

He knows how it feels to be part of a Blades team that had spunk, Adams was only ever a fan.

I really am behind Wilder and hope he does well, but his playing days at United mean absolutely fuck all now. If it was that simple to be successful, every club would have an ex player as manager.

Wilder left 17 years ago! If you returned to a company 17 years after leaving would you say you knew the place?

So you being a blade , never would look how we went on , or what was going on if you worked away for a while
there wouldnt be any info on the blades events in oxford or northampton so youd be stumped as to how we were doing

Last edited:
So you being a blade , never would look how we went on , or what was going on if you worked away for a while
there wouldnt be any info on the blades events in oxford or northampton so youd be stumped as to how we were doing

Wilder has watched us as a fan and his mates will have filled him in weekly, not just since he landed the job.

I really am behind Wilder and hope he does well, but his playing days at United mean absolutely fuck all now. If it was that simple to be successful, every club would have an ex player as manager.

It doesn't mean fuck all because he will be trying to build what he experienced here as a player as well as bringing his ideas from Oxford and Northampton, a useful cocktail.

Not a very good comparison. Being employed by a company, and being employed by a football club you support and have an attachment for are two very different things. He'll have kept up to date, and will have kept up a good standard of knowledge about the club in a way your average ex employee definitely wouldn't towards a company.

We all wanted a clean sweep and regardless of what comes in I think we generally all agree it's what was needed. The majority (not all) weren't fit to wear the shirt. So despite it being early days at this point we have to applaud all he's done. I genuinely think he's the man for the job for which despite my enthusiasm I never quite felt when Adkins was appointed

We all wanted a clean sweep and regardless of what comes in I think we generally all agree it's what was needed. The majority (not all) weren't fit to wear the shirt. So despite it being early days at this point we have to applaud all he's done. I genuinely think he's the man for the job for which despite my enthusiasm I never quite felt when Adkins was appointed

Last time I was this enthusiastic was the appointment of Weir :eek:

Thought we'd cracked it then, Clough and Adkins were so-so but Adkins seemed a better move than Clough due to his CV.

That said I was gutted when Bassett got the job.

I'm fully behind Wilder but perhaps that's just the euphoria of getting rid of Madkins and the wasted season we've just had. I do however have concerns in that I think he's gone overboard with the number of players he's getting rid of. Baby and bath water spring to mind. That been said I suppose it does depend on who he brings in. For me though Harris, freeman, K Wallace and maybe even Flynn deserved a chance.

Back
Top Bottom