Playing Devil's advocate. Assuming Hecky stays...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kozzy_is_my_Dad

No excuses, no dickheads.
Reaction score
Just to counteract Ingood Nick's possible fishing for appetite for Wilder on the Prince's behalf on Twitter... 😉

If we're assuming Hecky stays, what reasonable, realistic, match day advice would you give him?

I'll start.

Play Hamer in his natural position.

Drop the use of 5 at the back. It isn't working, we're still leaking goals. Put an extra man in midfield to give us a fighting chance of not being overrun.

Grow a fucking backbone and tell your players to do the same. Don’t send a team out that’s got less fight than a tent full of nuns.

Show some pride in the badge on your shirts. Try not to look like a pub side that won a chance to play at a Premier League stadium.
I used to work with a bloke who was taught by nuns. He told me about the beatings they used to hand out. They are sadistic bullies. We could do with some.

Tell the team to remember Spurs away and Everton and Wolves at home this season. Why can't we now match those performances?

It depends on your definition of “untenable”. If there is no money to pay millions in compensation to get rid of the management team and to find and employ another, then his position is tenable.

The money for Hecky is already budgeted. Indeed, if a settlement is reached for the less than the full value of his contract, it saves money. The money for a replacement isn't, but if the replacement gets us to 19th and not 20th then it will pay for itself

It depends on your definition of “untenable”. If there is no money to pay millions in compensation to get rid of the management team and to find and employ another, then his position is tenable.
Disagree, even that doesn’t make his position tenable. Once it gets to this point there is no way back.

Untenable as in a position (or viewpoint) unable to maintained or defended against attack. I appreciate there may well a financial barrier but his position is clearly untenable as I doubt there is a single person defending a viewpoint that he should remain in post.

Untenable as in a position (or viewpoint) unable to maintained or defended against attack. I appreciate there may well a financial barrier but his position is clearly untenable as I doubt there is a single person defending a viewpoint that he should remain in post.
I am not sure. It is easy to assume that all the ills are with the manager rather than the players.
However given that we have little ground to sack the players the easy way out is to sack the manager and hope that the players are better than we think !!

I do see where you are coming from Snowflake but when the alternative is collapse with untold financial consequences then I suspect there are ways and means (even if that means borrowing against parachute payments).

I am not sure. It is easy to assume that all the ills are with the manager rather than the players.
However given that we have little ground to sack the players the easy way out is to sack the manager and hope that the players are better than we think !!
I think it’s fair to say the players are most likely better than we’re seeing. I think it’s also fair to say everything within Heckingbottom’s control, that is things he has direct influence over, he has done so well below par. Patterns of play, game management, player preparation and fitness. All well short of Premier League levels. I’m not sure there’s a straight line of blame to the Prince and budget for these matters specifically (quality of playing staff is another matter, of course).

Alan Partridge Biggs has posted a statement from the club -confirming PH will do a pre Liverpool match briefing on Monday afternoon

Get yourself a 'Hard-hat' & extra security for when you're in the dug-out. 😂
Keep the Back 3 of Yourself, McCall & Jack in the rear-most seats of said dug-out where it is reasonably safe from (half eaten) flying pies/sausage rolls!.
DO NOT under any circumstances venture forward in the dug-out and definitely NOT out into the pitchside open area, as there is always some fxxxer with a great throwing arm nearby that doesn't eat the crusts or manage to eat all their pie, it's not as though you and/or 'Pointing-man' McCall being out there makes an iota of difference to the 'Shit-show' you have sent on to the pitch anyway, STAY SAFE! ;)😂😂

And that is my reasonable, realistic, match day advice for Wed evening and the remainder of his/their :tumbleweed: tenure.

Get yourself a 'Hard-hat' & extra security for when you're in the dug-out. 😂
Keep the Back 3 of Yourself, McCall & Jack in the rear-most seats of said dug-out where it is reasonably safe from (half eaten) flying pies/sausage rolls!.
DO NOT under any circumstances venture forward in the dug-out and definitely NOT out into the pitchside open area, as there is always some fxxxer with a great throwing arm nearby that doesn't eat the crusts or manage to eat all their pie, it's not as though you and/or 'Pointing-man' McCall being out there makes an iota of difference to the 'Shit-show' you have sent on to the pitch anyway, STAY SAFE! ;)😂😂

And that is my reasonable, realistic, match day advice for Wed evening and the remainder of his/their :tumbleweed: tenure.
I’m not suggesting in any way that things should be thrown at the management, but if some naughty scamp does manage to hurl a warm meaty pie and it connects with the back of the head of, to pick someone entirely at random, Paul Heckingbottom, and by some fortunate chance said collision is recorded then I would of course have to view it, just to register my extreme disapproval.

Grow a fucking backbone and tell your players to do the same. Don’t send a team out that’s got less fight than a tent full of nuns.

Show some pride in the badge on your shirts. Try not to look like a pub side that won a chance to play at a Premier League stadium.
They need that nun that visited Father Teds house, chase the fuckers round a field hitting them with sticks…..

Not being funny though, you ever seen a pissed off tent full of nuns? Especially Irish Catholic. Most armies have less fight in them than that lot.

I’m not suggesting in any way that things should be thrown at the management, but if some naughty scamp does manage to hurl a warm meaty pie and it connects with the back of the head of, to pick someone entirely at random, Paul Heckingbottom, and by some fortunate chance said collision is recorded then I would of course have to view it, just to register my extreme disapproval.
Now you’re being silly.

The pies being warm, whatever next…..

Back
Top Bottom